Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Update test part 3

www.eternal-lands.com/test_update_12062006.zip

Copy the EL directory in a new dir, and extract this zip there so that it will overwrite the existing files, not just created a directory /update. If a subdirectory /update is created, copy it's content in the el directory that you copied.

Changes:

The invisibility and true sight spell now have the right icons

Some map fixes

The new swords and armors have the final price (it's still subject to change/adjustments). If a new sword or armor is too cheap or too expensive, please post here.

Some other price adjustments.

The new swords and armors are manufacturable (the formulas will be posted closer to the update, to prevent people from stocking the ingredients).

Known bugs: Cantemir, the armor/weapons book sellers claims he sells ring books.

Please post any bugs in this thread.

Arius Magic School [20,173] Flickering wall

Arius [156,214] The hightmap is a bit high here

bug036kt.th.png

Is the top latter supposed do that?

Edited by Dunian

In Aeth Aeflan [35,370]:

the exit to Kusamura brings me to Kusamura [106,12] (marked as Willowvine Forest exit) instead of Kusamura [254,14] (the Aeth Aeflan exit)

The boat from Aeth Aeflan to Glacmor doesn't work; same for the boat from Glacmor to Aeth Aeflan

Edited by Theryndan

Entropy, I do not want you to think of me as an impolite, or ungratefull person, but i must remind you again of promised fix(es) for Idaloran's NPCs (Idaloran market-place).

At least fix the most important bug (one you have promised to fix, among few others): People cannot sell items to a NPC. This is very important, because I would like players (both guildmates and others) to be able to sell their stuff to NPC, and get money from it.

Other bugs can be fixed in some other updates if you do not have time...

Kind regards and thanks for your great work!

Edited by Dejan

The new swords and armors have the final price (it's still subject to change/adjustments). If a new sword or armor is too cheap or too expensive, please post here.

I would like to add my comments on this issue. First of all, I must say that I like the price of titanium armor. I'll never be able to afford one, but the current price makes it an elite item. Also, the iron set will still be widely used thanks to that. As for steel set, I think that the price gap between some steel and titanium items is too small, and steel might not be used in these cases. Here is my suggestion: steel greave : 30k, steel cuisses: 34k, steel plate 60k. Other option is to slighty increase the price of said titanium items.

The market price for these items will be set on ingredients costs, so I hope that there will be a price gap between steel and titanium once the knowledge gets to the people :P

This type of fence seems to be a harvestable... Can't see it on the pic, but when you move your cursor over it, it changes into a pickaxe. (Iron bar harvesting? :P)

I've encountered it in Zirankinbar and Aeth Aelfan so far. Haven't gotten any further because I died in a mysterious way when walking in Aeth Aelfan. (Some people told me it might've been someone using invisibility :ph34r:)

HarvestableFence.jpg

Some height problems in Zirankinbar? Or is it supposed to be like this? I can stand on water but I sink in the sand :/ (No quicksand or anything)

SinkinSand.jpg

StandonWater.jpg

PS: Photobucket shrinks all my images (sux)

In Aeth Aeflan [35,370]:

the exit to Kusamura brings me to Kusamura [106,12] (marked as Willowvine Forest exit) instead of Kusamura [254,14] (the Aeth Aeflan exit)

The boat from Aeth Aeflan to Glacmor doesn't work; same for the boat from Glacmor to Aeth Aeflan

Oh I knew I missed one hookup, it'll be fixed shortly.

About the prices: I agree with Kindar_Naar that the steel and ti prices are too close to each other. And I think it might be strange to see iron shield at 250gc, iron helm at 200gc, steel shield at 400gc, and steel helm at 18kgc? I for one find that a bit strange, this just seems out of place ...

How about lowering the steel armor prices by 50%, that would still make them about 5x more expansive than iron, and slightly making steel shields more expansive? Iron shields aren't used at all because they are too cheap compared with steel...

This type of fence seems to be a harvestable... Can't see it on the pic, but when you move your cursor over it, it changes into a pickaxe. (Iron bar harvesting? :hug:)

I've encountered it in Zirankinbar and Aeth Aelfan so far. Haven't gotten any further because I died in a mysterious way when walking in Aeth Aelfan. (Some people told me it might've been someone using invisibility :omg:)

HarvestableFence.jpg

Some height problems in Zirankinbar? Or is it supposed to be like this? I can stand on water but I sink in the sand :/ (No quicksand or anything)

SinkinSand.jpg

StandonWater.jpg

PS: Photobucket shrinks all my images (sux)

Make your images JPEG and it wont

Entropy, your update file on my computer doesnt appear as a link, is it supposed to be like that?

