Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

Pre-compiled Client for download

Small remark: maybe you could change the version string on the startup screen from 1.3.2 beta to something like "ttlanhil elc_review 2006-11-23". Maybe that would make bug reports easier.

I like the new vFX :icon13:

Adding anything to the client source means it will need approval from a senior developer, and will prevent distribution until approval is expressly given.

I seem to recollect that the setup installer for this will download the latest version if necessary..

I seem to recollect that the setup installer for this will download the latest version if necessary..

Right, and I write down when I last ran the installer, sure.

A Version with a date in it would make bug reports easier ...

I have approval to distribute a client with patches in it that I figure will most likely go into CVS in the future (stuff like early versions of spell effects)... in the past I've also had a modified #ver message, but I doubt that many people even read it.

at any rate, I probably won't be updating here for a while, since windows refuses to load on my laptop (no, I'm not looking for any help on fixing it)

at some stage I'll probably start again, but until then please don't put in requests, because I can't do much about them

okay, there are a couple of new clients up, possibly for the last time (getting a new computer soon, without the microsoft tax)

the clean CVS and the experimental builds have been updated. they both include the new weather I've been working on (though without the weather files that are yet to be published, you'll only see the new rain) and labrat's custom clothing updates (again, there's a file you need for that to work)

as usual, you're free to run the clean one on the main server, and the experimental one is locked to the test server (getting around the lock is possible, but harder than compiling the client yourself :) )