Eternal Lands Official Forums
RayGunner

About arenas

I would just add one thing - i got PKed many times by various people, and i must say it was funny.

People, PK is part of this game, it makes the game FUNNY!

Edited by Dejan

The arena in naralik catacombs also dont display warning message.

no don't say that, I used to be safe training there :P

most newbie-killers don't even take the time to look for PK Arenas, instead they just walk in circles between different Arenas, sad. :)

Well they were making rounds on c2 the other day :/ I just hope folks can keep quiet about the rest :P

And about Arenas being safest, thats not quite so true. I would have less chance being attacked by AC in Hulda than a Pker in c1 arenas :) yeah I done it before :P

All those who thinks its bad trying to train at the moment in an arena and you see a Big Bad PK'er come in and you try and diss and flee...

Wait until the new invisibility spell comes in. Training is about to get a whole lot more dangerous...

does every pk area carry the warning?

Nordcarn arena doesn't display a warning until you're inside already (a little late for some).

It seems that new characters find it hard to practice in a PK zone, where a high level PK'er can wander up and smeg them just for a laugh. Its not much fun, going to practice the combat and then dead before they know whats hit them; and the point is that all players should be able to have fun.

"Pick on someone your own size?"

Could there be some arenas where you can't initiate combat if your Attack was over some threshold? New characters could practice against peers without risking being stomped over.

Alternatively, a general rule that would have similar effect would be that you could only initiate combat against another character if their Defence was greater than your Attack.

This may also have the effect of slowing the rise in A/D at the top end; which already out-strip other skills.

Edited by trollson

erm, do you not realize how greatly the population of the game would suffer if pk was gone? Fighters would have nothing to do and it would literally be pointless to train and get lvls. Yes, there is the top lists, but still. That would be the only reason to lvl a/d...to show off ;) and that alone isn't enough.

Getting rid of pk arenas, would also be a bit of a mistake if you ask me...

People like to be able to watch fights and not get killed, so walking into a pk MAP would mean you're taking a much bigger risk.

If you want to be annoying and keep on walking in and out of the arena, then yes, expect to be dead the next time you walk in and don't complain when you don't get your items back. I am so sick of whiners. This is all that seems to be happening this year.

As for pvp. you can always go over to c2 and to a pk map there or those small arenas. I can guarantee hardly anyone is around there.

It is still a small risk, but nothing as big of the risk of the pk areas in C1

All those who thinks its bad trying to train at the moment in an arena and you see a Big Bad PK'er come in and you try and diss and flee...

Wait until the new invisibility spell comes in. Training is about to get a whole lot more dangerous...

I'd like to think that this could work in both directions. Post a very strong guildie outside the door. Wait for the kills during PVP goes in, guildie casts invis, heads in and waits for their opportunity. It actually gives the protection racket some viability. (Currently the protector would have to just sit there and be bored, more or less.)

I still think its funny when people who should not go in pk maps for training, because they should be on monster, go there, get killed and cry about it. Its dumb for people who dont have either: at least 50/50 of attack/defense, hability to cast restore and 90 of hp to go there.

I have seen noobs who train pvp in pk maps, with BP or mirror cape, with 50 of hp, who heal themselves with BR... It is absolutely ridiculous. They would get better exp on gargs or whatever.

Train pvp too early makes you gain low exp, you gain no drops and get the risk of getting killed by a pker. But some people, for whatever reason, think its pr0 to train pvp and go there when they are not ready yet. If, even so, they insist to do that, they should at least learn how to use dis+tele combo.

I am reposting this so we can get feedback in general. My fellow guildie was bruttally attacked while training with a guildie from CEL. They were both killed and good items were stolen from both. It was in an arena. When they asked they were simply told by DIE! guild that it's a PK map and it's all free for all. What do you think? Get rid of the open arenas? I say YES. :ph34r:

If you don't like just don't use 'em...you aren't forced into it or anything.

