Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VriS@K

Wanted list

Ok this is getting siriusly. There are too many bagjumpers and scammers and noone dosent do anything about it! Evry body get scamed and all they got is :"Im sorry to hear thet!" Thet is what makes this game boring! You make you hard work antil someone scamed you and ruin evrything you built! Then i thought,maybe its a good idea to make a Wanted list in game! Players can read them only in game on some citys and places. Players how dont respect and scam and other stuf get on thet list. Now player how get on a list get bounty on his head. Now he became pk for some days or a day(depends on what he done). Now there is a reword for those how kill him like this:(names are made up)

WANTED:

Sprite-dead or alive-wanted for healing others traning and stealing bags-reword 1000gc

Dino-dead or alive-wanted for scaming newbies-500gc

Nrogira-dead-wanted for too mani times scamed,and a big bagjumping-reword 10000

Now prices depends on players strenght,if players are extrymly strong then there bounty will get higher. And now i know thet strong player no one woud attack so i get idea to put bots,police. Thet only attack BOUNTED players... And they woud be placed near citys and populated arias...Now what you think?

Yea but its anoying! It will be good to put some law in the game...If you know what i mean.

In case you haven't noticed, this is what outlaws forums are for. 'Bad' people are posted there for all to see and warn people to be wary; and in some cases for the accused to defend themselves. Player set bounties are not uncommon, though often some players will hunt down these outlaws anyway. Personally I think the player handled system of outlaws and bounties is quite adequate. These actions are not against the game rules, it is only 'wrong' in the eyes of the community, and they should be the ones to handle it

don't forget that 'bad boys' make the game more interesting ;)

Thats why you :wub: me hunni :D

Rofl, this is a very easy way to make gc, get a guildmate on the list, kick him, pk him, get the reward, put him in the guild again, and keep doing it over and over.

There are too many bagjumpers and scammers and noone dosent do anything about it!

The reason why "nothing" is done about it is that;

1. The measure "too many" is not exactly an accurate measure

2. Bagjumping is not an issues, since bags does not belong to anybody. What you put in a bag begomes free for all who can get their hands on the bag. Some players might see it as nice and honorable to respect a certain ownership of a given bag. Please note that there is nothing in the game rules that regulates owenrship of bags.

3. Scamming is also allowed, within certain limits, also stated in the rules. So basic in-game item scamming is ok, while password/accout scamming is not.

In short, "noone dosent do anything about it" because it is legal in the game.

I think we have all been bagjumped at one time or another and yes it sucks ;)

but personally i dont think there is any thing Wrong with people who bagjump (it gives the game its bad guys)

i agree ppl who maybe scam or cheat should maybe have a WANTED put on them . i would place the list in the tavern on IP (it might not serve alot but might help newbies know who to avoid and not trust)

yea...I agree with you. And maybe bad boys make the world spin but too many bad boys make it sunk...I mean it will not bee funny because bagjumped people useuly became begjumpers....

Wether it be possible to impliment or not i dont know but another idea is to have like a sliding scale for characters say from -50 to +50 .players start at 0 and for every good deed (healing others etc) they gain + points and for every bad deed ( bagjumping,scamming) they recieve negative points .

Depending on your score (and therefore standing with npcs) you have plus or negative perks

-10 to +10 : normal

+11 to +20: 5% off items bought from shops

+21 to +40: +2 charisma and 5% off items

+41 to +50: +4 charisma and 10% off items

-11 to -20 : 5% more cost on items from shops

-21 to -30 : -2 charisma and 5% on items

-31 to -40 : -2 charisma and 10% on items

-41 to -49 : -4 charisma and 15% on items

- 50 : antisocial perk

Wether it be possible to impliment or not i dont know but another idea is to have like a sliding scale for characters say from -50 to +50 .players start at 0 and for every good deed (healing others etc) they gain + points and for every bad deed ( bagjumping,scamming) they recieve negative points .

As ttl pointed out there are several karma threads already....

And before posting such thing as these, please read the thread and try search before posting not-so-thought-of things.

Did you like ever stop to think about;

If bagjumping is not illegal in the game, how would you be able to define it as a bad deed? And really... what defines bagjumping (game mechanics wise).

Example 1: Me and ttlanhil are doing a project together. We are making sulphur. ttlanhil is mixing and I am running him flowers. When i step on his bag to drop flowers and pick up fire essences to bring to the storage am I bagjumping?

Example 2: Same as above, with the addition of a friend coming in to help out. He brings food and takes some flowers to start another bag. Is that bagjumping?

