Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Players lenght

this new pay to be taller / shorter thing should have some limitations..

Trojan_knight is huuuuge and Dezm is really small.. doesn't look very nice imo

so i think there should be a limit of how small/tall you can be.

this new pay to be taller / shorter thing should have some limitations..

Trojan_knight is huuuuge and Dezm is really small.. doesn't look very nice imo

so i think there should be a limit of how small/tall you can be.

There are limits, ant those two are at or are close to the limit, it is +/- 30% from the players normal size.

So you CAN pay to be extra small or extra big? I posted this before as a sly suggestion but it got deleted :P

What are the prices for them?

Ok, you are right, that's too much.

That also means that while Entropy rethinks this, all changes are on hold.

Guest Trojan_Knight

In my opinion, and the many others that have approached me. It does not look as bad as the picture looks. I took a few ss as well. And I noticed, since I have to use the basic paint program that comes with just about every computer. Is that once ya save the pic to be a file. It tends to look distorted. Where as on the game. For me and most of the people I have asked about this. It does not look distorted at all, compared as it does in HC's picture and the ones I have also taken.

Im not gripping, or saying anyone isnt entitled to there opinion. Im just trying to find a happy medium with everyone. So what I did was take a total of 3 ss's. 2 from the same distance, but with different angles, and one somewhat up close. I have found that with the pictures I have taken, some of the coloring tends to bleed after the picture(ss) is saved as a file.

Here are my examples of File Bleeding once saved

Screen Shot #1

And this is a good example of color bleeding from saving picture. Due to the colors on the faces of other characters.

Screen Shot #2

This file shows the lines around things in general to be a lil distorted, wheather it be the 30% gain or the room or others in picture along with my character due to the file being saved.

Screen Shot #3

with this one you can notice the color from the file saved, makes the colors around the hands, face bleed or blend a lil.

Now like I said, Im not gripping, Im just trying to help give a little more information. That can be easier aquired for everyone. And if this is changed, or etc. Its cool with me. However being the professional Learner is. I will admit I dont need to say anything more and that everything will be worked out professionally in a professional manner.

Regards

Trojan_Knight

I would really like to see this added directly in character creation process - a random factor giving maybe +-10% size. This would IMO really add some variety to the game, and making size changeable for $USD would still be possible ...

Guest Trojan_Knight

The sizes are definetly too high, we will rework what is acceptable.

Thats cool. I was just trying to show that not really ugly as in a graphic way. As to heigth, yeah I can see where that may pose a problem.. As you know, those ss's are with increase of 30%. Maybe max should be 20% instead? Idk just my opinion. Or if possible, maybe work it in groups of 6% instead up to a total of 18% max cap. I dont know how easy or hard that would be to write, rewrite or etc. But just some ideas.

Because Im all for the tallest possible, as some may be with the shortest possible. But with some things that hang over enterences. I have seen where my head looks as if it could be stuck inside it. But not actually stuck, just looks that way. Where as if it was 20% or 18%, I would be just under that barrier margine.

Regards

Trojan_Knight

quick question, does changing the sizes also mean for shrunk people?... if so and i am not happy with the new %age can i get a refund...

yes

so if there will be a change or we all turn back to normal do we get the money sent back or we get something special? ;):D

Edited by CoKPhaY

so if there will be a change or we all turn back to normal do we get the money sent back or we get something special? ;):D

Once Entropy reaches his decsion, we'll figure out what to do. I expect each player will be contacted that is outside of the new range of sizes to decide what they would like done.

Seems to me that some people like this size changing thingie... Could we have a poll before rushing into conclusions?

Seems to me that some people like this size changing thingie... Could we have a poll before rushing into conclusions?

No, it will be as we decide.

Personally, I think it looks just fine. But you know what they say about opinions....

new_sizes4.jpg

Me with +30%, Dezm and MufossA at -30%, Purified: Human and RikU: Dwarf

Edited by v0id

haha, this looks kinda cool :D

haha, this looks kinda cool :sneaky:

I completely agree, but I have one concern...Storage!

Especially in places or times when it gets crowded - like NC on the weekends. :D

I don't think anyone intentionally blocks the NPC"s, but sometimes it does take time to access them. If there are a lot of umm, er, well "larger" chars it really could be a problem.

Perhaps there could be a stepladder issued to us "shorter" types? hehe!

Ferny