Eternal Lands Official Forums

Ok i believe there should be a C2 beam where you can only beam to c2 if you are in c2 but you can beam to c1 if you are on c2 aswell so its like the numbers say if you are on c2 you can beam to c2 or c1 (2 diffrent beams) if your on c1 only beam to c1 (1 beam). I do not care for which map has the beam, my choice would be idaloran and i believe that this would prove to be use ful for c2

IMO instead of making c2 beam, #beam me should be finally removed or tweaked so only newbies can use it. I know its fast and cheap but it is not good for role playing part of the game. If you want to get somewhere fast you should use rings or TTPR.

Edited by Desertus

IMO instead of making c2 beam, #beam me should be finally removed or tweaked so only newbies can use it. I know its fast and cheap but it is not good for role playing part of the game. If you want to get somewhere fast you should use rings or TTPR.

Perhaps also allow #beam me if there are no walkable squares around you (ie telenecus has trapped you in a map bug.

Maps could have #beam me turned off by default, also explicit areas would need #beam me. ie in antimagic zones or no tptr zones, where players can become trapped.

Yes that wouldn't be great...

Really, the chance is higher that the total amount of beam points will be reduced than raised.

AFAIK, #beam me was a debugging command, and was never intended to be an easy mode of transportation. I think there was some talk of limiting it to certain levels, but if that happened, there shouldn't be a C2 beam at all--newbies shouldn't go there anyway.

how about also searching befor posting im sure this has been suggested a million friggen times

I apologize im too lazy to look plus there tons of pages to go thru

I will pay 25kgc (250 Sarma trips) for the ability to have infinite #c2 beam me up. I know its more or less a debugging command but at times there just isn't a mod that will get you out of sticky situations (they expect you to carry teleport ess, but thats something I preach about anyway) and to be honest I hate wasting their time.

I will pay 25kgc (250 Sarma trips) for the ability to have infinite #c2 beam me up. I know its more or less a debugging command but at times there just isn't a mod that will get you out of sticky situations (they expect you to carry teleport ess, but thats something I preach about anyway) and to be honest I hate wasting their time.

What about new perk? :lipssealed:

Irilion Beam: Cost 3pps, 10000gc

Moves #beam me up to Idaloran (Seedan Island). Doesn't work with Scotty Died.

I agree that there should be a seperate beam in Irilion; there is already a seperate underworld.

Having the same beam point for both continents makes the return trip somewhat redundant, since the beam is closer to the ports of Serdia than that infernal Gnomish contraption.

Likewise, Serdian rings would become more valuable on Irilion without the intercontinental beam (although I still favor my previous thread on teleport rings).

A related idea from a while ago is for characters to earn citizenship of a town or village, which then becomes their home town and beam point; both for 'beam me up' and when exiting the underworld. This would need to be extended to keep the continents beam-seperate.

Ok i believe there should be a C2 beam where you can only beam to c2 if you are in c2 but you can beam to c1 if you are on c2 aswell so its like the numbers say if you are on c2 you can beam to c2 or c1 (2 diffrent beams) if your on c1 only beam to c1 (1 beam). I do not care for which map has the beam, my choice would be idaloran and i believe that this would prove to be use ful for c2

WOW!!! What a wonderful idea!!!! I am so shocked that no one has thought of this before!!!!

how about also searching befor posting im sure this has been suggested a million friggen times

I apologize im too lazy to look plus there tons of pages to go thru

Well, actually it has been stated before: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=23006&hl=

While we are at rehashing old requests, can we have fishing, and horseback ridding, and archery, and 100 billion gc to start the game right off the bat so we can be lazy some more? :D

Ok, granted, the 100 billion gc was newly suggested, just wanted to make this more interesting.

I' d say keep the beam as it is... but make IP connect C1 and C2 by using a ship to WS and a ship to ida for example... to me that sounds way more logic... then Ip would be some sort of newbie island or gather point where you can meet... this would also solve the wraith @ c2 requests... it would make traveling to c2 faster tho... but nowadays everybody has the rings so no one uses the rocket ship anymore so whats the use?

any suggestions?

I use the ship when I'm too cheap to pay for rings :D

I think the idea of a port (Anitora) still makes sense. Kinda like arriving at Staten Island before immigrating to the U.S. Besides, I like how C2 is still kinda secret for newbies, and I don't think we should make it super easy for them to get there, lest they get pwnt by yetis.

As I recall, Irilion is not ment for newbie characters, which is why it is not trivial to get there. Adding a direct route from Isle Prima would undermine that completely.

I'd disagree about rings having replaced the Gnomeship. I've never bothered with a ring when its still much cheaper to fly. Its not like its a long walk at either end!

But talking of Port Anitora -- wouldn't that make a suitable location for an Irilion beam, and a second Wraith for that matter?

removing beam completely would undo the development time taken to implement the scotty is dead perk, asking for this is unreasonable, especially so close to the perk having been released imo

An easier option for quick travel by non newbites not possessing rings could be a new portal in c1 tp room, possibly one of the two spares i have seen off to the side of the room floating in apparent midair. The new portal could drop you on the way to the ship npc thats the current mode of transport to Irillion (NOTE TO MODS: if those portals are already in use and are in fact a GAME SECRET please remove this paragraph!)

Failing that if a new ship at whitestone docks was considered, the ship should have an npc at it that offers travel if you are of sufficiently high skill to be considered a non newbite. Since the tutorial npc has a way of determining those who are eligible for free heals, it should be a small matter to do the same determination check for those who are worthy of survival on c2.