Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

Titans

Have to say, I do really like the ideas that are coming up more often - especially recently (from what I've seen at least :-) ).
The fact that we do have the gods available ingame is a great thing! They used to be... hilariously disruptive is one way of putting it I guess ;-p

Yes I do know that it would require some time & work to implement some of the ideas that are coming up, but I do believe the ideas (most of them at least...) have a great deal of merit
And those ideas are well worth more examination - with specific regards towards future implementation.

As has been discussed already (ok, discussed a lot & shouted about just as much....) Aquila has been trying to develop the 1or2 person invasion style event in AA fort as well as working on ideas for more dailies for the other skills.

I know! There are skills other than A/D!! I, too, was most shocked when I found this out :blink:

:rolleyes:

With all the ideas / plans / proposals etc being discussed at the moment, I find it both exciting & encouraging. Not just for what I would personally enjoy (all of it!! \o/ ) but for the game as a whole! So many players would benefit from the extra fun / activities etc and this can only be great for the game - both it's continued life & the extra possibilities for more new players it would provide. Which in turn is again great for the game as a whole.

Look at the example just above ^^^^^

2 competing gods using representatives / minions / avatars / whatever term you prefer...
Not an idea / scenario that is in any way unfamiliar to anyone who plays this style of game - look at the books we all read! Added to the comfortable familiarity of the whole set-up is the fact that to add in 1 or more extra variables by way of these 'representatives of the gods of el' to the way invasions / events play out changes both the way these things will go AND the way that they could be their own stories in one, or part of a longer-running role-playing 'saga' of a story.
Tell me you wouldn't love a continuing story running through the game! I dare you!

Not only this example would work though!!

Seriously - what about using the other gods too? Ok I admit, the Aluwen/Mortos thing would be more popular AS VOCALISED IN CHANNELS maybe, but I believe other stories - which may well run with slightly less frequent or slightly longer-running 'episodes' - involving the other gods would be just as popular if not more widely participated in.
As an example of what 'could be' possible (and I will admit that while I love a good story I may well not be even average at the telling of them...) let's take Zarin, LaForge & Gillin.
The three gods of crafting, engineering & manufacturing. You can serve all 3 at once - they are not enemies. However, they always tease each other & bicker amongst themselves about which god has the most talented worshipers, or which god serves the greatest purpose with regards to the creation of things.

Obviously a war between 3 gods would tear the world apart and besides they are not natural fighters, but a competition... that's very appealing to them!

A challenge is issued between the three that must be carried out by their followers - it is agreed that the followers of each god will produce 'XXXX' amount of 'XXXX' within a certain time limit (that limit could well be 1 EL month / 1 RL week to allow all players of all time-zones & varying work commitments to be involved a decent amount).

The winning god will be the one whose followers complete their objective(s) first. These followers will win the right to continue to receive all the exp bonuses & blessings - but at a rate of DOUBLE (ie if the followers of LaForge win, they get worship lvl 7 at 40% extra instead of the usual 20% etc) - for 1 EL month (1 RL week) while the other 2 gods, the gods that lose this competition, will pay the penalty - again, through their followers - by restricting their bonuses to half their usual amount (so if Gillin's followers were to lose then their worship lvl 7 normally 20% becomes 10%, lvl 3 normally 4% becomes 2% etc) for the same 1 EL month (1 RL week) and so on.

If the time limit for the competition expires with no god's followers having been successful, they must all admit they are not as good as they thought they were & their followers must try harder so ALL followers of ALL participating gods must accept no blessings & have all of their exp bonuses cut in half for 1 EL month (1 RL week) so they may learn to value the gifts they receive from their gods & work harder to prove their devotion. No-one dies, the followers of all the gods get their own tailored competitions / events & more focus is drawn away from the stabby-time-loving-people (yes, even me ;-p ) and more focus is put on the all-rounders or the mixers etc...

Highlighting them & getting them more involved in wide-ranging community driven events like there used to be... *plays nostalgic background music*

These 'competition style' events could be held periodically - maybe once every 3 EL months (1 EL month to complete, 1 EL month to enjoy/moan about the wins/losses & 1 EL month off) - or whatever frequency people may prefer.

Ok, it's only an initial idea & yes, there will be people who say things about "fair" or "tangible rewards not just more / less exp" or whatever else those that thrive on negativity for the sake of negativity may come up with at this point but come on - it's a start at least... Isn't it?...

And there are other gods too - more gods, more stories possible, more fun to be had \o/ \o/

Ok, that's one of my ideas so.... let the trolling commence.... :omg:

Play nice & be groovy :hug::hug:

:medieval:

Edited by FairyTail