Eternal Lands Official Forums

I wonder if its possible to add a demo option, to record small or longer actions ingame. Maybe this would be helpfull as having a "non-faked" proof (not like chatlogs) in certain situations, making guild-movies out of the demos or just for fun :whistle: . And remember, its just a suggestion... :D

Something like quake's demo features? Or just dumping raw screenshots to encode later?

I don't think it'd be possible to play them back with the method quake uses since we don't have access to a local server. Using the second method may make it unplayable.

There was a patch on berlios, but it is outdated, I was going to work on it and make an updated version but never got round to it. Yes it is possible, and not very hard at all.

You just capture the packets sent from the server and save them to a file, along with the current time to millisecond resolution.

To replay them, just read the file back and treat that as the server input.

You don't need to capture your own actions as the server returns your actions anyway.

Edit: The post is here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...wtopic=7800&hl=

Edited by LabRat

kk, i will try it than. :hug:

Edit: well works nice, though u need lots of space for few minutes recording :wub: ,guess thats the price u have to pay :hug:

Edited by St0n3

:/ convert them into .avi :)

they come out as avi, maybe i have to set the frame rate down? or what else could i do....

Movie files record each pixil position along with accompaning music track (if applicable) so... they HAVE to be large, even for the nice AVI. A DivX encoder might be nice if you have to do long demos.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, someone can patch the client.

With AutoGK you can make them smaller, It can crop a movie of a half gig to ~20mb with still nice quality (not uber, but still fine)