Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MagpieLee

Autoinvasion improvement

When an invasion is announced - many people flood to votd to join in.

If the announcement stated the monster lvl - only players who consider it worth going would go (ie if only trolls - someone who could take on chims would ignore it and not go to votd).

This would mean that the lower lvl fighter would be able to take part.

As it is with no annoucement - high lvl fighters go to votd and take out lower level creatures in seconds - so the invasions are going to be bigger and bigger monsters to provide a challenge - which means no hope of anything for lower lever fighter to try.

On another matter, could we also have another NPC to which we donate in order to have a 'proper' invasion - like the big one on Halloween - now that I would certainly contribut to!

we, the Coop-forces of EL with the help of others, worked very hard to get that system up and running. sorry if you dont like it but it is saveing many lives and its better for us, we hope to keep it running forever.

Notice how "you" a NON fighter would think this is bad idea, and that you like it the way it is, but since you cant *bleep* mix/make/summon anything close to Votd storage WT*bleep* does this do to you? You all make *bleep* in NC or w/e anyways, and you were the only people who wanted this. Funny that.

om*bleep*g0sh someone could loose a pickaxe ;*(

Edited by Aislinn

Shog, please, language.

Lots of people go to VotD storage who are not at all involved in fighting. VotD has very convenient red roses and snaps for fire essences, and a gold mine. And it may surprise you, but to a newbie, a harvesting or MM cape costs an utter fortune. Then there are the people that pass through VotD, the people that train on the low-level VotD animals, etc.

Not everyone is a fighter who can take on arctic chims and cyclopses. Please be tolerant of those who aren't.

Shog, please, language.

Lots of people go to VotD storage who are not at all involved in fighting. VotD has very convenient red roses and snaps for fire essences, and a gold mine. And it may surprise you, but to a newbie, a harvesting or MM cape costs an utter fortune. Then there are the people that pass through VotD, the people that train on the low-level VotD animals, etc.

Not everyone is a fighter who can take on arctic chims and cyclopses. Please be tolerant of those who aren't.

And you are?

I was giving my opinion.. I guess thats not allowed now? :brooding:

Shog, please, language.

And you are?

I was giving my opinion.. I guess thats not allowed now? :icon13:

She never once said that you aren't allowed to give your opinion. Karen only asked for you to watch your language. Maybe if you read what she said before you replied..? :icon13:

in some way he's right. Invasions are 90% for the fighters.

You don't go swathing into the invasion fields mixing LE or crafting a leather helm, you go there to FIGHT (or bagjump). The other 10% is for the pacifistic healers or the serious roleplayer. If you think an invasion is for any other purpose then you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Wanna twist the cherry even more? It was mainly the non-fighter crowd that contributed into giving the fighters more time to prepare. Ha! Nice one.

Yes it is unfortunate that a newbie can die. But thats what newbies do, they die and learn from it (fool me once shame on me etc...) . All I wanna do is find some simple solutions as to make these automatic invasions better.

Edited by MagpieLee

Yes shoq, watch your language please. Or we will watch it for you. This isn't the flames outlaws section. :unsure:

Oki, I was just commenting, next time I wont swear. :devlish:

I agree and disagree with lots of the comments but losing an ex cape for a beginniner is, like stop playing time. If you're alch'in or whatever... lots of windows cover the server msgs. Oh, and what are the warnings for forieign lang members? Boring to have the same monster same map too. Obviously no bag recovery possible to lower char so the higher reap profit. The solid 400 that play should have a voice. On that note...why do things that players can MAKE have less value than the ingredients? This encourages fighter only types and weakens the overall economy, unless monster drops are a regulated process. Agree/Disagree...I welcome all comments.