,Knight

Edited by The_Knight

Entropy, your update file on my computer doesnt appear as a link, is it supposed to be like that?
it's like that on everyone elses' too... but then, anyone who can't get the file anyway...

Entropy, I do not want you to think of me as an impolite, or ungratefull person, but i must remind you again of promised fix(es) for Idaloran's NPCs (Idaloran market-place).

At least fix the most important bug (one you have promised to fix, among few others): People cannot sell items to a NPC. This is very important, because I would like players (both guildmates and others) to be able to sell their stuff to NPC, and get money from it.

Like I was saying, this is not a BUG, it's a lacking feature. If I get enough requests (so far I only got a request from you) I will boost it's priority.

About the prices: I agree with Kindar_Naar that the steel and ti prices are too close to each other. And I think it might be strange to see iron shield at 250gc, iron helm at 200gc, steel shield at 400gc, and steel helm at 18kgc? I for one find that a bit strange, this just seems out of place ...

How about lowering the steel armor prices by 50%, that would still make them about 5x more expansive than iron, and slightly making steel shields more expansive? Iron shields aren't used at all because they are too cheap compared with steel...

The price is based on the price of the ingredients.

The steel stuff is an intermediary between iron and titanium, and the players will be able to make money by making/selling that armor. But maybe I will tweak the stats a little bit.

,Knight

*sigh* Copy and paste the link into your URL bar...... :angry:

Regarding the guild npc bots in Idaloran... Is there any way we can check the inventory of an item without having to put one (of each item) into the bot? we have no way of telling if there is 1 item or 1000.

Interesting note... it appears everything on the test server harvests at double speed. So normal harvestables are 2x, doubles are 4x and triples are 6x.

EDIT: Ok, it appears it might be that everyone has the effects of the perk as an Exc cape has no effect.

Edited by Torg

I'm not sure if these ones are bugs or wanted but:

1) In Aeth Aeflan [142,225] I enter the door to the fortress, when I exit from the door it says I go back to the fortress courtyard but I'm in fact out of the fortress; I find myself at [146,244] (should be [146,224] maybe?)

2) I've seen more animals now drop fur, is that supposed to happen with black panther too? atm it's dropping just meat and bones

EDIT: typo

Edited by Theryndan

2) I've seen more animals now drop fur, is that supposed to happen with black panther too? atm it's dropping just meat and bones

Afaik there is a blank panther fur in the client, so yes. It should also drop imo. (hint hint)

The price is based on the price of the ingredients.

The steel stuff is an intermediary between iron and titanium, and the players will be able to make money by making/selling that armor. But maybe I will tweak the stats a little bit.

Yes, but currently it is not really an intermediate, because the price is much too close to the titanium price (the intermediate between 3.5k and 40k should be about 20k, not 33k). If that's the price according to the ingredients, maybe the amount of ingredients should be lowered, too. I am fearing that the steel plate armor will go the same way as the iron shield, which would really be a shame ...

Would someone please PM me the prices of the steel and titanium armor stuff?

EDIT: I've seen the prices - the steel prices are too close to titanium.

Edited by Mr.Mind

In storage, the Hydrogenium Bars still appear in the Ores page and not in the Metals page.

Quick questions:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...14entry268714

Are these weapons/armours added on the test server or are they omitted?

And if they are, would their pic (weapon/armour) look the same or will we have to look at them (with the LOOK icon) individually to see if any of them have anything special?

And will they be exclusive to only the new weapons added?

(/me is considering making a few iron swords, leather helms if not so).

edit: I refer to the ones directed at that specific post. (Life drain etc)

Edited by MagpieLee

The Swords are on there, you can buy at Emerald Trade Route blacksmith, and you will only see the actual "picture" of the sword if you downloaded the client, like you were supposed to.

He referred to those:

One additional thing:

When creating some swords/armors, there will be a chance to create a special version (a la EFE) with embedded special effects, such as mana drain, life drain, and so on. The chance will be pretty small, but still, it will be there.