Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total war between guilds

So many polls lately  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use the enemy guild option?

• Sure
    • No
    • I am an idiot that isn't a figter but just wants to vote for the sake of it.

This is a nice feature. Because total war requires consent of both guilds, this is a feature that can be used or not used, for those who don't want to find themselves in hell every few minutes it is simple: don't declare war and all will be as it was.

Of course, requiring consent of both guilds means that this will probably be used by 'friendly' guilds who just want to have some more action. If you hate their guts and want to kick their asses, it's more likely the other guild will wisely choose peace to avoid being attacked everywhere unless both guilds are equally strong.

Good or bad? I think it's good, and it also means you can pvp with your friends without some prick casting harm on you.

Edited by sithicus

Also, can we assume that BOTH guilds would have to set each other at enemy before there'd be a war? I assumed as much but saw someone talking about that above

If they also do the same with your guild...
:)

That would hypothetically still enable the "fight everywhere" possibility.

I would:

- Create 2 guilds.

- Make them enemy.

- Make them bot controlled

- Autojoin one, and get my PvP partner to join the other

= Train at resources/storages/safe places (We can attack but others can't)

no exp from fighting enemy then

Maybe make some "safe" area, like storages, ip...

I agree that storages should be safe areas....some have lag enough already without the additional drag of battles going on.

btw, good point made by xand. You should make it not give exp if not on a pk map.

I would:

- Create 2 guilds.

- Make them enemy.

Sadly, people will abuse this privialge.

Sounds interesting but it's totally opposite of current game design.. I don't see this fitting very well.

Also I see ppl pvping next to VOTD storage lol :)

There is also problem with guildless ppl..

And.. I don't really see why would a weaker guild engage it self in total war, there aren't much even guilds.. It can be abused easily, you see someone weak from enemy guild (if they declared war to you), you declare them as enemies to, kill the guy, and revert the war status.. Solution might be that war doesn't start right away and other guild needs to be informed that the war is declared.

As I said, this needs to be well thought off, I see it as an incremental change in the game, I don't know how well would that be, EL world is not so big..

Might be fun tho >:)

I would:

- Create 2 guilds.

- Make them enemy.

no exp from fighting enemy then

If this does go into affect, I think that this idea should be considered.

Great idea but just one concern:

If both guilds declare themselves as an enemy, then it is nearly impossible to safely do anything anywhere. Yes, you can leave the guild just to remake your he/sr but then you will still be attackable on all maps.

That would make pking very common and 'fun' to some peope but quite terrifiying for someone with low adpc who joined a guild who is at war with someone.

For example:

Newb A gets himself the 20+ skill requirement to join a guild and joins some guild. Once in the guild, s/he finds out that they have enemies. Some enemy finds newb A harvesting lilacs in ws/votd and decides to kill him. Without warning s/he is killed and drops the cloak/gc s/he had gathered and is quite upset.

The a/d doesn't have to be in the low 20-s but could be in low 80-s to mid 100-s. Still there is a possibility that a high level pker, from a 'enemy' guild finds you and kills you while you are just walking around/training/harvesting/etc.

It would make the game a lot more "fun" but only a few guilds would use it. A nice option tho, for guilds which have only pkers in it and declare war on a 'equal' strength guild.

I think that this idea is absurd. For some of those people that play the game and just want to enjoy it, this is changing the game to an evil setting where most people will suffer from the idea of dying by badly marked guilds. Yes i know if they arent marked that it is ok, but think about it. This is going too far with pk'ing and I think that by doing this, more people will leav guilds and possibly quit the game. I voted no to this outrageous idea.

Cyrus

i dont think u get the picture that only guilds that wanted this would participate. if ur guild doesnt want to participate then just set ur foes to another atk color besides listing them as enemy and u can still atk ur enemies in pk areas

Sounds interesting but it's totally opposite of current game design.. I don't see this fitting very well.

And.. I don't really see why would a weaker guild engage it self in total war, there aren't much even guilds.. It can be abused easily, you see someone weak from enemy guild (if they declared war to you), you declare them as enemies to, kill the guy, and revert the war status.. Solution might be that war doesn't start right away and other guild needs to be informed that the war is declared.

I think that even wexy sees my side of the story where if this does get implemeted, there needs to be more of a warning system and a time limit to where u can engage/disengage the war.

Yes, the no exp on non PK maps is a good idea, otherwise people would abuse it to just PVP their friends.

However, you will be able to attack anyone anywhere, no safe zones.

Nice idea, i voted YES, of course.

