Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total war between guilds

So many polls lately  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use the enemy guild option?

• Sure
    • No
    • I am an idiot that isn't a figter but just wants to vote for the sake of it.

We do not believe in protecting people against themselves.

If that would cause guilds to split, well, so be it then. It's not my problem, it's their problem.

Ent I have to say, It is your Problem as you maybe Implementing this feature. Whats the point of Voting anyway if you already have your mind 90% made up on it? Guilds will get Divided, and Players will quit.

I voted No to this.

Simply said I vote no!

1) I pvp with others in allied guilds - to inconvenient if no GM is on

2) Our guild does have enemy guilds and I don't want to PK

3) Why change something that's not broken?

4) I see many peeps quiting EL over this me included!

1) dont set as ally unless ur going to war(use other colors to show ur alliance)

2) then dont mark them as enemy(use another foe color)

3) change in life is certain

4) cya

Most of these problems could be solved by adding a GM command.

#list_combat_playername

Allows character to participate in guild wars or ally guild wars

#list_non-combat_playername

Can not participate in guild wars or allie guild wars

All players not listed in either would be forced into the war untill the Gm lists them non-combat. No player could change lists untill 24hours after the last change.

The biggest problem i see with this is getting changed to non-combat while fighting, which would make the need for some code to make it come into affect after the current fight is over.

#list_combat_playername

All players not listed in either would be forced into the war untill the Gm lists them non-combat. No player could change lists untill 24hours after the last change.

The biggest problem i see with this is getting changed to non-combat while fighting, which would make the need for some code to make it come into affect after the current fight is over.

Hm.. 2 guilds, one with only one guy that is strong enough to kill everyone in 2nd guild, and 2nd guild which members easily kill everyone else from 1st guild.

Them two are at total war, but 1st guild only declares the strong guy pk-able... what can 2nd guild do then?

voted yes (good idea radu :) )

btw guyz dont freak out ..... nothing will change from old EL ,

its only 2 commands (#set_guild_allince & #set_guild_enemy ) it maybe 2 guild in the whole game will use that comman (and for a short time 4 there own sake) and then they will be back just enemys

they r mainly for events (like wars) not for ever (as no guild would do this for a long time )

so my voting was yes 2 be able 2 have that feature .... i may not use it .. but @ least i can if i want

#list_combat_playername

Hm.. 2 guilds, one with only one guy that is strong enough to kill everyone in 2nd guild, and 2nd guild which members easily kill everyone else from 1st guild.

Them two are at total war, but 1st guild only declares the strong guy pk-able... what can 2nd guild do then?

Then why 1st and 2st guild should want war? They want die or something? Nobody normall won't have war with a lots stronger guild. And if 2st guild know that's war will be unfair they will not want it too. And bellive me 20 players strong players can kill any1 who they want, just have to can fight.

Edited by brein

voted no

altho i do like the idea, THC will not be using it tho, we r a more peacefull guild, i do allow PKing but not many of my members do, so we will not be using the enemy comand, they allied one tho i love and would be using.

its pretty simple, if you don't want stuff to change for your guild and you are GM, then don't use the commands :)

#list_combat_playername

The second Guild figures out that they dont have a chance to have fun and ends the war.

Edited by flea

#list_combat_playername

Hm.. 2 guilds, one with only one guy that is strong enough to kill everyone in 2nd guild, and 2nd guild which members easily

kill everyone else from 1st guild.

Then why 1st guild should want war? They want die or something? Nobody normall won't have war with a lots stronger guild. And bellive me 20 players strong players can kill any1 they want just have to can fight.

Try reading what I said first :)

Those 2 guilds are even in strenght if all members participate:

1st guild: 1 strong guy (can kill everyone in 2nd guild) + weaker members

2nd guild: many strong guys but still that can kill anyone from 1st guild except that one guy (maybe on a multi map...)

@flea: wow great, why then make something that no one will use, even those that would want...

Edited by wexy

The second Guild figures out that they dont have a chance to have fun and ends the war.

I agree with you in 100%. Everything is for people, we just have to know how use it.

@flea: wow great, why then make something that no one will use, even those that would want...

