Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diablox

EFEs are driving me crazy!

I can't stand how the prices of EFEs is going down! I remember back along time ago when EFEs had cost around 6-7k, now people are selling them for 1.5-3.5k. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy this chance to get great stuff for cheaper prices, but it makes this game too easy and I really like a challenge. One reason that this is happening is the store on the main page, I think that we should start raising the prices of EFEs from 1 USD to about 5 USD. Please think about this sugestion.

Edited by diablox

6-7k was always a ripoff in my opinion. Having it lowered to 2-3k is much more feasible. Ever considered how much greaves/cuisses was back then in relation to the price of EFEs? The price difference wasn't much, so the lowering of EFE prices are down to a decent price now.

Raising the price of the store might stop them coming in, but what about the ones in circulation? And the ones found?

Well, I'm not going to argue with you, besides, it's your own opinion. I just wish there was a bit more of a challenge. I mean, c'mon, if you have a 1 in 5,000 chance of making one don't ya think that it should be a bit more valuable? :icon13:

Edited by diablox

Cuisses/Greaves where 9-11k and EFE's 6-8k , that looks very normal to me.

But if people sell Cuisses/Greaves for lower prices EFE's get lower too.

Guys, the whole idea of being a MMO is prices changing over time. Soon there will be new metals, armors, and so on.

I paid like 900 USD on a 386 DX 40 computer, with a monocrome monitor, back in '94

Now you can get it for free from some junk yard.

Guys, the whole idea of being a MMO is prices changing over time. Soon there will be new metals, armors, and so on.

I paid like 900 USD on a 386 DX 40 computer, with a monocrome monitor, back in '94

Rofl, well ok, if you say so, Ent. :D

the basic "problem" of the economy in el is that there is no limited basic resources. i can in theory be making fire essence all day and all night if i could get someone to bring me the resources needed. (or maybe set up a bot network?)

That would assume that older FE is now obsolete, and newer FE should have higher prices - I don't remember ny FE "improvement"...

Edited by Arnieman

My point is that as more people come in and make more EFEs and more cuis/greaves; prices WILL drop because those items are more common and there will be more competition to sell them (a factor in the price drop).

But as Entropy said, prices of items change over time...can't wait for those new items.

the basic "problem" of the economy in el is that there is no limited basic resources. i can in theory be making fire essence all day and all night if i could get someone to bring me the resources needed. (or maybe set up a bot network?)

I thought setting up a bot network would be like breaking rule 5... :blush:

I thought setting up a bot network would be like breaking rule 5... :blush:

it was just a side-comment...

point is that if one realy want to, one can produce a relatively infinite amount of fire essence, making the value of said item zero...

point is that if one realy want to, one can produce a relatively infinite amount of fire essence, making the value of said item zero...

When an npc buys stuff, the value never goes to zero.

When an npc buys stuff, the value never goes to zero.

Exactly - FE price can never reach 0, dead-limit is 3gc.

And it's 3 gc now. So FE reached it's maximum on overproduction. The reason: it's the only way for newbs to start alchemy. And there ar more and more new people in game.

Lol no one is picking up on the hint here from Entropy....stockpile ya efe they are gonna be damned useful when the new stuff comes...if you see efe for sale, buy em if you can...we're ALL gonna be needing them, by the looks of it!

Hmm, let's see:

combinable EFE: 100 x 3 + x = 2500 => x = 1800

combinable ELE: 100 x 5 + x = 1900 => x = 1400

combinable EME: 100 x 8 + x = 10000 (hype) => x = 9200

Allthough I agree with the above, I think that needs some work so that Enrichment Stones can be priced normally.

Rarity of an EME isn't a topic anymore with these formulas, so that price is purely based on it's expectation that they'll be used to create magic weapons. If that is the case, then the number of ME's or the recommended level should be a lot higher. Twice the number of FE's for an EFE makes sense too, since FE's are no fail.

Lol no one is picking up on the hint here from Entropy....stockpile ya efe they are gonna be damned useful when the new stuff comes...if you see efe for sale, buy em if you can...we're ALL gonna be needing them, by the looks of it!

Well, I just hope that just because they are gonna be "damned useful" that they won't go TOO high. My complaint to begin with was that they were just TOO low...

Unfortunately that math does not add up, this simple fact being that although there will be some increase in the availability of Enchanced essences the stones them selves will not guarantee a successful enchanced essence.

If someone decideds to 'flood the market' by making lot of one essence that one will drop in value due to the flooding so on top of the failures each one they produce will reduce the value of all the ones they have.

Because it is a market, their value will fluctuate and probably be towards what ever essence is cheaper due to the demand that has been generated. High prices do not generate demand and any worth while market will do lots of fluctuations for the higher end goods.

You do not see the price of a loaf a bread change daily but the cost of fuel jumps up and down. (just an example and your mileage may vary by region)

2 things i dont get that math and belive me its confusing but not in school. and second people should get an efe every 1000 fe's they make not one chance in 1000

Well, the good news is i am finally seeing some buyers for efe on the market, it seems people are finally getting ready to ensure they have stocks for the new armour and weapons that are to come!!!

HOPEFULLY, the demand now being made for efe's will cause the price to rise again! (Thats a HINT PEOPLE!!!!)

- PYE

Unfortunately that math does not add up, this simple fact being that although there will be some increase in the availability of Enchanced essences the stones them selves will not guarantee a successful enchanced essence.

Failure doesn't factor in. Think of it this way:

Will I sell my Enrichment Stone for 1.6k or 8k?

If someone buys it for 8k (or anything above 2.2k) it makes absolutely no sense to use it for enrichment of EFE/ELE, making the recipe useless (as it is now with EMP and binding stones).

6-8k ....Howbout when they were like 100k + gc :X I think the economy is a little messed up in EL, but oh well....it just seems much harder to make much gold via the market...From where things are now, it's more profitable to go harvest lilacs and sell them to the NPC than sell stuff to players....