Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

firefox extension for EL

dunno why it would fail updating... alwys worked for me on any of my three testing comps... try uninstalling it compeltely and reinstalling... here you find the install...

you can't add your own guild pages to the list... but if you submit your guilds homepage URL I'll include it in the list...

Please include in guild page list link to ^@^ (PIGS) http://pigs.ovh.org/. This site is in polish language. Thank you in advance!

I'm currently very short on time, so development of the toolbar has slowed down very much... but once I'll get back to work I'll include this...

at the moment I'm not playing el anymore... and development of this toobar stopped as well... but feel free to write what little code is needed to update is yourself... or improve it... (btw. it'd be nice to keep me and ttlanhil, the initiatior of this thing in the contributors list...)

if I come back to el, this will be updated, but don't ask me when that will be...

It works on FF 3.0 with some minor tweaks:

I.)

a.) download the .xpi file (see previous posts)

b.) unzip it

c.) open file install.rdf

d.) on line 19 change:

<em:maxVersion>2.0.0.*</em:maxVersion>

to:

<em:maxVersion>3.0.0.*</em:maxVersion>

e.) zip it back

II.)

a.) Enter ‘about:config’ into address bar, hit go (confirm the warning :))

b.) Right click somewhere in the list of keys below. Select New->Boolean

c.) Enter ‘ extensions.checkUpdateSecurity ‘ as the name

d.) Select false as the value

e.) Drag&Drop the new .xpi file into FF

There you go :)

PS: after installation, you can enable the secure update thing ...

Edited by groomsh

ok, I'll do a quick update and make it compatible to v. 3.x.x as I will have to change the download location anyway... check back some time later today to find the update and the new download location...

ed: do not do the tweaks listed in the above posts... if you do, you'll have to reinstall the extension after the update in order to get the new update location...

ed2: ok, the update is ready...

go to tools->add-ons and right klick on the entry for the toolbar and search for updates... it should install version 0.0.3.1... if there's an error (which is likely for most win xp systems...) just delete the extension and get the new version here...

Edited by bregi

made an update... current version: 0.0.3.2

1. added guild ^@^ (PIGS) to the guilds list...

[you may still leave a post with your guilds url, your guilds name and tag and the language your guilds homepage is written in]

2. mainly for linux users: fixed a bug that would cause the extension to crash firefox on some specific linux environments...

Edited by bregi

I cant seem to get this to work. I can download it, but when i open the "install.rdf" file, (the one with the firefox symbol). It just goes to a blank Firefox page... Maybe I'm just doing this wrong

where do you get an install.rdf from?

you don't unzip the .xpi file... just open the .xpi file with firefox... and it will install the extension automatically...

Edited by bregi

I'll put out an update tomorrow... look out for that...

ed: the update is out... sorry for being late...

Edited by bregi

Updated!! New Version: 0.1.0.0

if you have the toolbar installed it should update automatically or prompt you whether you want to update...

here's the changelog...

most important change:

new function GameTime:

now the ingame time is shown on the toolbar... just hover over it to reload... btw: red background means a spaecial day is on...

also a click on the time will take you to a page with further info about the ingame time and possible special days...

please do report any bugs/errors/mistakes here on the forum...

also new ideas are always welcome...

and big thanks to ghrae and el-cel...

Edited by bregi

everything loading in a new window is cause of your settings in ff... only the ranks pages will always be in a new window (haven't found a way round that yet...)... all the other things should be in tabs (they are for me at least ;) )

to change that setting go to Tools-Options then at the top select Tabs... there it says 'New pages should be opened in:' there select 'a new tab' - that should make everything but the ranking pages open in new tabs instead of new windows...

I'm well aware of the setting and have it as my default. However, every page the toolbar opened was in an entirely new window.
that's strange... it's all new tabs for me... you are working on win or linux? that shouldn't make a difference, but if it does I could test...

I've been playing around a bit with the code the day before you posted the update for FF3, and this is a way to tackle the problem above:

Change

function goURL(url) {
window.content.open(url);
}

into

function goURL(url, event) {
window.openUILink(url, event);
}

and add , event to every call of goURL.

This way, clicking will open links in the current tab, ctrl+clicking in a new tab, and shift+clicking in a new window.

The same can be done for the lookUp function to make enter, ctrl+enter and shift+enter behave accordingly.

I haven't really looked into the ranking form thingy though, not sure if that can be solved easily.

(I guess you could have it load a page at your site that performs the form part?)

Nice addition, the game time button! :)

I'll have a look into that... but don't expect an update before end of next week... or even later...

but thanks for the suggestion... keep'em coming... :)

Thanks for the work, Bregi.

Game-time is awsome. :whistle:

Also the day number keeping a certain number is nice 'fix' too.

anyone made a firefox el skin? lol

or did i miss that in the post somewhere