Its a very good thing that both guilds have 2 declare total war(not only one "stronger" side), so weaker/peacefull guilds always have an option not to use it :)

eMPi

I can see why many would jump at this chance, esp the pkers but I see several Issues with this:

1. As has previously mentioned potioners, alchemists etc would stand no chance at all of defending themselves and you would then get 100% aggressive guilds.

2. This may have a negetive impact on raising any other skills as as soon as an enemy sees you out of armour and with no weapon you are as good as dead.

3. I love the style of the game now and to allow enemy attacks on any map may reduce its enjoyment factor for many as everywhere you go there will be "bar room brawls"

I can however see how many of the top pk guilds will enjoy the freedom to kick a$$ with no restirctions and it may well make going for hydro ore and mercury safer for lower level players as pk maps may well not be as populated.

Personally I will not use this feature as I would like my guildies to be safe to harvest and raise skills without fear of attack.

I think that this idea is absurd. For some of those people that play the game and just want to enjoy it, this is changing the game to an evil setting where most people will suffer from the idea of dying by badly marked guilds. Yes i know if they arent marked that it is ok, but think about it. This is going too far with pk'ing and I think that by doing this, more people will leav guilds and possibly quit the game. I voted no to this outrageous idea.

Cyrus

i dont think u get the picture that only guilds that wanted this would participate. if ur guild doesnt want to participate then just set ur foes to another atk color besides listing them as enemy and u can still atk ur enemies in pk areas

I get this Quimbly, and if u read my post i said somewhat of what you did. Though the war idea might be somewhat confusing, the game might still turn into chaos with possibly hackers (hypothetically) changing guild colors of guilds around where the whole EL becomes a slaughter.

This could work; it requires complicity from a guild to be the victim in any situation so you cannot simply be picked upon.

Allied guilds not being able to train is a problem, and the kick-train-rejoin is a work-around rather than a solution.

In any combat, is the side which instigated the combat recorded? Because...

If a character is attacked, shouldn't their guild mates and members of allied guilds be able to join the fray on their side? Regardless of where the combat takes place (assuming multi-combat maps)?

Example:
Split your guild into two guilds - a military wing and civilian guild; mutually allies. Only the military wing would ever go to war, but being allied the civilians are free to join a fight to assist the armed forces.

I think yes on this one, but I'll hold off voting until I see more arguments.

Needed?: Where we have "PK Zones" defined in maps, perhaps "Sanctuary" zones as well, in which no combat (of any form) in allowed. Apply to temples, (some) storages, and IP.

Edited by trollson

i love it \o/

Same, voted Sure!

Bring this asap please :D:mace::wub:

Ludacris, Absolutely Ludacris. Think about new Players, all they will see is Pure fighting when they begin. Secondly they will only be able to probs get low a/d then they will join a guild. Then they find out the Guild is enemies with another guild and they will never get any higher a/d since they are always getting killed by someone.

Maybe if you created Guild Battle War Arenas where Two Guild can fight, That would be better but not everywhere on the whole game. :mace:

Edited by Cleo

@Ghrae:

Yes BOTH have to set eachother as enemy: "you can set a guild as an enemy guild.

If they also do the same with your guild, it will be "total war" between your two guilds, which means you will be able to attack them in any map, and so will they."

@Cleo:

A non-pk guild doesn't set enemy guild flags. Just because guilds are "red-tagged", doesn't mean the enemy flag should be set.

@multiple:

You can flag allied guilds as allied when doing events/contests together, so you can't mis-click or have summons attack your allies.

You can de-flag them as allied when you want to train.

Yes, the no exp on non PK maps is a good idea, otherwise people would abuse it to just PVP their friends.

However, you will be able to attack anyone anywhere, no safe zones.

No safe zones?!?!?!....I can see where this might become a problem veeeerrrrryyy easily.

I can see why many would jump at this chance, esp the pkers but I see several Issues with this:

1. As has previously mentioned potioners, alchemists etc would stand no chance at all of defending themselves and you would then get 100% aggressive guilds.

Then how about not fucking declare war to a guild you don't feel like fighting with everywhere in the game?

Ludacris, Absolutely Ludacris. Think about new Players, all they will see is Pure fighting when they begin. Secondly they will only be able to probs get low a/d then they will join a guild. Then they find out the Guild is enemies with another guild and they will never get any higher a/d since they are always getting killed by someone.

errm couldnt they just quit the guild and live happily ever after?

Would underworld be safe place?
beat me to it :mace:

was about to ask for these people to go to a different underworld, since that's where a lot of fighting may end up happening, and hence clog up the path for anyone else trying to get out