Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crus

Making this game better - suggestions and reality.

Greetings to everyone..

Although i do not think, what i will say nobody else said before on this forum, but somehow according to changes being made in this game, i think that topics got deleted, missread and bottom line - forgotten.

Have in mind also that as a high lvl fighter, all that i say will be written from a fighters perspective, my lvls in other skills are very low around 20-30 so i don't think i'm capable of giving tips and suggestions for other skills.

Also this post is far far far from bitching, i'm writing it because i want that the game I play so much time be even better, and to be honest these past few days i'm playing it only because of 2 things:

1. hoping for a KF event

2. chat with fellow guilders and other peeps i really like in EL.

Which is not bad, but if this is a game, we actually need some other reasons to play it..

What I really hope is that other highlvl fighters will read this post and update it according to their thinking, people like Sabaka, Tornado, Aquarden, Forve, TeacH and others.. Also don't get me wrong, but i think that lvl 20 fighters will perhaps understand me badly with suggestions but i swear if they ever reach lik lvl 50-60 they will SOOO understand all i wrote here and why i did that...

Topic-1: Items

Now, I agree this is all nice, but i would like explanation from Entropy and/or Roja about point in having Fur Hat, and as i hear soon Fur boots?...

I mean, there are many people (RejZ_MadzunaR for example) who simply throw away pants, boots cuz their lvl manufacture, and everyone can have them i usualy drop those items when i pass some crowded place. So if we allready have Leather Boots why do we need Fur boots? I remember when Entropy implemented the monster items drop thing, i was happy beyond imagination, it took me around 2 weeks @ gargoyls to collect money for Titanium Serpent Sword, and when i bough it i was like, now this past 2 weeks were worth it. Then training like mad to see what items are being dropped by fem orcs, so when i discovered they drop shitty items, i was like "how cleaver, nice reason to lvl up on them fast and move to male orcs" and so i trained, trained like mad, got 2 bears, sure it was fun to kill bears without trouble, but err.. point in it? Ok then Trolls, sure nice item drops, 6k plat in storage, but why do i need those plats in storage? To buy 3 tit serpent swords, for what?

My point is following, Entropy and Roja you simply must give people high lvl people no matter what skill they lvl up, a reason to lvl it up more and more, there is now no monster in game I can't kill, but not only that, now there is nothing else in game that's worht lvling up for...

This game needs kinda Unique items, not only one of them, but monsters can drop it but with SUCH a low % that u would need 2 kill like 200 cyclops to get one, and there is no player now who can kill 200 cyclops with ease, or make it even harder kill 300 cyclops or whatever. Example: fullface helm which gives like +3 armor, that's only 1 more then the regular helm.. But it will be very high lvl item, the price of the item on market would be enormeus, so people will who can't kill the cyclops will lvl up gather tons of money to perhaps win the item on bidding when someone will sell it..

You can apply this method to almost every item in the game, make steel leather boots, give them +2 defense, make them SOOO hard to get, example: You need 2 do quest, and quest it like to bring 100 cyclop bones, and only those who solved the quest can buy the boots, and make boots have requirements like lvl 40 defense or perhaps a little higher/lower, create new texutres for existing items, just put few engravings into Titanium Chain Armor, make it like Divine Titanium Chain armor, it can be bought only if u do some mentaly hard quests for aluwen, and only those who follow aluwen and have her highes rank can wear it, not all people, make the same for Mortos, make some crazy ass sword, or cloak which gives mortos followers 25% higher chance to make critical hit, just make items that will make differences between people, because you must agree that if i make a lvl 2 player i can give him best EQ which he can wear, all but cloak which is like, not such a big dinstinction..

Questions:

1. In which world, ruled by logic and common sense, one is disabled to wear shield over gloves, or sword with gloves?

2. So make wear inventory havem ore places but only 1 place for armor, 1 place for weapon, 1 place for gloves, 1 place for shield, 1 place for pants etc, make 2 small places to wear rings not use, but wear ring of let's say magic which gives u +1 to magic protection or +1 to armor/absorb, and make that many items have certain lvl requirements...

3. Who is stopping me to wear 2 swords @ the same time? Make sword in righ hand to do full dmg, and sword in left hand to do 50% less damage.. there u go...

Just do something about it, it's not easy i know, but um, in last few updates we got GREAT maps, on which barely anyone can ever be seen...

Topic2 - Combat

Entropy: All you basicly have to do to improve this game is to summon meetings of high lvl players, first talk to alchemist, then to maanufactures, then fighters, summon us all to some place and let us discuss how we can improove this game. Don't do something that you think is the best if u don't ask people who can advise you before. You may think i'm wrong, but hear this out, the new combat system, it simply does not work, sure no more AFK players, but playervs.player simply does not work, and the best thing is u saw it yourself when u made CaptureTheFort event 2 nights ago, All of CO was in fortGarisn, only Forve and myself wen't to attack other forts, Ent man, ONLY 2 of us and we RAN OVER everyone else, if i would collect ALL dmg i recived, it would not be more then 30hp, and almost all of GON players had TitaniumSerpents swords, even though i think their only hope was the new combat system, which simply does not work, or so it turned out to be.. You were there, you saw it happen, nobodyu stood a chanche against only 2 CO players and there was over 10-15 GONs in fort Baarg.. I don't complain i earned alot of items/money that night, but u get my point, there is no point, what can i do with that money? nothing....

