Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Client test, PRE RC

Ok, we have a new client, which is the pre RC binary.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el.exe

Overwrite your el.exe (remember that you will have to close the game while downloading it). Preferably make a backup of the old el.exe (or, altternatively, rename this exe as something different)

This is just the binary, no extra stuff. We want to see if there are any problems. If you find problems that were not in the OLD client, make a thread in the Bugs forum (or if there is already one post there) called "PRE RC bugs".

Happy testing.

Is this the same as current cvs or is the test windows specific?

It's based on the current CVS as of about 2 hours ago.

I got a minipatch at berlios to fix compile issues on BSD. I'll add to FreeBSD notes for now.

There's also a compile warning, that I *think* can be ignored if you use -DNEW_SOUND, see here, for details.

I got a minipatch at berlios to fix compile issues on BSD. I'll add to FreeBSD notes for now.

There's also a compile warning, that I *think* can be ignored if you use -DNEW_SOUND, see here, for details.

If you dont use NEW_SOUND or ALUT_WAV, then is should link properly with freealut. ALUT_WAV makes it revert to the old code and ALsizei, without ALUT_WAV, freq is ALfloat. You shouldn't need that patch if you are properly configured and you shouldn't need NEW_SOUND either.

I know this just came out, any time table on a Mac OSX version?

Nevermind, I see this is for testing and I am sure the Mac version will come along when the next version is out.

Thanks.

Edited by setec

I'm loving the new mixing window. I made 45 fire essences in a row. Then I made 117 bone powder in a row. This is so nice and fast for "small" items. Also it will help for people like me who are always bordering on CT or elbow problems. Even scrolling in the mixing window can hurt, so reduced scrolling it definitely healthier as well as more effective.

I've attempted to use new file, but am unable to connect to server.

Problem solved - everything is great so far...

Edited by geritt

Really enjoying this new client, seems to be working even smoother for me than the old. I'm making bone powders now, lots and lots. Sometimes, at random, I will stop mixing without any effort of my own. Harvesting used to do this for me also-- stop without an actual game event. Is this intended to do this or a bug? As long as I have another pestle in inventory I do not stop mixing when one breaks? (I like this, but not too sure if it is a bug or not so figured I would note it.)

Chat window! Now this I think is also a wonderful add-in. Seems to jump when scrolling through old msgs when new msgs are added.. maybe intended, idk but annoying sometimes. Also though, there are times the window is just in the way like say a manu window, spell window.. is there a cmd that I can do to close the window and open it? (without having to go through the options menu?) If there is not one I would like to suggest it if possible as I think it would be good to have.

That's all I have so far.

Randoms stops while making things is a server feature ... just be glad Ent has added new baf effects to go with them.

ok ive tried to down the the new client twice now and keep getting the following msg

"This application has faild to start because SDL.dll was not found "

thanx james

Edited by conavar

Some other, perhaps useless tid bits:

Ran into an issue with the local chat tab. Doing : before text was flagging my other channel as having active message. Would have at any given time a GM msg flagged, chan 0, etc. No actual msgs, but was reproduced via the : command. Also, I had trouble creating a character via the new client. Seemed a bit buggy, and would state 'invalid character' so, am not sure if there was a human error or a code error.

DSL.DLL has nothing to do with EL, and if it is the one that google reckons it is, it is for audio hardware (a sound card).

The problem then would be your sound card driver, nothing to do with EL.