Kwitcherbitchin'

i think there should be a function like #train [playername] and when you do it it will grab 1k gold from your inventory and make you attack him for 30 min

and it doesnt let any other player attack you but he needs to #train [playername] at you and lose 1k for this to work...

I think a/d rank matching would be better....you must be within X ranks to fight eachother. A number of people say that the risk is part of the game though. Maybe it should be insurance you buy that will teleport you out before someone with too different of rank can take a swing at you. That way, there Is a cost to the XP that you could take instead of the risk of getting your butt handed to you.

I am reposting this so we can get feedback in general. My fellow guildie was bruttally attacked while training with a guildie from CEL. They were both killed and good items were stolen from both. It was in an arena. When they asked they were simply told by DIE! guild that it's a PK map and it's all free for all. What do you think? Get rid of the open arenas? I say YES. :D

Yes, you are right. These places are meant for people to train but right now, bullies with nothing better to do stand guard over the entrance, killing you the second you come in. Basically, I learnt to stay away from them for this reason. This should not be the case. An arena is a place in a normal map there for training PK, it is not a PK map as such.

If I compare such arena entry muggings with bagjumping, another chorus of naysayers may begin the low braying of disagreement, yet it is the same thing: a breach of common decency. Neither bagjumping nor arena mugging is illegal by the rules, yet both should warrant the same place in the hall of shame. What we need is not to ban arenas, we need to frown upon the players who disbehave at them. The problem may be that the people who benefit from this rude and unpleasant behaviour are the more powerful and vocal people so basically all that remains to be done against them is name & shame and let the reader decide what is right and wrong.

Yes, you are right. These places are meant for people to train but right now, bullies with nothing better to do stand guard over the entrance, killing you the second you come in. Basically, I learnt to stay away from them for this reason. This should not be the case. An arena is a place in a normal map there for training PK, it is not a PK map as such.

Actually you are absolutely wrong. These were NOT put here for safe training purposes, or any official training purposes. They are quite simply pk areas placed in a safe map. It is exactly a PK map as such, only difference being people can watch safely from the safe part of the map. No idea where any of you got the notion these areas are supposed to be for safe training.

How many time is this going to be brought up? PK arena's rock, but they are pk maps, you use far less sr's and he's training against ppl, and 1 dis ring gives you 5 seconds to leave the arena. What? someones going to jump your flee? bring a tele ring too, CTRL-1, CTRL-2 your gone before the 2nd person can get you,discuss it in pm with your partner before you flee if possible so they don't get caught too :icon13: 2nd option, find a safe out of the way place to train, the farther from storage the less likely to be pk'd I've found :D (not always true of course) and always remember don't train in what you can't afford to lose :)

Getting rid of pk arenas, would also be a bit of a mistake if you ask me...

indeed :)

Yes, it would be nice to have "safe training" (sticks and pillows!) that doesn't have risk, but then people would want it easier... and easier... until there's no point to it at all. there is a huge difference between the high and low levels, but it's like that in every skill.

fast leveling comes at a price, which i believe is the same theory behind cooldown: you pay for fast use stuff but the stuff that makes you wait the longest is free (feasting pots and veggies for example). compare the time it takes to bike somewhere to the cost of gasoline to drive there. you get there either way, one way slower but cheaper, one way faster but more expensive. there are two ways of leveling att/def in this game: by monsters or people. consider the consequences and accept it. fair? ;)

edit: was missing a 'there' :omg:

Edited by leahatwood

I waited a while to put in my two cents but I think you should an arena to every single map in the game. If you are going to let PKers use the arenas to get their victims instead of the PK maps then give their victims more of a fighting chance. The PKers will find it very hard to cover that many arenas and pvp training would still be dangerous but at least the training players would have better odds of not getting killed. I think that this is really important considering how soon a lot of players are getting talked into pvp training. Let's not lose new players because they are victimized by PKs when they have not been around long enough to get their legs under them or like guilds make a level restriction on the use of Arenas. Just my ideas.

Tirun