Eternal Lands Official Forums
Prima

why do people sit around forever?

in IP, everywhere I look there are always people who sit around all day, not even trying to get health, but still just sitting around. and its not as if they are AFK (away from keyboard). when I talk and say hi they say hi back. I just want to know if theres something good from sitting on your computer from hour to hour.

Some people just see EL as a nice place to chat. You know there are people on IRC who chat like 6-10 hours a day? I think EL is the perfect place just to chat. When i'm really bored I go to a storage, take my powersaving cloack and start chatting. Sometimes it's even more fun than playing the game.

(and btw, this is a suggestion forum :blink:)

Chatting can be fun when you find the right bunch. But they also may be harvesting. Without the Excavator perk it may take awhile to do this. Also, they may be harvesting veggies for money from the tavern and may be at the garden all day long getting rich. So who knows. Welcome to the game. :blink:

other than chatting, especially on IP, people can be sitting around for a reason.

some are:

1- Helping newbies

2- Harvesting

3- Healing those with low health to help train their magic lvls

just a few reasons ; )

I sometimes even go there waiting for a person to pm me telling me a spawn is open :blink:

-kat

Some people just see EL as a nice place to chat. You know there are people on IRC who chat like 6-10 hours a day? I think EL is the perfect place just to chat. When i'm really bored I go to a storage, take my powersaving cloack and start chatting. Sometimes it's even more fun than playing the game.

(and btw, this is a suggestion forum ;))

actually, as a former IRC addict, there were times i'd spend up to 15.5 hrs chatting and going to work on 0 sleep. more when i didn't have to work, or if i was unhappy w/ the job, called in.

and ppl wise i agree that EL can b a good place to chat, though, i wish something could b done about the way the chat part of the client doesn't like the use of keyboards set to international, causing extra work to type a apostrophe, quotation mark, "`" or "~" (forgot their names at this exact moment,) making some1 have to hit spacebar after each use of those, unlike most other places to type that it checks the next keystroke to see wether it's the 2 separate characters, or the 1 special character. is there any way this can b fixed? (would just like to know if it's posible)

i wish something could b done about the way the chat part of the client doesn't like the use of keyboards set to international, causing extra work to type a apostrophe, quotation mark, "`" or "~" (forgot their names at this exact moment,) making some1 have to hit spacebar after each use of those, unlike most other places to type that it checks the next keystroke to see wether it's the 2 separate characters, or the 1 special character. is there any way this can b fixed? (would just like to know if it's posible)

I'm sure something can be done about it, but I don't have an international keyboard and I'm not sure how the keystrokes are processed so I'm not going to be a huge amount of help adding it to the client.

i wish something could b done about the way the chat part of the client doesn't like the use of keyboards set to international, causing extra work to type a apostrophe, quotation mark, "`" or "~" (forgot their names at this exact moment,) making some1 have to hit spacebar after each use of those, unlike most other places to type that it checks the next keystroke to see wether it's the 2 separate characters, or the 1 special character. is there any way this can b fixed? (would just like to know if it's posible)

I'm sure something can be done about it, but I don't have an international keyboard and I'm not sure how the keystrokes are processed so I'm not going to be a huge amount of help adding it to the client.

well any US keyboard can b set to international settings. from my understanding, Torg, u don't use winblows(yes, i spelled that how i wanted,) but winblows users can set their keyboards for international use by doing the following:

I ) open up the control panel

II ) XP differs how to get to change these settings so i'll post both ways:

1 ) for xp:

• a ) u go to date, time, language, and regional options.

b ) then u go to regional and language options.

c ) then click on the languages tab.

d ) then click on the details button.

e ) u then choose the add option and choose "United States-International"

2 ) for '98, (and i believe 2k, and ME,) or just those that have set to classic view on XP

• a ) go to regional and language options (will probably read: regional and language... )

b ) then follow c-e listed above.

i'm sure all the devs that use winblows know that, i wasn't trying to b condecending or nething, (figured after my posts in another thread that needed to b said...lol,) i merely posted that for ne1 wanting to see what i was talking about. but those who choose just to see what i'm talking about or devs that would like to check this out for me.

the keys mentioned in my previous posts are the switches, like alt, exept unlike alt, u don't have to hold 1 down and hit the other. typing " ' " and "a" consecutively gives "á" for example. just to b sure the switches are: ' " ` ~ and naturally alt+ several other keys

oh and i checked, and using the international setting also disables the alt key in the client

but play w/ those settings here, or a chatroom, (i wouldn't reccomend posting the playing around gibberish here or in a populated chatroom.) then try ingame trying to use any of the switches or alt. for ne1 that wants to.

Ahhh...the days of the great AFK king

is it true that so many have forgotten about those times .... a pity.....

......ALL HAIL 007!!!!!!

Sadly, times have changed. Thank you loyal follower(s)! :)

......ALL HAIL 007!!!!!!

Sadly, times have changed. Thank you loyal follower(s)! B)

The times of that AFK king may be forgotten, but not that there isn't an AFK king. :)

I'm not a loyal follower, though. I'm a challenger to the throne. :D Just ask my guild. :D

Edited by Arnieman

......ALL HAIL 007!!!!!!

Sadly, times have changed. Thank you loyal follower(s)! B)

The times of that AFK king may be forgotten, but not that there isn't an AFK king. B)

I'm not a loyal follower, though. I'm a challenger to the throne. :P Just ask my guild. :D

007 will out-afk you any time! Three thumbs up for the true king!! :):D:D

Please allow me to shed some light :)

The AFK King title is one that can not be obtained through a simple following of groupies who enjoy watching you go AFK. It is a title which can only be given by one of the following EL heroes: the great Tumaros, the 1337 matrixx, the talkative sirdan, the humble TirasHazor, or the ...something....Mikeh. Feel free to come up with creative titles for yourself such as "AFK Man" or "AFK Queen" or "AFK God". But "AFK King" is not something to be thrown around as often as it is. Do not disrespect the title. As current (until I die) AFK King I forbid you.

That is all. :omg:

Edited by 7

How many times have you spontaneously gone AFK and come back with people having PMed you some of the craziest junk?

Hazor may be humble, and Tum greatly absent, but MikeH... yeah, he's been real around. And, maybe I have no right to claim such title, but it wasn't me who called me it... at first. :omg:

Besides, AFK King is such a pointless title - not like you're here to claim any reward.

How many times have you spontaneously gone AFK and come back with people having PMed you some of the craziest junk?

I'd think that would happen to everyone? 0o

Hail 007.

Edited by Hazor

I'd think that would happen to everyone? 0o

Fair enough.

EL heroes? how about.... the horny Jen_Lynn! Or... the IMGONNAFUCKINGFLAMEYOU Hades... Bitch4life teh banned 0n3na (pla+yna, since her name is censored).... ForumHax Next?

Edited by MikeH