Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

The Shadow of Selain

Hello, and welcome to "The Shadow of Selain", a role-play/quest/contest sponsored by the “Justice, Unity, Strength & Trust†(JusT) guild.

This is a week long event is composed of three parts and culminates in a day of quests and prizes.

The first part is a complete back-story which will be posted during the week prior to the quest. The second part is a day of role-playing and quests that act as the final act for the story. Third is the contest based on the successful completion of the various parts of the quest. You do not need to be a role-player to participate in the contest; it will just make the day's events more interesting and fun.

You are strongly encouraged to read the complete back-story before the quest as it will contain a wealth of information and hints that will greatly improve your chances of completing all of the parts of the quest and possibly winning a prize.

Prizes (not in final order):

Magic Steel Two-Edge Sword of Fire (the_antiroot)

Iron Broad Sword of Fire (Entropy)

Iron Broad Sword of Fire (Entropy)

Full set of Plate armor (LochnessLobster)

Full set of Plate armor (SandCastle)

Full set of Plate armor (Ice)

General Axe Construction Book (Van_Binsbergen)

General Axe Construction Book (SandCastle)

Titanium Axe (PYEwacket)

Titanium Serpent Sword (Burnout)

Titanium Serpent Sword (Burnout)

Titanium Serpent Sword (SandCastle)

100 Damage Rings (Cyprom)

50 Disengagement Rings (bkc56)

10 Binding Stones (Entropy)

Titanium Long Sword (SandCastle)

Titanium Long Sword (SandCastle)

Body Piercing Cloak (bep)

Body Piercing Cloak (Ice)

Body Piercing Cloak (Burnout)

Mirror Cloak (bep)

Monster Magnetism Cloak (Mrs_Ice)

Titanium Chain Mail (bep)

20x Enriched Fire Essence (Entropy)

3x Enriched Fire Essence (SandCastle)

20x Enriched Life Essence (Entropy)

Schedule:

Saturday Feb 25th - this initial announcement posted to the Events Forum

Monday March 6th - Chapter 1 of "The Shadow of Selain" posted to the “Stories and Ideas" Forum. Each day of that week a new Chapter will be posted.

Saturday March 11th at 1:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8:00) - The quest will start with a gathering of all participants at the Meeting Hall in White Stone City.

Sunday March 12th at 2:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8:00) - Awards Ceremony will take place at the Meeting Hall in White Stone City. You need not be present to receive your prize (we will hunt you down).

Rules:

If you are planning to participate in this contest/quest please read the following rules. Some of the information below is critical to your successful completion of the quest.

This is a medium level quest both in difficulty and in potential risk. It could be difficult, expensive, or dangerous for newer players. This is not intended to exclude anyone, but to make it more interesting and fun for the greatest number of participants.

This quest costs gold coins. For example, you will be required to go to C2 at some point. Knowing your way around C2 before the day of the quest could prove helpful.

The quest consists of a number of tasks with checkpoints. Prize winners will be based on those correctly completing the most checkpoints. The results of one or two timed events will be used to break any ties. No notice will be given as to which events are timed.

This quest has risks. There will be no PK zones, but there will be monsters to fight so be prepared. Death does not disqualify you, but it may set you back. Any items lost in death will not be saved or returned by the quest organizers.

People completing checkpoints will be listed in the contest chat channel as a form of public record. If you complete a checkpoint and your name is not listed, you should ask the checkpoint representative why. If you did something wrong you will either need to correct it, or push on without completing that checkpoint.

Quest tasks must be done exactly as specified. If the task is to collect 5 red roses and you deliver 6, you will fail the checkpoint.

It is strongly suggested that you carefully read the back-story posted in the "Stories and Ideas" section of the forum. It contains information that could be critical to the successful completing of the quest.

Channel 1956 will be used for all hints and notifications during the quest. Channel 6 may be used for quest participants to chat. PMs to quest organizers will be ignored and may be grounds for disqualification. Likewise any spamming or disruption of the guest channels shall result in disqualification and muting without warning. There will be moderators present.

Contest prizes will be awarded after all the checkpoint name lists have been collected and checked. The time and location of the awards ceremony will be announced. You need not be present at the awards ceremony to collect your prize.

This quest is being organized and run by humans. We make mistakes. Every effort will be made to be accurate, but once the results are posted, they are final.

Edited by bkc56

Hi, i was just curious how long would you expect the contest to be?

