Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Update pereliminary test

Also, I took the boat from Idaloran to get to Melinis, but there doesn't seem to be a boat to get back? There's 4 boats in the Melinis port, but none have gangplanks or flags.

The banners are on the docks, not on the boats; so you don't need to go on the boats

Ummm.... have you been there recently? I just went back and checked, and there are no banners on the docks. Yes I have installed the update correctly, and the map fixes Roja posted (though none of those map fixes are for Melinis anyway).

One of them was for Melinis, in roja's map fixes :P

Thats odd, because the maps.zip I downloaded, has fixes for, cont2map (10, 10_insides, 12, 16, 21). As far as I can tell from looking at the map bmp files, Melinis is cont2map4. I've redownloaded it several times, and its still only those files.

Try re-extracting ONLY cont2map4 from the first download mentioned in this post.

Ah, thanks, I see the problem now. I still had the original update file installed. I extracted the first one again, instead of the new one. Doh!

In Irinveron there are some walk-through boulders at the water's edge at [73,450] to [78,438].

Also in Zirakinbar I found a teleporter pad near [170,31] that isn't marked on the map.

Also the Egratia Point map doesn't show the connections to any other maps. The exit to Zirankinbar should be around [152,169] - the signpost works but there is no arrow on the map. The exit to Aeth Aelfan should be around [14,163] - the signpost works but there is no arrow on the map.

Edited by Puntif

all the telepads aren't marked i think

Still get "Too many sounds." in portland storage (and probably a few other buildings there, but I did not check all). From what I have been told, this is a map problem that has been around for a while.
That is due to the fire being lit in that location afaik. At least, from what I've observed that seems to be true. If that is the case, then its not a map bug... but again I'm not 100% sure.

Regardless, I think this should be fixed. Also, it happens in the Portland General Store, but there is no fire in the fireplace.

Credit goes to HadassaH:

When walking towards the entrance to the Bethel mines, there are some extreme height issues. You go right below into the solid and bump back up again.

Credit goes to HadassaH:

When walking towards the entrance to the Bethel mines, there are some extreme height issues. You go right below into the solid and bump back up again.

it's because you don't have some updated maps. it will work with the next test package.

I'm sure I'd seen this reported before but still seems to be an issue:

On Isle of the Forgotten - Exiting the house at (ext 40, 151), (int 227, 24) you end up outside the house next door (ext 54, 154).

Um.. one thing, i hit a teleport nexus on the 2k server in the portland titanium mine which makes me block the path to the ti ore spot on the right side of the cave.

I didnt test that on the test server, because im not harvesting there ti ore for hours just to test all teleport nexus, but it would be nice if that teleport destiny would be changed, or checked if its already gone.

Piper