Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

Pre-compiled Client for download

Is there many bugs in this client?
probably! that's the point of posting it, so that people will tell us about any bugs found, so they ca be fixed

new versions of all 3 clients are up

the review client and clean CVS one are now the same. there's no longer patches being considered for being committed (that will start again after the next client release)

I won't update the review client again until there's stuff that needs to be tested before it can go in CVS, so do't use that anymore, stick to clean CVS for the main server

the modified client has a lot fewer patches (since many of them are now in CVS. so you don't lose much functionality from it)

ed: whoops, forgot to enable notepad in the clean & experimental builds. re-uploading now

Edited by ttlanhil

I've been crashing occasionally when I've been mixing FEs

can't run because of missing libxml2.dll file message when I try to use your version of EL.
:mace: you... did install to where your normal EL install is, right? libxml2.dll should be there already...

I get the same problem, still. (Im just trying to make a bot im not all expirienced and junk)

Edited by Spartan_Warrior

I love this client but if I chose anything to improve it it would be that underscore cursor when you type, that is very annoying a star would be better :blink:

Great job!

:blink: uhm... are you using the compact inv window, by any chance? I'd expect that to work as well, but i don't use it... otherwise I've had no problems with it before

I Don't know what ya mean really. It was just the inv that opened. I didn't see anything that gave me a choice to use another. Anyway, I have a pic. It is still doing it except I can now click on the 1 and the 50. Just gotta be off center a bit.

Screenie!

Hi, Im the maker of that patch, there was some weird issues that has been addressed in the latest version of that patch, though I haven't looked that patch for quite some time now, since I had no time to do so. I will try though to start working on it again soon. That bugs were corrected time ago, anyway.

Surelly, that patch will not apply cleanly anymore, as soon as I have the time, I will revise it and upload a new version. I have greater plans for this patch though, maybe I can manage to something more decent than the crappy inv that the client has now (overally if you use any other locale different of the default en one).

And yes, there is an option to turn it off, though the default behaviour would be to have if off, i must have submitted the wrong version of the patch, i will look it. That option is changeable in the misc tab of the options window.

EDIT: Patch is ready for a new release, this one is mainteinance only + changed default to "do not use the compact inv". The patch should apply cleanly against the lasts cvs, date of today. In short I will start making noise, to see if there is any interest on this thing or not.

Thanks to ttlanhil for making this available for windows and to everyone out there that has tried it. :P

By the way, BerliOS is down, so, I will submit mi 1.0.4 patch when it is up agian. Thanks.

Edited by m_bee

Ok, I found a little error that only happens when I use your clients so I think it needs to be brought to ttlanhil's attention look for yourself.

error0yl.jpg

Any Idea on how to stop this? :brooding:

Here is an error logg too:

Log started at 2006-05-20 16:18:19 localtime (Pacific Daylight Time)

[16:18:21] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[16:18:21] Can't open knowledge book index: knowledge.xml

[16:18:21] Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 22 - 3

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 22 - 61

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 21 - 68

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 23 - 372

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 24 - 463

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 23 - 3

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 20 - 68

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 24 - 372

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 21 - 61

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 24 - 372

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 21 - 61

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 23 - 372

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 27 - 68

[16:18:40] Unable to add command 21 - 3

[16:59:08] Got invalid sound number

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 13 - 2056

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 22 - 2069

Last message repeated 1 time

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 24 - 94

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 25 - 2069

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 24 - 2069

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 23 - 94

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 23 - 94

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 22 - 94

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 23 - 2069

Last message repeated 3 times

[16:59:09] Unable to add command 23 - 2069

[17:04:21] update_position error: Invalid parameter value passed as an argument to an AL call.

Edited by Bleuren

Ok, I found a little error that only happens when I use your clients so I think it needs to be brought to ttlanhil's attention look for yourself.
erm. yes, that file is installed when you select 'prerequisites'. install that and the file will be there.

it's pretty much a dummy/example file, so won't do you a lot of good (full one should be in the coming client update), but it'll stop the warning

Alright thanks, also when the music plays along with the sound sertain times it absolutly stops the music and the sound I usualy have to reload your client just to let you know.

