Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NitageR

no more ros

the p c doesnt need to be limited...just the cross attrib... might. Maybe at 40 -50..? So ppl that like high phys can get 80 phys and still be at 40 might....same for coord....jut no mega..uber phys and coord.. allowed..!

@zaer combat was a skill like att and def... the beavers furs were for raising ur instinct to 20...

Old PK ruled! This game is going too far, everytime new stupid items which **** up the game, cooldown ,rostogols,COL's ,COM's.. this game been better..

Ok, i think it is time to sum up all.

I suggest that two below things should be considered by game developers:

1) Rostogol stones - ok, let them stay but make them real RARE items - I mean the only way to get them should be from harvesting and monsters drops. Not buying them for usd (if it is possible to get them for $). So if price of a rostogol will be high enough people won't use them for each fight. I am pissed off that items like CoL make people too hard to kill, but as someone said developing game is not by going back. But decreasing amount of rostogols in game would for sure solve many of our problems. And all CoL, CoM etc can stay in game. Does it make sense?

2) Impact of overpowered by neg perks P/C while combat should be reduced. Of course people need p/c to train on monsters, for an example I can't imagine me training on desert chimerian with 40/40 p/c... But while figting with other people the formula of damage that you inflict at first place should depeand on your attack level. Of course physic decreases the amount of damage taken in a combat and so on and coordination makes you hit more or less often but what is the sense of spending long hours lvling your skills if some people who follow the line of least resistance can kick your butt. The same with defense. To the idea to delimit the level of attributes you can reach I don't have any idea atm.

I would like to notice that I am not bitching here game and anyone else but as quite experienced in pking I know how does it work.

I will underline here that people who work hard developing their characters should be more appreciated then ones who follow the line of least resistance.

Thank you for attention and all comments in this topic.

Edited by NitageR

1. Rostogol Stones - just do not sell them in the EL online shop. Good idea is also 5-10% chance it does not work.

2. a/d/p/c - this is really complex problem. In my most honest opinion the whole fighting system should be remade. It doesn't work good at the moment. I agree with both sides - both skills and attributes should be important. Czpil had a point - even best fighter with p/c 4/4 should not be able to defeat somebody with p/c 40/60. On the other hand... getting p/c 40/60 should be hardly possible.

3. The Bruce Lee analogy. Bruce Lee as other martial arts masters didn't look very impressive, but he was for sure strong, skilled and had high agility. If we would like to put him in EL reality it would be a fighter with high a/d, avarage physique and very high coordination+reasoning.

4. Experience points from fighting. It should be even more dependent on the difference in levels. Not only a/d, but also p/c. Very strong players attacking very weak ones should not get any experience point at all - or just 1-2 experience point per hit/defence. (yeah, this is offtopic in here)

5. (another edit) The changes in original version proposed by Nitager would just take from PK areas all low level players. They wouldn't be able to even try PKing at all. Only thing that makes them enter it are rostgols stone (it is just reflection ;) )

Edited by Vanyel

ye it would mean that lower lvls wouldnt go in pk so much.

To solve this we need (as has been suggested 10000 times before) maps that maybe have level limits. Either a player with too high a lvl cannot go in, or if there is too big a lvl gap bewtween players they cannot attack.

Ofcourse leave some maps, like kf, as they are, but change or add some new ones so that lower levels can also pk ;)

What i suggested...was not to limit the phys and coord.....just limit the might....theyr cross attrib.If its limited to .....50...u can still have 40 60....or 60 40.... 50 50.....or 80 20 wich is enough to train on d chims....and fluffs...and it will help...because..players that allready have neg perks.. will get to a dead end..of p c...and will 100% regret taking them....and once again... att and def...will be the nr 1 factor that will decide..the winner of the fight ;)

Guest stalag

ola all!

I agree with no magic weapons (thermal serp mostly) in game, makes the battles too short and boring.

I like COL and COM dont see the point in removing them. No one can kill a top 200 player in 1x1 without it anyway, there is always time to deseng and tele. COL at least let me have some fun for a minute against anyone in game until i deseng.

I like rosto, i would say to put in game a item to break it.

