Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

firefox extension for EL

okay first of all.. yeh im nub... install everything works fine but when i activate it i just have this big ass bar on the bottom of firefox

with code showing :S

okay first of all.. yeh im nub... install everything works fine...

that far that good...

but when i activate it

what do you mean 'you activate it'? you restart ff after install or what?

i just have this big ass bar on the bottom of firefox

with code showing :S

dunno what I'd make of this... how about a screenshot? or some more detail?

and btw: giving system specs and ff version (and other installed extensions and maybe even ff settings...) is always a very good idea when posting possible bugs...

yes i activate it, restart ff (v 2.0.0.16 tells me there arent any other updates)

system specs

IntelCore Duo (2.2Ghz)

2GB RAM

Geforce 8400GS

Vista Premium

will post screenie in a sec

#EDIT: here it is

th_Problem.jpg

clicky to enlarge

Edited by Scorpius

*amateur guess*

Have you tried disabling that theme?

If you mean the pretty glossy look, that really isn't a theme. It's window's Vista.

I have it on my laptop which is vista, and it works great.

I love the EL toolbar ^^

Thank you to the devs of it.

thats a strange thing... what other extensions do you have installed? and can you find out what kind of bar that is you're getting there? it seems like the hook for the chrome isn't working... we've had problems with other extensions before...

oh... and one more thing... please post all the text that appears on the bar...

Edit: klick here... if the image loads that already limits the field we're looking at...

I'm not that much into vista and atm I don't have a vista installation to test so this could be difficult to fix... everyone having an idea is welcome to help :closedeyes:

@kat: thanks :P it's always good to know people use and like the things your doing...

Edited by bregi

thats a strange thing... what other extensions do you have installed? and can you find out what kind of bar that is you're getting there? it seems like the hook for the chrome isn't working... we've had problems with other extensions before...

oh... and one more thing... please post all the text that appears on the bar...

Edit: klick here... if the image loads that already limits the field we're looking at...

I'm not that much into vista and atm I don't have a vista installation to test so this could be difficult to fix... everyone having an idea is welcome to help :closedeyes:

@kat: thanks :P it's always good to know people use and like the things your doing...

The link works fine for me, the code:

<image src="http://simon-rommel.de/el/gametime.php" onmousover="getGametime()" onclick="goURL('htto://simon-rommel.de/el/gametime.php')" id="gametime" tool
--^

Only the standard extensions here: Google Toolbar, Packard Bell Settings, Skype Extension, Talkback.

deactivated all and only activated the el toolbar, still didnt work, and no its not the red theme i have, it didnt worked before either

and what you mean "find out what bar it is"? it is the bar straight under the status bar of Firefox where it tells that its loading a

website etc etc

If you mean the pretty glossy look, that really isn't a theme. It's window's Vista.

I have it on my laptop which is vista, and it works great.

I love the EL toolbar ^^

Thank you to the devs of it.

Nah, I meant his red theme thing. @Firefox normal (no themes) is just really... grey.

(I have Vista too btw :closedeyes: fun OS)

@Bregi: Thanks! I got this feature a few days ago, it's pretty neat (especially, for some reason, the calculator :P ), though I've encountered something quite odd.... Whenever you try to check a player's stats, it opens a new tab, but when you try a ranking it opens in a completely seperate window. Is this some sort of feature or a bug?

Edited by Aphistolas

I've put out an update to this today. now the toolbar should work with firefox 3.5.*

Important Notice: This Update cannot be applied via the automatic updates firefox provides. You will have to manually uninstall the extension. Then download this file and open it with firefox via File->Open... Press Install and restart firefox.

Changes in v0.1.1.0:

works with ff 3.5.* .

included guild YUGO again.

fixed a bug with the german localisation, which I think might have caused the error scorpius reported.

as always report errors and the like via pm. requests for features or guilds being linked via pm as well.