My dry-run with a person from my guild ran just over an hour. But things always go slower with more people, and given the value prizes I've been collecting I've made a couple parts a bit harder. If I had to guess, I'd say under two hours (90 minutes plus/minus). Of course people who carefull read the back-story and apply serious though to their preparation could surprise everyone finish some parts very fast. But the total time will be based on how fast most people are getting through the check-points (not just the fastest ones).

You don't need to kill anything, but the option will be available at some point in the quest. But with MM (or fast feet) and careful clicking (don't hit that Chim!!) you can get through the day without any fighting.

:):)

Awsome!

This is the kind of thing i can realy get into

you can expect me to b there :icon13:

There's nothing to join (no sign ups). If you show up at the appointed place at the appointed time, you're in. Be in the game before 1:00 PM Pacific/California time (GMT -8) and watch for announcements. Or just sit in the WSC Meeting Hall and wait.

yep ! that was great fun ! :)

i just felt sorry for the antiroot, when he was surrounded by... millions of people in portland. and had to sort all out.

that probably wasn't that fun for him, at this point. :icon13:

well, see ya all at the awards ceremony !

Here is a picture of people getting ready to defend portland from the invasion.

defendpl.jpg

And here is a picture of the final checkpoint where the contestants had to heal Curt_ (in the throne).

shadowselain1.jpg

i just felt sorry for the antiroot, when he was surrounded by... millions of people in portland. and had to sort all out.

that probably wasn't that fun for him, at this point. :ph34r:

lol, that was chaotic I have to ami, flicking to f1 to trade with folks in the order they traded me in, trying to find their name in the crowd, and then having to accept a non stackable object from each ;-)

But still all great fun, an im very pleased so mmany folks enjoye themselves ;-)

Thanks to all who took part in it, an event would be nothing without participants ;-)

An finally of course thanks to the main man, bkc56, whos storyline, organisation an narational skills made all this happen. Very proud to have him in JusT.

Congratulations to the winners of "The Shadow Of Selain" quest/contest:

1 – Marc, who wins a Magic Steel Two-Edge Sword of Fire (the_antiroot)

2 - gurgeh, who wins an Iron Broad Sword of Fire (Entropy)

3 - maximos, who wins an Iron Broad Sword of Fire (Entropy)

4 - Awn, who wins a Full set of Plate armor (LochnessLobster)

5 - LevinMage, who wins a Full set of Plate armor (SandCastle)

6 - mr00wka, who wins a Full set of Plate armor (Ice)

7 - skodarap, who wins a General Axe Construction Book (Van_Binsbergen)

8 - SweetteA, who wins a General Axe Construction Book (SandCastle)

9 - Terena, who wins a Titanium Axe (PYEwacket)

10 - Egarra, who wins a 3 Enriched Fire Essence (SandCastle)

11 - Enki, who wins 100 Damage Rings (Cyprom)

12 - RallosZek, who wins a Monster Magnetism Cloak (Mrs_Ice)

13 - molime, who wins a Titanium Serpent Sword (Burnout)

14 - Dunian, who wins a Titanium Serpent Sword (Burnout)

15 - Theryndan, who wins a Titanium Serpent Sword (SandCastle)

16 - cayuga, who wins a Titanium Chain Mail (bep)

17 - markusweck, who wins 50 Disengagement Rings (bkc56)

18 - Santamaart, who wins 10 Binding Stones (Entropy)

19 - Ghengas, who wins a Mirror Cloak (bep)

20 - zorro, who wins a Body Piercing Cloak (bep)

21 - LadyZan, who wins a Body Piercing Cloak (Ice)

22 - sEwer, who wins a Body Piercing Cloak (Burnout)

The following winners received their choice of either an Enriched Fire Essence (Entropy) or an Enriched Life Essence (Entropy).

23 - Damned

24 - Jadedragon

25 - squiz

26 - Torg

27 - KeiraOwl

28 - Moebird

29 - Vormavius

30 - options

31 - panzerfaust

32 - darklordxxx

33 - Senkrad_Luna

34 - Usul

35 - afta

36 - magpielee

37 - DRAGOnGOD

38 - PhantomEmpress

39 - Creeping_Death

40 - LeaChim

41 - Andi_R0X

42 - trashking

43 - HaDaSSaH

44 - Zerth

If you are listed but were not at the awards ceremony, please contact me to arrange a time when you can collect your prize.