I also like P/C and the neg perks cuz its equal to everyone. Besides if someone has high p/c and low a/d he wont be able to train or pvp for good exp and will lose top positions pretty quickly. Besides what i will do to my 17 free pp ? :P

btw im not pk not even close i just do almost pvp but its my opinion :)

the ideia of levels limits to some areas seems pretty good ;)

Edited by stalag

Could seperate perks from p/c, have lot's more perks (e.g one to let you dual wield short weapons) and every 10 oa levels you can pick one. If you take a neg perk you can then pick one extra perk. At the moment are any of the fighter perks worth taking due to the loss of p/c ?

great idea nita, no more rost and high lvled magic weaps like tit long or serp must be undropable :angry:

it would be pk more fun and not a waste of time chasing someone who got rost :s

edit : and cooldown of all stuff : alch and especially craft lol, although i dont make diss ring, coz when you make diss ring, the food cost is 36, you can only make 2 diss ring per feast pots :s so it is to slow .. :s

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

I'm not a PK'er,but after reading this tread I can see there is some problems with the new magical items. Maybe they need to be tweaked in some directions, but why not make a random day when no "high" magical items work. That will include all magical items bought from el-shop and the NPC Tanta, also items that need more than 3 magic Nexus to make. I think a day like that might make a joyfull day in KF.

I'm not a PK'er,but after reading this tread I can see there is some problems with the new magical items. Maybe they need to be tweaked in some directions, but why not make a random day when no "high" magical items work. That will include all magical items bought from el-shop and the NPC Tanta, also items that need more than 3 magic Nexus to make. I think a day like that might make a joyfull day in KF.

"Joyfull"? Without dis and damage rings that need 3 magic nexus to make?

I have to agree with what was originally been said about rostogols. They will eventually tear the game apart. Everyone has them, and they are starting to have no value.

Ok I can be considered as a newbie on EL, only been playing for a little more than a month maybe, but I've been playing online rpgs since early 90s.. muds, and text game. Often, they are way more advanced than graphical counterpart, because no work has to be wasted on graphics, etc.. So all do into development of the game itself. And since they are around for many many years, they are quite balanced as it is.

What could work on EL, would be something I've seen on Tele-Arena in the 90s, while playing on BBSes.. if any of you played.. you can remember it's rune system for pvp. It could work like this:

Level 0 - 15 no pvp, you are protected from everyone, no one can harm you whatsoever.

Level 15 - 20 if you want to advance from 15 to 16, you need to do a quest, and that quest will imprint a rune on your forehead, let say a white rune.

Level 21 - 25 same here.. another quest, this time, the rune will change to yellow.

Level 26 - 30 again, rune becomes green.

and so on.. with a different rune color each level range.

Now.

When pvping, you can only attack and be attacked by 1 rune lower, and 1 higher.. this means you can never be attacked by someone so much stronger than you.

Then let go of any rostos in the game.

On Tele-Arena, we used to pay about 30$ per month to play. We bought minutes to play the game basically. (on the bbs) and the pvp was awesome in it. it worked with this rune system, like i explained earlier. except, that when you died, it was it.. no more. Unless you had a soulstone. Ok, now you'll say that again, it would come back to the same as rosto, but no, cause there were thief in the game.. so when pking.. a guild could have let say a warrior, an healer, a mage, a thief.. the mage render everyone invis, we get to the guy we want to kill, the thief rob the guy's soulstone, try another time to see if he had two just in case, if he did not have, he gives the go on the guild channel, and BAM, the mage discharge a big spell, warriors attack.. and so on.. the guy dies, and have to create a new char.. this is PVP. It's brutal, but it works.. you start to care a little about your char as it levels up.. and it keeps the game from having super high level char.

We need thief in the game btw.. pickpocket skills, hide in shadows (so we can hide when there is shadow only, on in cavern..) and pick locks skills, to open locked door, to complete some quests, access secret area etc...

Anyway.. i'll continue my harvesting.. i've got tons of other good ideas like that.

Kithoro

Instead of getting rid of rost all together could it just protect what you have equiped? This way you wouldn't be able to swap bone of death and thermal serp mid fight and if you manage to kill someone with rost you can still get a few HEs/rings/pots.

