Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PowerWarrior

Axe Of Freezing

I tested the axe and it seems it doesnt work :/. i talked with xanter and it didnt work for him either. i am aware theres only a 7% chance but i tested it a lot and nothing is happening. I hope its fixed soon i want to use my 130k gc axe :blush:

Edited by PowerWarrior

If someone can confirm that the bug it being fixed that would be great :). not sure what to do with a 130k axe that doesnt work hoping for it to be fixed soon :)

Edited by PowerWarrior

sorry for the necro, but i asked several ppl and all said that the tit axe of freezing doesnt freeze enemies.

Since i was planning to buy one, i'm interested to know if this is still the case.

I found the threads about the plate, but only this one about the axe.

For now i added a remark to the wiki pages of those two items.

regards

I do not know, hence the question. I was talking to Gilrain at the time since we were both interested in purchasing it. I was asking due to the posts in this thread and the lack of a resolution posted here.

I went on the test server, in Tahraji Desert, killed some stuff with the axe:

To Taharaji Desert
Warning! You just entered a PKing map! This means other players can attack you!
Cyclops got paralyzed for 3 turns!
Fluffy Rabbit got paralyzed for 3 turns!

It works, on the test server at least

and can you confirm, that not only the message is appearing?

did they stop hitting you for that time?

to confirm its mabye useful to use a monster that hits you nearly everytime..... :bow_arrow:

Edited by Gilrain

I just tested it on the test server as well.

I managed to "freeze" cycs at least 4 times and each time they hit me and dealt me damage almost the next "turn". One cyc hit me 4 consecutive times after I paralyzed it, then I got def exp for one and then it continued to hit me.

Probably a bit late to post it now that Raytray tested it too, but I bought one and tested it on main.

I took a short recording of using it as proof that it doesn't work too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MU5Je6cjg0

What happens is the same thing that happened to the others, I never stop getting hit even though the message appears.

I would like to see this fixed so the weapon would have at least some use besides that it looks cool :pickaxe:

EDIT: Also did the same test with the Titanium Plate Mail of Freezing, with the same result.

The recording of that is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o_Ww3ZZ30Q

Thanks Ednovel for letting me borrow the plate for the test!

Edited by Choris

Just thought I'd add something similar - whenever you're paralyzed by anything you can get rid of the effect via casting any spell. (tested years ago, and seeing as the axe & plate still fail to work, i'm assuming this still works too.)

Just tried again. Used it throughout instance. Most notably on Labagiu. I could hit it, and got exp and mirrors from hitting it but landed no freeze hits on this, or chitros. Scythes @ 2% bod damage manage to land 4-7 hits, while axe landed 0 @ 7%. If anyone else can test as well, that would be great.

No orange message for freezing is given, and the monster is not frozen. (Continuously hit it's target and did not stop animation)

Just tried again. Used it throughout instance. Most notably on Labagiu. I could hit it, and got exp and mirrors from hitting it but landed no freeze hits on this, or chitros. Scythes @ 2% bod damage manage to land 4-7 hits, while axe landed 0 @ 7%. If anyone else can test as well, that would be great.

No orange message for freezing is given, and the monster is not frozen. (Continuously hit it's target and did not stop animation)

The axe of freezing works when you get hit, not when you hit your opponent. So in an instance you have to be the one taking the hits for the axe to be any use.

Visual bug/inconsistence: the icon is a blue IRON axe, the item is a blue STEEL axe, and it degrades to an IRON axe.