The answer is no, of course it isn't in any of the cases, but when we look at the game (assuming we will say that taking a bag is a bad thing) How would the game mechanics ever be able to interpret such things.

And scamming.... well that is just too <censored> to comment.

If bagjumping is not illegal in the game, how would you be able to define it as a bad deed? And really... what defines bagjumping (game mechanics wise).

No bagjumping is not against the rules of the game but the players of EL have made up what may be called there own set of world laws where bagjumping is frowned upon and is breaking one of them unwritten laws,wether them laws are right or wrong is another matter.

Example 1: Me and ttlanhil are doing a project together. We are making sulphur. ttlanhil is mixing and I am running him flowers. When i step on his bag to drop flowers and pick up fire essences to bring to the storage am I bagjumping?

Example 2: Same as above, with the addition of a friend coming in to help out. He brings food and takes some flowers to start another bag. Is that bagjumping?

for the purpose of this post yes the above would be classed as bagjumping. surely the trade action was implamented for the passing of items between characters ?

No bagjumping is not against the rules of the game but the players of EL have made up what may be called there own set of world laws where bagjumping is frowned upon and is breaking one of them unwritten laws,wether them laws are right or wrong is another matter.

How do you think the game, not the players will be able to make that distinction?

for the purpose of this post yes the above would be classed as bagjumping. surely the trade action was implamented for the passing of items between characters ?

For a guy who "yeah been playin EL for over a year" you show a surprising lack of game knowledge.

When making things in projects you do not trade in and out items usually, rather you se a common bag. And sharing in that sense will never be considered bagjumping. The question remains, how would the game engine be able to make the distinction?

Let me answer it for you: it can't

For a guy who "yeah been playin EL for over a year" you show a surprising lack of game knowledge.

Let me answer it for you: it can't

LMFAO so hurt full :blush:

and yes it would be possible . you would have a dropped bag / placed bag (which the player willing put down ) and a death bag (which is unintentionally dropped) the dropped bag would be unmarked and open to all to be picked up . the death bag would be marked wether by a number or name to the player and if picked up by a person whos number does not correspond to the bag then they are logged as doing a bad deed (breaking the law since its not rule breaking)

now if this is not programmable in a world where men walk on the moon then excuse my ignorance :)

and yes it would be possible . you would have a dropped bag / placed bag (which the player willing put down ) and a death bag (which is unintentionally dropped) the dropped bag would be unmarked and open to all to be picked up . the death bag would be marked wether by a number or name to the player and if picked up by a person whos number does not correspond to the bag then they are logged as doing a bad deed (breaking the law since its not rule breaking)

now if this is not programmable in a world where men walk on the moon then excuse my ignorance :blush:

Do you search much? If so, you would know what the position is on marked bags. Or even using bags, for that matter. Please read the suggestions forums rules located at the top of this page, you can find them by looking for the highlighted words in red.

Ignorance may be exucuse, arrogancy hardly.

Death bags issue was discussed hundrets time with ultimate NO from game developers to marking it as having owner or any other similar ideas.

Haven't been using this pic for ages, but it's quite on time now:

140780184.jpg

yes i do know the stand on marked /death bags

i was answering derins question on if it is possible (which is yes) not wether it should be implemented in game .

arrogant lol hardly im quite willing to take critisism and admit if im wrong just a shame not everyone is

i was answering derins question on if it is possible (which is yes) not wether it should be implemented in game .

To wrap up my comments here;

1. bagjumping is not illegal and is thus not considered a bad thing in this game. I know that some players do see it that way, but officially bags do not belong to anyone.

2. I know it is possible to mark bags, that was not the question at all. The question was if the taking of someone's bag would be cosidered a bad thing (unofficially of course), and the answer there is "it depends", thus the game cannot make the distinction between a "good" and "bad" taking of a bag ("good" being saving someones things to give the items to that person later, "bad" being taking someone's items for personal gain)

3. I understand that you do not see this, so I will comment it no further.

Now you have explained yourself clearly yes i do understand.Your first comment was about sharing bags which is in theory possible to work around.

2. I know it is possible to mark bags, that was not the question at all. The question was if the taking of someone's bag would be cosidered a bad thing (unofficially of course), and the answer there is "it depends", thus the game cannot make the distinction between a "good" and "bad" taking of a bag ("good" being saving someones things to give the items to that person later, "bad" being taking someone's items for personal gain)

3. I understand that you do not see this, so I will comment it no further.

Yes you are right and thankyou for explaining yourself