Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kalach

I think too much on PK

As for my opinion on PKing. Its supposed to be fun and give you a kick to be able to beat others. But umm Kalach, PK isn't solved with BoD, Branch etc, imo this is what messed it up, OLD SCHOOL PKING ROX!

I actually couldn't agree more. Bod, Branch, and stuff has ruined pk in alot of ways.

I agree with you 80% LW, cause In some way it has made pking more fun to watch cause of the risks ppl take. also I want to make a reply to the first origianal post.

Why should lower lvled players be able to defeat stronger ones? the p/c is giving them way more of an advantage then it used to be... in the beginning we all had 15/15/15/15/15/15 and got that with some quests... back then pking was lvl based and a LOT more fun... no diss no col and so on... none of that crap just you your lvls and the other guy (+ equipment)... besides what is the use of a player lvling his a/d to become stronger if he can beat stronger players while being weak? if ppl with low lvls could kill scarr(wich some can) scarr won't like it either... that counts for every high lvled player and they will complain. and I agree with them 100% THEY WORKED THERE ASS OFF for those lvls(don't go flaming bout char buyers I don't give a damm atm its a general point) and what would you feel when someone with lower lvls can beat you with the lvls you worked so damm hard for?

PISSED I can tell ya that... and believe me it gets anouing after a while... same for p/c btw.

my opinion.

Hyperion proud member of the ACE guild and husband to ladyreni.

whenever you kill anyone they always have rost...

WEll, i see quite a lot of people pking(non-rosto) in tit chain/serp and bp cloak, if you kill someone in that gear not such a bad drop. :hug:

You'll see this less and less due to bone of death, whenever i PK it's with CoL, tit chain, serp, mirror or with junk i can replace in 5 mins. The other day i was standing in KF wearing iron chain and some other rubbish, someone attacked and hit me for 150 the first shot, i might've been slightly peeved to lose serp/mirror/ti chain that way.

As for my opinion on PKing. Its supposed to be fun and give you a kick to be able to beat others. But umm Kalach, PK isn't solved with BoD, Branch etc, imo this is what messed it up, OLD SCHOOL PKING ROX!

I actually couldn't agree more. Bod, Branch, and stuff has ruined pk in alot of ways.

Oh, and summoning was also kind ruined too nowadays. People got COLs (so got a lot of HP) and chims still do the same damage of before. I hope that with the introduction of the summoning only monster things start to get better for the summoners.

Edited by Lorck

Oh, and summoning was also kind ruined too nowadays. People got COLs (so got a lot of HP) and chims still do the same damage of before. I hope that with the introduction of the summoning only monster things start to get better for the summoners.

Very true indeed..I can even take 2 or 3 summoned chims with COL and thermal serp.

Yup, there's also one major problem with summoning: as players get stronger they still drop the same stuff (or nothing) but it takes more and more chims to kill them. Maybe if the new summons cost the same as chims but are stronger things will be better ... or if summons with ELEs get stronger with higher summoning levels.

Having said all that if PK were profitable then 1 or 2 chims supporting your fighters wouldn't be too costly... only trouble then is unless proper guild alliances are implemented none of your allies can help you.

Err yeah, some skills needs seriously tweaks like summoning and magic.

Itens get introduced to offer protection or make you gain more HP etc, and your chims and harms still do the same damage. And i dont even touched mag imunity issue, that spell alone make the roleplaying of offensive wizards impossible.

Before the introduction of invisibility spell i dont saw *any* benefit of having a magic level above 50.

if rosto's were removed then ppl would take the risk of going in pk to get that thermal serp someone is carrying or some other expensive item.

theoretically (sp?) maybe, but more likely that person with the thermal serp woudlnt have it (or themselves) in pk :angry:

Ok... this is off topic, but has already mentioned... and seeing there are so many high level PKers commenting, especially complaining about Rost. What about this:

What would happen if Rost had a small (5% maybe) chance of failing?

Would it be enough to scare the PKer's into not taking their thermal serps into PK, or would the small chance of a drop possibly stir up some interest in PK?

I'm not a PKer as you should all know (and I have n00b fighting stats), and so I'm asking the question of you guy's who know because it may be an interesting solution (or at least a start).

Guest ohmygod

im against this idea of rosts failing. Im poor as it is buying diss/tele rings HE rosts etc is expensive. maybe if the price of the items were lowered (twice the price of a rost ? ) it would not be a big deal. i buy rosts to protect my investment, if they fail what the Frack good is it? took me forever to get my first COL thats why i pay to protect it. If it gets damaged and Wankel Tankel breaks it thats another matter.

Ranting ATM..don't mess with rosts please.

But if there's no risk, there cannot be any gain, think about that.

I liked that idea that rost would protect 100% sure the items in equipment slots and only 75% sure in inventory slots, then you could have some drops even if you kill someone with rostogol on. You could protect the most expensive things you have unless you are carrying more than one thermal swords or whatever.