Sure i've heard rumors about strong offensive spells coming, and posibility that 2-3 players attack 1 player, but since this game is getting rats and beavers together with fur boots implemented, i'm not sure if this is gonna happen @ all, and if it does will it work the way it should.

Topic3-storage

Will be short here cuz idon't really use them that much, but my quick suggestion

VOTD - enable: potions, alchemy

portland - enable manufacture, potions

DesertPines - enable manufacture, summoning, alchemy

Topic4 - Esperience

Dunno what 2 say on this one, with new combat system it's hard for us to train, so u might reconsider other ways to deal with XP gaining, have in mind that from lvl 68 to 69 you have 1.4 mil or 1.7 i forgot :D i think it's 1.4 mil XP journey...

So far this.

I could write more, but i'm not sure does it have a point or not..

I urge that other highlvl players add their comments and thinkings on this topic.

And my apologies if many of what i've allready said was written by someone else, but i just don't have time 2 read all topics/posts..

Well i like this game so much thats why have i nice skills. But I COMPLETELY AGREE with crus. That is the reality now, and very need that changes.

P.S: gratz crus for this looooooooooong post :D :lol:

I agree with crus too,i must admit.

It would be nice to change combat system to 5% hit chance, but only when fighting monsters ! I especially like part for storages...When someone summoning its very "laggy", but its ok to potion,alc.

I am not high lvl player so i know i am not that important, but I just wanted to say that crus said really nice things to do...

Nice job Crus :D

great post m8 i totally agree with the stuff you write ill think about it all again and maybe add something :D

I agree with crus!

and more

Why monsters give lower exp for attack, then for defense?

Why stopped exp after 10 hit?

and more

magic

In this game the magic is so hard. There are more spells, but we cant use while fighting (only one).

Suggestion: my inventory are essences, i can with hotkey change the spells. It will fast and useful.

I love EL, but it can be diverser.

monsters give so much more def exp than attack exp because all of the monsters have for some reason been given high attack and low defence. they really need to be varied.

oh, and i agree entirely about the magic being too hard to use whilst in combat. perhaps even just a quick button for different spells or something could work, unless people like the current system of having to look up the website every time they want to cast a different spell.

Oh, and cruz - it has all been posted before (mostly) but its a good summary

crus i sooo agree,as everyone knows ive been bored as heel the last few weeks so ive been holding events :?

seriously we need more diversity (and the economy needs a good kicking)

Furboots: the fur items will play a part when we have cold maps. You will have to wear a fur item to not loose health. It's still to be determined how much health, etc...

Beavers/Rats: Well, low level players were complaining about not having enough things to kill, so we gave it to them. So stop complaining. Those beavers and rats should be a sign for you to know that we actually are working at completing this game, filling in the gaps, and trying to balance somethings out. Higher level monsters, and rare items are also to come. Have patience, this is only beta, and this was mentioned a ton of times before.

Long? Not really.

Anyways WONDERFUL ideas. Like the saying goes (in essence to this game), all it takes to be an extraordinary game is that little extra.

EDIT: Yeah Roja I have said that countless times too. More often in General chat when topics get into suggestions from there......I am not a mod so it woul not matter.

It's about economy all over...

Make the economy flow (making gold meaningful, a way to remove excess items from the game, by selling or whatever), and items will have a meaning again...

If items gains a meaning again, then killing monsters for items and treasures becomes more interesting again...and manufacturing will become a means of creating items for use...

Topic3-storage

Will be short here cuz idon't really use them that much, but my quick suggestion

VOTD - enable: potions, alchemy

portland - enable manufacture, potions

DesertPines - enable manufacture, summoning, alchemy

You would understand why it was there whenever there is like 20 - 40 people standing around the storage guy making crap and you get like 1 - 10 fps, (I dont get this low of FPS, but I have played at a friends house, and it was horrible, that is the reason he does it like this, so people wont gather in such a packed spot and cause the server to lag and cause some people's FPS to go to hell)

Furboots: the fur items will play a part when we have cold maps. You will have to wear a fur item to not loose health. It's still to be determined how much health, etc...

Beavers/Rats: Well, low level players were complaining about not having enough things to kill, so we gave it to them. So stop complaining. Those beavers and rats should be a sign for you to know that we actually are working at completing this game, filling in the gaps, and trying to balance somethings out. Higher level monsters, and rare items are also to come. Have patience, this is only beta, and this was mentioned a ton of times before.

Nice idea for fur boots..

Second of all, i'm not complaining, well i am in a way, but in a positive way, i'm just suggesting what needs to be done.

And roja, people train on rabbits from lvl 2 to lvl 9, how much XP is that again?..

Got my point?

But anyway, i'm glad you are working on all the stuff i mentinoned, monsters and items...

Can't wait 2 see them.