Instead of getting rid of rost all together could it just protect what you have equiped? This way you wouldn't be able to swap bone of death and thermal serp mid fight and if you manage to kill someone with rost you can still get a few HEs/rings/pots.

Or make it breakable with an item?

I don't really like that idea, it's the lower players who spent a month saving up for CoL who'll suffer since they won't be able to carry 20 rosts or dis/tele once the rost has been broken. Also if you're breaking peoples rosts without even having to kill them you're just making PK more expensive.

EDIT: Imagine the following:

Johnny just bought himself a CoL/got a thermal serp for his birthday and wishes to see what he can do with it so he dons his rost and ventures into KF. Upon entering the map he meets Bill, Jeff and Henry who all hit him once then fire off a RoP each. The chances are the hero of our tale is now dead and has been relieved of his CoL and/or thermal serp.

For a top PKer a few RoP is an easy investment for a ~45% chance of bagging a share in a thermal serp. I'm not omniscient but i think that idea would make PK even more exclusive.

Edited by Bharain

I don't really like that idea, it's the lower players who spent a month saving up for CoL who'll suffer since they won't be able to carry 20 rosts or dis/tele once the rost has been broken. Also if you're breaking peoples rosts without even having to kill them you're just making PK more expensive.

Let me throw this in a different direction... It seems to me that the problem isn't as much that the killed player isn't losing stuff. The problem is that the killing player isn't gaining anything beyond the experience. So what if we flipped it around:

What if a player that had a rost gave 10 times the experience?

What if a when a rost protected it had the effect of generating GC, essences, or some other kind of drop...?

Would that solve the problem?

The problem is that the killing player isn't gaining anything beyond the experience.

Exactly.

What if a player that had a rost gave 10 times the experience?

PVP with rost anyone? ;)

What if a when a rost protected it had the effect of generating GC, essences, or some other kind of drop...?

That could be good, explained as the magical essence left over as the rostogol broke apart.

put like french el, 2 pp for each +1 in ur atributes -_-

ye, there after you get 50 attribute you need 2, stops people from dominating just cuz big p/c

Kalach - Good thinking, taking a different perspective on a problem can give nice solutions. Not sure how bonus experience for a kill would work, since that is not how the xp system works, but having the Rost decay into some other items (replacement drops) would give something back.

PvP with Rosto wouldn't gain anything, since the Rosto is still lost, and could be more valuable than the decayed byproducts.

Edit: I see that Kalach was suggesting 10 x exp per blow, in which case Bharain is correct, and PvP training with a Rost would be an exploit, so long as you didn't kill one another.

An alternative approach:

While carrying a Rostogol Stone, you don't get any combat (A/D) experience...

So, you can carry one if you want, your choice; but no fighting experience in exchange for security. ;)

Note: This cannot be used in combination with a bonus experience system, such as that described above.

The thing about 2pp per 1 attribute... If the other attributes (1) played a more significant role in the game then better distribution of points would be a valid choice, and excessive P/C would not dominate. All attributes should have similar distributions of values across the population of characters in EL, and there shouldn't be any need to place arbitary limits or boundaries on them.

Off-topic aside: Of course, über-P/C characters are also due to the bulk-economy of the game, where to do anything you need to carry more and more. In EL, base resources are free, and the attempt seems to be to limit advanced activities by requiring larger and larger quantities of material. So, everyone needs to develop disproportionate P/C to accomodate, even the normally weedy mage types.

(1) - I actually see nexus as just another type of attribute, representing some sort of cultural exposure. If you expect attributes to have normal ranges 1-20, then expect the same for nexus; it remains "fair" if the same options apply to everybody; it improves the game if more options are available to everybody. It is choice in character development which distinguishes class based and (good) class-less RPG systems.

Edited by trollson

If you want to give more exp for person fighting person with rost, and none to the person holding it, thats fine...however, it can still be exploited. Just have a friend throw on a rost and train, then switch.

Solution?:

How about you just disable fleeing/diss rings during combat if you have a rost? This way every fight is a fight to the death, this would solve the experience exploit and relieve EL of a few more rosts... ;)