Edited by ThordinElement

But if there's no risk, there cannot be any gain, think about that.

I liked that idea that rost would protect 100% sure the items in equipment slots and only 75% sure in inventory slots, then you could have some drops even if you kill someone with rostogol on. You could protect the most expensive things you have unless you are carrying more than one thermal swords or whatever.

Sounds good :P

I have a feeling I'll get told off here, but could you go deeper into what those ways are?

(Replies to other posts forthcoming)

become stronger if he can beat stronger players while being weak? if ppl with low lvls could kill scarr(wich some can) scarr won't like it either... that counts for every high lvled player and they will complain. and I agree with them 100% THEY WORKED THERE ASS OFF for those lvls(don't go flaming bout char buyers I don't give a damm atm its a general point) and what would you feel when someone with lower lvls can beat you with the lvls you worked so damm hard for?

Let me flip this around.... Why as a player would I be interested in PK when unless I happened to get to super-uber-elite status, I know that whenever I go into PK I'm going to get my butt kicked?

It seems to me (and of course, I'm likely wrong) that if PK is that level based, then only the highest leveled players will only actually go into PK with serious intent, and the rest will be desperately trying to PVP in the hopes of getting up to that level so they can play too. I would have thought it would have made PK more interesting if there was a chance that this "up and coming" player could take you out and you have to keep on your toes. After all, if one player owns every time because they've been around long enough, where's the challenge? That sounds stagnant to me. (Stagnant=no activity/no change)

stop thinking ur not good at it

What exactly is your issue here, dude? I don't believe I've made any personal attacks on you. Why are you trying to turn this into a flame war? Is life that boring for you?

Edited by Kalach

..the issue is you keep making these stupid annoying threads?

ofcourse people who have been around longer should be able to win alot.. we put in alot of work.

"oh hi jacki chan i been doing kung fu 5 mins and i can own you" ye great suggestion.

zzzzzz this is boring now, we are covering the same ground over again. Id you want to learn things about the game go and play the game, its what we all did.

Edited by Zaer

..the issue is you keep making these stupid annoying threads?

What threads am I allowed to make, then? I didn't see anything in the rules that said "Don't make posts trying to bring together ideas that people have been discussing, and as questions about what they are discussing." I have no idea *why* you find this so annoying. Maybe I am daft, as vwpro suggests.

ofcourse people who have been around longer should be able to win alot.. we put in alot of work.

"oh hi jacki chan i been doing kung fu 5 mins and i can own you" ye great suggestion.

You misrepresent what I am saying. I'm not suggesting that someone has put in no work should be able to take down someone who has done a lot of work. I am suggesting that the way to break grid lock is to give people a reason to take risks. They have no reason to take risks if they know the outcome of every fight that is not on their level. They do not have a reason to take risks if they know that if they step out into PK with 90/90/90/90 there's going to be someone waiting with 100/100/100/100 who's going to automatically own them, even if that person worked hard to get their 100/100/100/100.

lal, when you make a kill you should get points depending on how big the a/d diff was. You can then use the points to buy items @ a shop somewhere, would mean at least you get some kind of reward for killing someone these days.

ye this is a good idea :D

im against this idea of rosts failing. Im poor as it is buying diss/tele rings HE rosts etc is expensive. maybe if the price of the items were lowered (twice the price of a rost ? ) it would not be a big deal. i buy rosts to protect my investment, if they fail what the Frack good is it? took me forever to get my first COL thats why i pay to protect it. If it gets damaged and Wankel Tankel breaks it thats another matter.

Ranting ATM..don't mess with rosts please.

lol i got the same.. can barely stay around 6k gc lal..

but without rosto we probably wouldn't even have this problem cuz of all the drops we might have gotten.

Just a short question to LadyWolf.

If you agree these items are messing up PK, why do you use them? I could use my CoL and magic serp right now on no drops day but Im not. Oh well, I dont care, I still owned you one on one with your fancy thermal and col. Teaming together with bods sure is easier then doing stuff yourself isnt it?

people use them because they think they have no choice, and they dont. If the person you fight uses COL u have to use one too if you want to win. i dont use it anymore though, i prefer old style PK to this shit

Just a short question to LadyWolf.

If you agree these items are messing up PK, why do you use them? I could use my CoL and magic serp right now on no drops day but Im not. Oh well, I dont care, I still owned you one on one with your fancy thermal and col. Teaming together with bods sure is easier then doing stuff yourself isnt it?

When your enemies use bone of death you don't have much choice but to use CoL.

EDIT: or just run away all the time, maybe this isn't a bad idea, if all my enemies ran away i'd get bored of BoD pretty quickly. The only trouble is spotting them coming before they hit you :D

Edited by Bharain