Alright thanks, also when the music plays along with the sound sertain times it absolutly stops the music and the sound I usualy have to reload your client just to let you know.
meh... I know about music not restarting until relog (corrupt playlist file can take it down) but not sound too... oh well, I hope it's fixed with the changes in the sound system (actually, to a degree I know it is. you can restart the sound system, so anything that stops it can be worked around. but the cause may still be there)

I shall update the clients soonish

can i make a suggestion? you know how you can use the arrow keys to go back and edit or insert letters in the text you have in the window befor you hit enter and send it? well how about when nothings entered in there it still lets you rotate the camera when ur mouse is on it :mace:

so far i havent had any trouble with the client either at least none i can recall:D

meh... I know about music not restarting until relog (corrupt playlist file can take it down) but not sound too... oh well, I hope it's fixed with the changes in the sound system (actually, to a degree I know it is. you can restart the sound system, so anything that stops it can be worked around. but the cause may still be there)

I shall update the clients soonish

Alrighty :mace:

well how about when nothings entered in there it still lets you rotate the camera when ur mouse is on it :)

Technically, this isn't part of his client. It is however part of a patch he helped work on. With the new edit system the control that you type into isn't activated until you start typing (and <esc> turns it off) when in the game screen, so rotating with the cursor should still work... at least that's how it works under my Linux client.

(and <esc> turns it off)
I think this is part of the problem

if you backspace to clear a line, it's still there, you need to <esc> to clear it and allow keystrokes

Still got the "Crash when you mix FEs too fast" bug.

new versions of test and clean are up, many bugfixes and a few other changes in them. please check if the bugs are still about

I will have to try it out because those crashes weren't saving my counters and that sucked :P So hopefully this one will save more of The Good Stuff

Edited by Sweettea

I had 2 crashes while mixing 1000 Bone powers

edit: And twice while mixing 1000 Fire essences

Edited by Dunian

Yeah it still crashes :/ Wouldnt bother me as long as my counters got saved :)

I had 2 crashes while mixing 1000 Bone powers
well looks like I'll be doing a bunch of alching once I get my computer back :P it'll be hard to find the problem otherwise
Yeah it still crashes :/ Wouldnt bother me as long as my counters got saved :P
heh, try the #save option more often... now saves local data as well! (like counters, el.ini, etc)

ed: at least... I think so. pretty sure I posted the latest client after I added that

And on test server with this client can't see tit Plate Armor or some new swords. I have screenies too. looks pretty funny :P but I can see the rest of the tit armor. And I have no problems with them with regular client. I am just posting this to let ya know whats up :)

And on test server with this client can't see tit Plate Armor or some new swords. I have screenies too. looks pretty funny :P but I can see the rest of the tit armor. And I have no problems with them with regular client. I am just posting this to let ya know whats up :)
odd... I'd expect it to be all or none of the new stuff, depending on whether the code was added before or after the client was compiled. but the important thing is if it works in a newer build, I'm assuming there's one in the test ent posted, and once (if?) I can get compiling again mine will get updated

okay, there is now a new version up... the review one only (it's actually plain CVS, but I've turned some extra options on, so there may be issues)

there were also a couple of bug fixes since the update, which are in this

remember: clean and test are still the old versions which won't work

ed: oh yes. the installer should still work fine, no need to get a new copy

Edited by ttlanhil

new versions of all the clients up, with all the latest fixes and goodies in CVS... review and clean are the same, since I've nothing under review right now :brooding:

I've added the workaround client to the installer; if you crash as you try to login, it may be the OpenGL screencapture bug in S3 drivers, which this client works around (as well as a few other minor issues)

a new version of the installer is up, but it's only with some of the descriptions changed and the workaround client added, so there's no real need to update it