RedJake

New Rosto Usage

This is an idea on how to change Rosto's that might help the p/k

risk vs. reward improve so that it is worth trying to take out

top folks by weaker folks.

1. Only the top 2 slots in the 'Equip Window' cannot be dropped

when you are killed. (So you can save two items, say your

thermal serp and crown of life.)

2. All other equip slots have say a 15% drop rate.

3. All of the 36 carry slots have a 30% drop rate.

4. Each time you die, you have say a 25% chance of loosing the

rosto.

It may also be appropriate to slightly increase the rate of rosto

finds in the lands.

This allows the REALLY expensive stuff to be protected, but also for

rewards when a lower level player(s) take the risk of pking

higher level players.

What do you think?

RJ

this is a great idea imo. i would also have like 2-3 slots in inv that cannot be dropped so you can protect bone of death, or if you do not have thermal etc. equipped.

great idea :D

edit: but, i would suggest making this revision to current rosto, not a new one, and u should loose at lesat 75% of time or they will have a low value

Edited by Atlantis

1. Only the top 2 slots in the 'Equip Window' cannot be dropped
I'd prefer that all equipment slots remained the same, so that it's easier to convert to a rag-doll or other layout for equipment at a later stage.

on the other hand, if you want to use-with a rosto on items and the last two for that rosto are the protected ones, that'd work

So we don't need to harvest hydrogenium!!! Wow.

All players will safe titanium armors and EL will be full of manuers jobless....

Better to play another game

I think that the 25% chance of rosto diappearing is a bit low IHMO, 50% should be better, otherwise, there would be too many rostos in the game from my point of view, but the suggestion is good in general.

So we don't need to harvest hydrogenium!!! Wow.

All players will safe titanium armors and EL will be full of manuers jobless....

Better to play another game

All players would safe thermal serps/COLs/COMs/Bones. Since they arent manuable i cant see how it would affect manuers. :D

Edited by Lorck

I think that the 25% chance of rosto diappearing is a bit low IHMO, 50% should be better, otherwise, there would be too many rostos in the game from my point of view, but the suggestion is good in general.

I like the idea redjake but i also agree with thordinelement

lol @ blodoks, did you actually read it?

is good idea, means you can protect your most valuable items but pkers still get some drops :D

I like the idea to :P ,but if it dosent work out why dont you make it to whare it keeps just your 2 best items, or just 2 items of random choice.Also if u get high enouph in a certain skill iti''l allow you to hold just 1 more item.Personally i think the max would be 3.

Edited by halo_Master

I like the idea but i tihnk it should just be you save your first two equiped items and all other items has a 50% chance of dropping (like normal). So basicly you have to choose 2 items you want to save, which would be your COL and then one weapon, meaning you wouldnt get people taking all sorts of rare weapons, meaning more stratagy in choosing what weapon will help you the most, or they could risk it taking in more, but then they could lose it.

I like the idea but i tihnk it should just be you save your first two equiped items and all other items has a 50% chance of dropping (like normal). So basicly you have to choose 2 items you want to save, which would be your COL and then one weapon, meaning you wouldnt get people taking all sorts of rare weapons, meaning more stratagy in choosing what weapon will help you the most, or they could risk it taking in more, but then they could lose it.

I agree about just saving two items, i've always thought it a bit silly that people can carry around a big bag of weapons and switch between them constantly. I also agree with increasing the find rate and not always losing the stone since people will still be dropping items it wouldn't hurt if they became a bit cheaper.

Good idea :icon13:

I like the idea, but I think that rostogol should disappearh each time one dies.

Yup agree with that.

Awesome idea Jake!

Edited by sMooMs

The reason I suggested not loosing the rosto all the time is to compensate for its loss of power, effecitively making it cheaper. As far as exact rates, open discussion!

RJ

Since the rosto would now protect only limited number of things, how about ratio that when you die there is 60% of disappearance ,30% of dropping it and 10% of keeping it in inventory? Just an idea, do not stone me :icon13:

Edited by ThordinElement