Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

SSOTW: Best shot of Animals!

Ok guys, it's time for some new screenshots of the week! This time I'll do things a bit differently, and pick a new topic every week.

This week's topic is for you to take shots of an animal, or animals, and I will pick out the best one at the end of the week and use it on the main page!

Please only post screenshots of this topic here!

Guidlines:

The FULL EL window has to be showing. It's alright if you have your whole desktop there, i can always crop it. And try to save them at somewhat high resolution, so you dont get crappy artefacts. (i will edit/optimize them)

1. The whole interface must be present, and no alterations to the shots are allowed. Everything in the shot must be from the Official game release.

2. The quality must be good enough that I can use. Shots that are too small(less than 800 x 600) are also not useable. Shots that were saved with low jpg or gif compression also are not good-in fact don't use gif's at all. the PNG or BMP formats are the best for quality, but a higher res JPG is fine too!

3. The shots shouldn't have any "bugs" in them. For example, there are some 3d objects that when you put light on them when it's night time or inside a house, they look black or relly really dark when they should reflect the light. These are object bugs, and are ugly and should not be shown in a screenshot. They will be fixed eventually.

Another example has to do with the shadows. The shadows in the game aren't perfect, but sometime they look a real mess or just really really strange like upside down or something. The shadows should be turned on in your screenshots, but they should look decent, not weird or totally ugly.

4. You should try to get a nicely detailed scene. If one quarter of the shot is filled with a blank ground tile in the foreground, then most likely it's not very interesting to look at and I wouldn't choose it. I guess there can be some exceptions to this but it's hard to say what they are.

5. Try to get "natural" shots. Shots that have everyone lined up in their plate mail aren't so great. I like to have diversity in the different landscapes and players in the shot, like wear different clothes, get a few players in the shots-although it can have just you too, that's fine.

6. Concerning text, it's ok to have some chat messages on the screen as long as nothing bad is said and there's not too much covering the screen. It's also just fine to have name tags, health bars, etc. turned on-it's also fine to turn them off!

I'm wondering about the same, are monsters also counted as animals?

If yes this is my armed gobs army:

gobarmy9xz.jpg

If not just delete my post :D

bears1tj.jpg

kinda big not sure how to do the thumbnail thing :>

and i have a different similiarish one of polar bears

Reply : i dont remember this was a while back but i think i brought like 250 bear ingreds and capped a shot after i finished summoning, i didnt even realize there was that many untill i turned around and had to take a screeny

bear7kr.jpg

here is alightened version of it just a lil thing in ps to make it less dark

Edited by chaoogie

OMG, did you count them? How many of them are there? Pity, it's bit dark, but this is the most fluffy furry screenshot I have ever seen :P

My pic of deer's head in DP docks :)

deer.jpg

Edited by ThordinElement

Gotta do the good old 'Artic Chimmie on Peace Day' shot. :P

AC.jpg

Edit: Don't know if it qualifies or not, it is a monster as it auto-attacks, but its an animal. And the only edit I've made is covering up my chat channels, to throw off all those darn stalkers :)

Edited by Terena

Ok it took a while to chase this panda but I got some good shots on it ;)

Mr. Panda bear decides to look for a place to sleep:

PandaWalk.jpg

Panda takes a nap under a tree

PandaNap.jpg

A contrary between polar bear and desert chimerians on the forgotten isle (invasion on 1st June)

Twins.JPG

Heheeh That is a good one, a desert chimmy in a snowy place :)

I didn't get The Screenie I was hoping for, but these aren't too bad either I think (available in higher resolution and quality).

Taking a walk in snowmaps:

polarbears3hu.jpg

snowleopard3fq.jpg

Observing the fauna on Hurquin:

leopard0vg.jpg

feran13bc.jpg

feran27ut.jpg

animal011bz.th.png

Tiger Hunt

Edited by Dunian