Eternal Lands Official Forums

I was thinking about how there's the new swords that give more choices without having one that's clearly better than others, and then about armour...

what about if we had a new type of armour that gave good hot/cold/radiation, and maybe magic resistances, but was really poor for physical defence?

for an added bonus, if you wore all parts of it (helmet, torso, gloves, medallion, pants, boots, maybe cape too), you got more of a bonus... you could then have places even more dangerous than the path to the hydrogenium where a full hazmat suit is the only real option

could also make cinnebar/mercury handling require the gloves to avoid taking damage

perhaps this could be done with plant matter instead of ore... similar to rubber trees... could still require a sword or something to be able to harvest, to keep prices up, and you can still make it hard to get to the harvest spot

ed: oh yeah, and it should be resistant to acid rain days :)

Edited by ttlanhil

I would love to see more torso armour :)

Personally, a magic torso that increases regen by 3 (but gives no armour or elemental protection, only small defence) would be great :D

well, unless i missunderstand, theres already a topic kinda like this out there see here...

but i really like the basic idea of it.

i think it would be really cool to have armor like this, and would make PKing in KF alot easier (constand damage can get quite annoying)

it would also help the econamy, something that is still (to say the least) in need of some help.

not sure about the acid rain say thing though...

P.S. this is my first link, i hope it worked :confused:

Seeing as gypsum is used as a fire-retardant, perhaps it could be one of the ingredients for a fire protective suit.

great idea ttl, would be very cool to utilise some organic matter to create some sort of armour with a diferent focus.

What i would like to see, linking to my post (mentioned above by 1st Warrior) is an option to integrate diferent materials (fur, leather) during the manufacture procedure.

This could not be limited to plate, but to all armours and weopons and what ever changes would have their advantages and disadvantages.

Of course one option is to also make the ingredients for most items more 'flexible' choosing diferent proportions of ingredients to highlight certain attributes like durability, damage (edge fidelity of a weapon), armour (using hard wearing and less brittle metals, or including bone in the mix) etc. However you would keep the basic structure of the ingredients involved the same, with added variables.

This way, there is a considerable increase in available armours and items available, with none standing out above the rest as the 'best' but each having distinct advantages...

Sorry this has kind of taken over your thread ttl.

Back to more 'organic' armour used for magic and enviromental protection, maybe it could give the regen as Mags said, but also maybe a +1 or 2 for magic offence? Maybe to bring mages that little bit more into a class of their own. Its quite an interesting idea using organic matter...why do you ahve to use dead matter...why could it not continue growing, and when you put it on you 'meld' with it thus increasing your magic resistance and flow (increasing damage/hits). Of course if the armour gets damaged sufficiently it will die...

one thought is that your organic armour has health points which goes down as well as yours. Then a new spell could be 'Heal Armour'. Just a few thoughts. Oh, and T, my ip has been banned...so i wont be on today unless it gets resolved soonish. maybe have a chat with an admin in game if you can?

Edited by pennifuin