Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Preliminary info about the new swords

Note: Thise are the preliminary values, they might change a little bit.

Unlike the current swords, which are progressively better, the new swords are all "better", and each of them has some advantage over the others, so which sword you use will be a matter of personal preference and tactics.

Here are the values:

item_name: `Emerald Claymore`

item_description: `27 damage, +2 defense, +7 accuracy, +6 critical to hit, +4 critical to damage.`

item_name: `Cutlass`

item_description: `22-24 damage, +2 defense, +15 accuracy, +6 critical to hit, +5 critical to damage.`

item_name: `Sunbreaker`

item_description: `18-20 damage, +2 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +15 critical to damage.`

item_name: `Orc Slayer`

item_description: `35-40 damage, +1 defense, +1 critical to hit, +1 critical to damage.`

item_name: `Eagle Wing`

item_description: `10-35 damage, +6 defense, +5 accuracy, +5 critical to hit, +5 critical to damage.`

item_name: `Rapier`

item_description: `20-25 damage, +2 defense, +5 accuracy, +17 critical to hit, +5 critical to damage.`

item_name: `Jagged Saber`

item_description: `30 damage, +10 accuracy, +2 critical to hit, +1 critical to damage.`

They will all require human nexus 6.

For the time being, they will decay, not dissapear when damaged. The decayed version is identical in attributes with the normal version, with the exception that it will dissapear when decayed again.

In the future there might be a repairer NPC, but no date is given for that.

Comments? Questions?

Will they be manufacturable or 'buy from NPC only'?

Both, I guess. And no, I didn't decide on the cost/formulas yet.

This sounds interesting, adding a bit more complexity to the PKing - now everyone is using a serp, in the future people might choose a weapon which suits their style/levels better. I am curious about the looks of the new swords. It adds variety to the game, which is very good, although I think that variety on lower-level items would be needed more. But thats off-topic here, I think :-)

Will these be in the next update, and can you reserve me a couple of sunbreakers?

Roja, Entropy - stop spoiling us.. manuable glowy swords, a bunch of new items.. we'll start expecting new stuff all the time. :P

Edit: For some reason all my recent posts have extra line spaces.. dunno why..

Edited by LabRat

Another reason for this if you don't wish that everyone will have them.

I love emerald claymore, ghuuud whoorck :P

Edited by ThordinElement

Entropy, excellent!

The fact that these new weapons are equaly deadly, but with different attributes is something we really need - this will make game (PK and hunting) much more interesting and (IMHO) more strategic.

Edited by Dejan

item_description: `27 damage, +2 defense, +7 accuracy, +6 critical to hit, +4 critical to damage.`

item_name: `Jagged Saber`

item_description: `30 damage, +10 accuracy, +2 critical to hit, +1 critical to damage.`

Hu? Those 2 swords do always a fixed damage and dont have a range like the other ones?

Besides that, great :-)

Piper

item_description: `18-20 damage, +2 accuracy, +1 critical to hit, +15 critical to damage.`

Isn't critical to damage change that your enemy hits you critically? Is it advantage over other swords?

item_name: `Orc Slayer`

item_description: `35-40 damage, +1 defense, +1 critical to hit, +1 critical to damage.`

Sounds good... Great damage and not any negs...

In the future there might be a repairer NPC, but no date is given for that.

I have good name for repair npc... We would call him "Tankel" :P

Will they be manufacturable or 'buy from NPC only'?

Both, I guess. And no, I didn't decide on the cost/formulas yet.

*rubs her little manufacturing hands together and giggles* :whistle:

Isn't critical to damage change that your enemy hits you critically? Is it advantage over other swords?

"critical to damage" means that a hit does double damage if triggerd. a "critical to hit" result means that you bypass armor. this is all iirc tho...

Will this be a two-handed weapon?

"critical to damage" means that a hit does double damage if triggerd. a "critical to hit" result means that you bypass armor. this is all iirc tho...

Actually, critical to hit means it bypasses all the enemy defense rolls (say you have a level 5 player versus a level 100). The level 5 player has no chance to hit the level 100, but if he has a critical to hit, there isa chance he will hit sometimes.

Critical to damage means it bypasses all the armor, and does a full damage.

chaoogie: Yes

I can help set the formulas and prices if you would like (swords this powerful should not be cheap).

Is 6 human nexus really necessary?..... will each new group of items have an increased human nexus requirement?

Very nice the new swords indeed.

And the human nexus does not hurts much because most fighters have 7 human nex for thermal serps, and the non-fighters does not need uber swords anyways.

And the human nexus does not hurts much because most fighters have 7 human nex for thermal serps, and the non-fighters does not need uber swords anyways.

I think that's a rather limited view on things. There are lots of non-PKers who would like a nice sword for training or just simply to show off. Some people like pretty things but would rather not "waste" PPs on a nexus that they don't need for anything else.