Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Preparing for the server change

ahh, one thing, have the client downloads got the new address in them? in which case, people who have real problems with notepad can be told to just re-install again?

Hope new server will be w/o lags finally :P ..on this old one is hard to play really ping often at 800ms+

I lost 7rostogals in last 10 days by lags...i earned more gc than it cost but anyway it pissed me off.And problem isnt at me, i have 4mbit/s net and absolutely w/o lags on silkroad,rakion,cs etc..:P

Most of the lag is not due to the server, but probably due to some bad routers in between. So far, I never heard many complaints about unresonable lag. Where do you live anyway?

This isn't only a problem with Matess. I live in the US and have also had horrible lagging since the change in server, with wildly varying FPS, and many resyncs. I did not have such problems with the game before the changeover, FPS was pretty stable, no major lag. Nothing else on my machine has changed, either in hardware, software, or methods of usage. The change was so dramatic, i ran anti-virus between normal daily scans, checked for minors and CPU usage theft, defragged. No change.

I have also talked to others in game. Some have had no problems and others have noted the same issues as I have. Some ppl have been noting this on the help channels as well, iirc.

I hope this improves with the changeover...

Tigs

I find I have problems connecting to UK/European servers of any shade, so I cannot speak for anything related to EL's servers.

However, a change is as good as a holiday. Well done to all the behind the sceners for what I know is a pain in the ass process :P

Ciao from OZ

Spleenfeeder

This isn't only a problem with Matess. I live in the US and have also had horrible lagging since the change in server, with wildly varying FPS, and many resyncs. I did not have such problems with the game before the changeover, FPS was pretty stable, no major lag. Nothing else on my machine has changed, either in hardware, software, or methods of usage. The change was so dramatic, i ran anti-virus between normal daily scans, checked for minors and CPU usage theft, defragged. No change.

I have also talked to others in game. Some have had no problems and others have noted the same issues as I have. Some ppl have been noting this on the help channels as well, iirc.

I hope this improves with the changeover...

Tigs

Your connection to the server has no bearing on your FPS. You can be disconnected from the server and render the game just fine. I would look towards a local issue on your computer with regards to FPS variability.

The internet is not a perfect creation. It is in a sense a living thing and it changes over time and from moment to moment. At the same time, there can be chronic issues. For example, when I experience extreme lag and packet loss (lost data) with the EL server, the most common culprit is routers run by above.net and not the EL server.

The problem may not lie with your actual connection to your ISP. However, the problem also does not lie with the Eternal Lands server and its connection to the internet. 'The truth lies somewhere in between,' in the path the traffic takes between you and the server.

only 0.5mb/s and never lag(unless i'm downloading)

Thats really fast compared to my .3 mbps

I wanted to buy T1 at 1.5mbps, but it cost 300 (USD) a month

quit complaining, im on dial up and connect at 38.7 kbps...not much lag when i played. hope there are no unforseen problems with data loss when the servers are swapped this time >.<

i also only hope the game goes better on the new server. as for me the game constantly freezes for about 10-30 seconds and continues after that. looks funny while harvesting and you harv like 40 flowers at once. but monster training is nothing else but a suicide mission.

i lost like 30+ rostos due to this effect so far. nothing i have really to cry a river for because fighters life is risky life. but i prefer to die in real monsterfights not by frozen game with full mp.

for the curiousity i never managed to get this effect on testserver.

as for now i take break from el to check if the situation is better after the real server change. if this still happen after change i will join the list of retired players.

ahh, one thing, have the client downloads got the new address in them? in which case, people who have real problems with notepad can be told to just re-install again?

They will get it once we change the servers, not before.

Guest Oluparum

Forget and forgive it. I've connected before I should, sorry.

Well, in the new server we went back on time a few days. If everything goes as expected with the new server it will be updated to the scores of yestarday, right? The progress I make in this tests days will be lost?

Sorry my poor english, I hope you understood me.

Edited by Oluparum