Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Buyable nexuses

Do we like the idea?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Do we like the idea?

• OMG this r0x!
    • Sux :(

Problem I see with this is that you wanted us to get hydrogenium as a team effort. You put it in a pk map, so we would have less ability to get it without a team. Now with this, not only will we still need to be a team to get it, but only one gets the profit of this. At least with GWIS everyone gets something for the donation.

You can payy for protection... And hydrogenium have be so hard to harvest becouse it have to be expensive.

Edited by brein

For players with say OA>100 hydro bars come easily...however for the majority of players hydro bars are very expensive and as noted in your post...difficult to acquire. Lower level players will use PPs for nexus/perks rather than waiting to acquire 50 bars, I would think

This change seems to benefit only high level players.

Edited by marack

Snip

/edit btw, what about people who already spent a lot of nexus? I didn't myself, but some people have full nexuses they want ever, can they buy these pp back somehow?

I voted no specifically for the above reason. I already have 31 pp in nexus so this would not help me in the slightest. I can see how this would be desirable for a high oa lvl fighter, but for me as a semi-high lvl all-arounder it is useless.

EDIT: Typos

Edited by CelticLady

this is just my opinion, ...but,....pp's are a result of experience. if you are able to purchase pp's for a nexus, isn't that defeating the purpose of experience points? i understand, that it is very hard to gain lvls after a certian lvl,...but hey,.....thats what you get for being so good :rolleyes:

I like the idea but I see one possible drawback. Whilst you say that hydro bars and ores wont be purchased thru the shop, the s2e themselves still can, which basically takes out half the difficulty in obtaining the end product of a hydro bar.

If I might suggest removing s2e from the shop, to ensure this possible problem is avoided?

???????

Problem I see with this is that you wanted us to get hydrogenium as a team effort. You put it in a pk map, so we would have less ability to get it without a team. Now with this, not only will we still need to be a team to get it, but only one gets the profit of this. At least with GWIS everyone gets something for the donation.

You can payy for protection... And hydrogenium have be so hard to harvest becouse it have to be expensive.

Paying for protection is not the point of this. What my point is, is that only 1 person gets what the team works for. Its great if you are on the receiving end, but not so great if you do all this work and get nothing for it.

how about our pp's tht we wasted already with these nexus will we get them bak?

Yeah, I can do a #reset for you if you want.

yes.....it's just 200mln xp i'll get it back in few day

voted now i trained hard for my pp and now we can buy it

ohh btw when buyanlr pps?

IMO: great idea :ph34r: i have also thought about pp's and buying them... i think what i PERSONALLY would do (and this is why its your game not mine :mace: ) is the higher the level maybe.. like.. say once you get to level 100 say 2 pp's per level instead of 1.. those top levellers arent levelling very fast would seem fair enough (and I'm a reset freak so I wouldnt probably make it that far but... ) And it could save the whole ANTI pay for level attitude some are giving this idea :P but .. again.. just my opinion :rolleyes:

Paying for protection is not the point of this. What my point is, is that only 1 person gets what the team works for. Its great if you are on the receiving end, but not so great if you do all this work and get nothing for it.

Is there aynone forcing you to be part of a team?

Ent, is not really fair to those such as CL that have spent their 31 pp on nex, now the conditions change and so they have to do a reset? Maybe pp that people spent on nexuses should be returned, they can spend in the same place if they wish

For players with say OA>100 hydro bars come easily...however for the majority of players hydro bars are very expensive and as noted in your post...difficult to acquire. Lower level players will use PPs for nexus/perks rather than waiting to acquire 50 bars, I would think

Did you even read his post?

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Ent, is not really fair to those such as CL that have spent their 31 pp on nex, now the conditions change and so they have to do a reset? Maybe pp that people spent on nexuses should be returned, they can spend in the same place if they wish

This is easy to solve.

I can implement a flag in the game that won't allow some players to buy them.

Then I flag those players that complain, so they won't have anything to lose (ie. it will be just like before for them) :rolleyes:

This once again gives the PKers and people with real money a massive advantage over everyone else. Money means hdyro bars means nexus. The people who scam and steal money as well as those who can afford to buy things from the shop with real money are going to be able to get the bars and the nexuses far faster than anyone else.

That being said I think it is a great that you are allowing us this opportunity because I for one will be putting in the work required to buy my nexuses since I cannot afford them with either real money or game money. This will greatly enhance all game activity in my opinion and will increase the communities interaction by increasing its action in general.

Thanks for all of the new updates including this one but isn't it going to make getting the GWIS and recycling center built that much harder to do with the premium on hydrogenium bars? Big thumbs up from me Entropy thanks again.

TirunCollimdus BTW ever reply to my guild map questions?

Guest JannaLongbow

I think buyable nexus's (Nexii?!?) would take away from the whole market conscept of the game. As it is the fighters are buying equipment from the manufacturers to continue doing their job. If all players can then easily gain the nexus to become crafters and manufacturers themselves, then the lower level characters lose a large portion of their demand. Why buy a sword from a manufacturer when I can just buy my nexus and eventually build my own. If these players wanna try a new 'job' why not just make the commitment and reset? Just my thoughts.

Let's say someone has 20 pp's in nexuses, and made many items, armors,potions,rings.. or what ever, then they started to work on their a/d to try the PK scene. They want more p/c to become stronger, so if people get their pp's from their nexuses back they can become strong as a 'normal' fighter and had their advantage with the nexuses without having to do a reset.

Can you add a: I'm not botherd, both sound good. Vote please :rolleyes: This has good point and bad points, but this mainly helps fighters who want to be all rounders, and save them self gc.

This once again gives the PKers and people with real money a massive advantage over everyone else. Money means hdyro bars means nexus. The people who scam and steal money as well as those who can afford to buy things from the shop with real money are going to be able to get the bars and the nexuses far faster than anyone else.

Care to elaborate on that?

I did actually...EL was developed without classes in mind...however, in reality, classes have evolved in the game... i stand by my comments...

Let's say someone has 20 pp's in nexuses, and made many items, armors,potions,rings.. or what ever, then they started to work on their a/d to try the PK scene. They want more p/c to become stronger, so if people get their pp's from their nexuses back they can become strong as a 'normal' fighter and had their advantage with the nexuses without having to do a reset.

Exactly. They were able to use those nexuses to train other skills, and make items and so on. Would be unfair to give them back to them without a reset.

Besides, no one has all the nexuses they want to have, and no one will in practice be able to buy more than, say, 10 nexuses. (about 5M gold coins).

I did actually...EL was developed without classes in mind...however, in reality, classes have evolved in the game... i stand by my comments...

1. I replied because you were stating the obivious. Its like me replying to this post by saying it seems like this post is about buying nexuses.

2. Where did that classes comment come from? You were talking about lvls not classes...

Offtopic: woot 200th post.

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Two concerns:

• Part of the economy of el is based on (lack of) nexus and it seems hard to be able to predict the consequences.
  • I think the concern of people oa120+ is not really with nexus. Maybe now that summoning has become a valuable skill there is a lot motivation to get pp's for nexus fast but that is a temporary state. So it is questionable if this will be used by the people that you want to enjoy it.

Hard to make a choice here - so making up my mind a bit more.

i don't like this , i think it will just give a bigger advantage to high level fighters and irl rich people