You showed only one capability, remember, EL have a lots of guild, not just with 1 strong player each.

Edited by brein

Just changed my previous post to correct it now that I understand pvp and pk in nonPK maps would not give experience. Lag is still the problem no matter how you look at it. Adding extra combatants to any fight is a problem for the game because of lag. Even invasions have people killed by lag already and storages already have lag because people make stuff there because feasting potions are too heavy to haul around along with the massive number of ingredients you need to make higher level stuff. Reduce the weight of feasting potions and this would be a great idea no matter what. I hope this helps. :)

To everyone who thinks not implementing the new functions will make you immune to the effect please reconsider the current game engine limitations and remember that there are maps with harvestables that are close to storage and since storages are for holding stuff and you will massively lag trying to harvest there it will defeat the purpose that Entropy said they were designed for in the first place.

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

@wexy The PK oriented guilds would, the ones in the example though werent nearly equal;Why would guild 1 even accept or start the war anyways if they had only 1 guy stronger than any of Guild 2s guys?

So your point is?

Exploits do happen in isolated cases...

@flea: Because they are equal if all pariticipate. It's more likely for 2nd guild to find members of 1st guild and kill them then for that 1 guy to find members of 2nd guild.. If i were in place of 2nd guild, yes I would make war with 1st guild even if they have that one guy but I can kill others.

Edited by wexy

Reduce the weight of feasting potions and this would be a great idea no mater what.
LOL

Just changed my previous post to correct it now that I understand pvp and pk in nonPK maps would not give experience. Lag is still the problem no matter how you look at it. Adding extra combatants to any fight is a problem for the game because of lag. Even invasions have people killed by lag already and storages already have lag because people make stuff there because feasting potions are too heavy to haul around along with the massive number of ingredients you need to make higher level stuff. Reduce the weight of feasting potions and this would be a great idea no mater what. I hope this helps. :)

TirunCollimdus

And answer for this is my idea...or simpler buy better net.

Guys if you wanna big battles with guild who have wars do special maps where only guilds with oficial war can fight, today this is impossible becouse other people(out from guilds who have war) attacked fighters from both guilds and big battles are almost impossible...

So your point is?

@flea: Because they are equal if all pariticipate.

In isolated cases this cases this could happen, but what if the 1 strong guy has to do something in RL. He logs off, its a slaughter. Guilds shouldnt have to rely on their "heros" to fight.

if guilds r at war, people can just ask for a kick of there GM to walk save somewhere, and then rejoin the guild, something need to be done about this too imo..

so i think there should be a pvp option within guilds, then u cant rejoin any guild after a #remove in 24 hour or so

So your point is?

In isolated cases this cases this could happen, but what if the 1 strong guy has to do something in RL. He logs off, its a slaughter. Guilds shouldnt have to rely on their "heros" to fight.

Omg.. please read what i write before reply, there wouldn't be a slaughter because he is the only one delcaread to participate in wars...

P.S. Maybe you lost track of what I'm talking about, this is about thee suggestion that one guy had to allow only certain ppl from guild to participate in wars.

Edited by wexy

How about limiting this total war to certain maps, for example, all multi-attack maps, or c2 only.

After it has been tested in practice, the total war could become global.

Edited by sithicus

And answer for this is my idea...or simpler buy better net.

Guys if you wanna big battles with guild who have wars do special maps where only guilds with oficial war can fight, today this is impossible becouse other people(out from guilds who have war) attacked fighters from both guilds and big battles are almost impossible...

That is a great idea brein yours about the new maps. I have good enough internet but it just so happens that everyone playing is already paying for the best internet they can afford and those with dial up because DSL is not available and sattelite and cable are too expensive simply do not have any options. Don't make people suffer because they live in certain areas or have certain incomes.

TirunCollimdus

So your point is?

Omg.. please read what i write before reply, there wouldn't be a slaughter because he is the only one delcaread to participate in wars...

P.S. Maybe you lost track of what I'm talking about, this is about thee suggestion that one guy had to allow only certain ppl from guild to participate in wars.

Srry, thought you were saying that everybody in the guild should be forced to fight the war, not just the fighters