Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mar(c)

Promote the use of guild channel

It sure is much easier just typing in "@" than typing "#GM", especially when the guild converses as much as ours :whistle:

I hope this suggestion becomes a reality. Thank you all for suggesting it.

:devlish:

Lyrendeile

I would like to see this proposal given due consideration.

It is a little restricting only having a 3 channel allowance when some like to use guild channel too, I also like the idea of the colour coding channels .....just my 2 cents worth to support the proposal

just close the market channel its not worth having open anyway :lipssealed:

theres 1 less to worry ab00t straight away .......

#gm rocks to , tbh I dont know why anyone uses @guild ? unless of course you are in a guild with 50k members and #gm would result in a constant flow of spam from people youve never met ?

Honestly, I'd rather not talk at all than type @@guild each time. Thanks no.

"@@guild " is a lot longer than "#gm ". That's where you could compromise a little and have "@@g" do it or something. Since after 2 @'s the only valid input is a channel, one could simply make it use the letter "g".

Naturally, you would need an entire window (similar to the buddy's list one) to handle setting colours for the different channels.
Why not use the context menu (right-click on the tabs, both the Tabbed chat ones and the Chat window ones) to change the channels' colors? :lipssealed:

Of course we can't leave out the users of Old behavior; would a way to show the tabs temporarily suffice?

Like making the upper-left corner of the client a "hot corner":

- mouse to the hot corner shows the tabs,

- mouse not over the tabs (or context menu) for two seconds hides them again.

Then you would need to add the code to save those changes somewhere (.cfg file along with window positions?).
It would be awesome already without the ability to save them, but sounds good!

There are more things that don't get saved yet either, like opaque background of individual windows (ctrl+d), and mini-map being shown.

Clarification question. IF (big if) we were to get those three channels plus guild channel, would we still have GM too? So, that's like having five channels then, but two are limited to guildies? Or would it be an either/or thing, either guild channel plus others, or GM and three channels?

lilcnoot