Eternal Lands Official Forums
Captain_Smile

Silliest thing you did ingame ? :)

What is the silliest thing you ever did ingame ?

Mine is probably buying 50 needles, pressed the wrong button, thought I was buying thread :)

Otherwise its probably the Kilaran running event I do with Gurgeh :D we run from desert pines to VOTD, and the first to die looses :D

Captain_Smile

I think everyone has done that needle thing at least once. I once bought 200 of them, what a mess...

But the silliest thing I ever did ingame was being chased by a girl who wanted to marry me. Thing is, I didn't have the heart to say no. Although I think she really wanted my stuff...

Edited by sparhawk

Also bought a ton of needles, because I thought they get used up each time you manu

Died lots of times when I went afk in portland (didn't know it had a gob)

Wore iron plate while PVPing and fighting gargs, and lost it

Neglected to heal during battle because I didn't know you could drink potions and fight at the same time

Bought a bunch of books that I didn't need because I thought 500gc was so much cheaper than the NPC price. (didn't realize monster drops are always cheap)

Attacked my mana drain partner by mistake

Bought 1100 deer antlers because I thought they'd be useful for summoning. (deers suck for summoning exp)

Tried to restore, then realized I forgot to bring HEs. Went back to storage to restock, and again forgot to bring HEs... twice

Spent ages hunting and cooking meat when I was antisocial. (I didn't know you could harvest veggies/fruit for food)

Tried #suicide as an alternative to #beam me, not realizing that it makes you drop your items.

Harvested 4k of coal and then started hauling it myself without anyone to sit my bag... got bagjumped.

Bought 50 EFEs because someone told me he'd pay well if I got him 50.. He lied, and I lots tons of money selling them back on the market for less than what I bought them for.

Tried to defend a guildie against a PKer unarmed because I didn't bring a sword.

Fought 3 fluffies at once (died, tho it was a lot of fun ;p I took a screenshot too).

Told MrMind178 "Richery is a bot", when he said in channel 3, "Oh no Richery, why are you selling water essences again?"... (MrMind178 is the owner of that bot)

Lent someone 100kgc, never got it back and she quit the game recently.

... I win \o/

Edited by roos

Also bought a ton of needles, because I thought they get used up each time you manu

SNIP

... I win \o/

wow, you sure do!

I was gonna post that i bought 20 wolf skins from henrik but that doesn't even compare :D

Lived on Isla Prima for a week, thinking that the next map would be incrementally harder and felt I should be able to easily kill the creatures on this map before moving on.

Can you tell it was my first MMORPG?

[AmberGal @ 1]: WTF!! I just saw a small guyt!!

AmberGal: why are you small?

AmberGal: brownie?

AmberGal: why are you so small?

[AmberGal @ 1]: It's a 'brownie'? what's that?

I think everyone has done that needle thing at least once. I once bought 200 of them, what a mess...

But when they add ranged weapons to the game, you'll be all set to manufacture blowgun darts!

Dave

But when they add ranged weapons to the game, you'll be all set to manufacture blowgun darts!
or summon porcupines, which could happen before ranged weapons

After some tough thinking about what I did in my 2 years experience, I found something even worse than the needles.

It was at the time when I thought that Mead could be drunk. I bought at least 100 Mead before realising its absolutely useless for a newbie... Good cash thrown away.

Hunting with conjurer or excavator cape is also quite a silly thing to do...

lol, i remember hunting 1000 beaver furs and swapping them for a doom cloak, took soo long ;/

sold the cloak for 1mil tho, was sooo happy ;D

Every time I saw a white rabbit I ran the other way. I thought all white rabbits were fluffy rabbits. ;)

mine would have to be when i was a newbie and had about 10kgc (it was back before the big wipe so 10k was about 100gc nowdays) and i went fighting something in ws died and lost my bag. After a while of searching i found it again and started clicked madly picking up my gc 1 by 1 because i didnt realise you could change the amount you picked up. I think i manage to get about 1k befor the bag poofed lol

Hehe, I love this topic :)

First thing thats comes to my mind is selling shields on martket below trik-prices..... :)

I didn't even knew about the existance of Trik, I also coudn't understand why people were that eager to buy 40/50 shields at once....untill someone PM'd me about Trik.... ;)

taking Hellspawn as my first negative perk - i thought that 30% chance is not that bad - and than running for db everytime i ended up in underworld ;)

Mine is probably buying 50 needles, pressed the wrong button, thought I was buying thread :D

Otherwise its probably the Kilaran running event I do with Gurgeh :wub: we run from desert pines to VOTD, and the first to die looses :D

Captain_Smile

Wrong....yours was getting banned ;)

Well, accidentally bought 100 gemstone hammer & chisels yesterday while buying gem sanders... That was 2k for nothing ;)

Mine is probably buying 50 needles, pressed the wrong button, thought I was buying thread :D

Otherwise its probably the Kilaran running event I do with Gurgeh :wub: we run from desert pines to VOTD, and the first to die looses :D

Captain_Smile

Wrong....yours was getting banned ;)

If your only purpose in saying that is to annoy me, please kindly keep quiet.

Hmm, starting several alch shops, getting stuck in a PK map on the test server multiple times (In the same place). Edit Replying to this thread

Edited by Dunian

Oh please, Dont Even Get Me started. I'll end Up making everyone else look like Gorge Bush Albert Einstien..

I might come back to this and make a huge monkey out of myself later, to tired now... :P

Mine is probably buying 50 needles, pressed the wrong button, thought I was buying thread :)

Otherwise its probably the Kilaran running event I do with Gurgeh :D we run from desert pines to VOTD, and the first to die looses :D

Captain_Smile

Wrong....yours was getting banned :)

If your only purpose in saying that is to annoy me, please kindly keep quiet.

Altogether Now...... 1 2 3 "always look on the bright side of life" :whistle:

Guest tabbypuss

when i made my first 100 fe , i got an efe didnt know what to do with it, or what it was. some one on ip was giving away leather helms, so i gave him the efe for it.