Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malathorn

...and pigs might fly.

I was hunting boars in Mynadar today and couldn't find any, then I noticed this shadow.

boar-shadow.jpg

It's definitely a boar's shadow, but there's no sign of the boar. I can only assume it's spawned up in the air somewhere and has no intention of coming back down.

Are you using Nvidia on WinXP?

No, I'm running Linux (but I am using a Nvidia card). I had considered the possibility of the boar being invisible, but the shadow didn't move from that spot, although it was animated. Surely if it was just a case of not being able to see the boar then the shadow would have been mobile, and if the shadow had come un-stuck then the boar would still be around somewhere?

There is still no sign of the boar today, but it's too dark at the moment to see if the shadow is still there. No one I have asked has seen a boar in that area recently either.

I'm using the 5* series but I don't really want to downgrade. I don't think this is a client problem though (at least not related to the NVidia issue) as other people have seen it too, one of whom uses an ATI card.

Also I can definitely see boars, as Tornado was summoning them near Moldor while I was posting this, so the fact that I have seen none near the spawn point since I first saw this shadow suggests they aren't there to be seen.

Finally, the distance the shadow moves over the course of a day suggests it is being cast by something quite high up in the air.

Well the boars have returned now after the server restart. Too dark now to tell if the shadow has gone but I expect it has.