Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

radon pouches idea

Well, thinking about radon pouches, why not have an item you get if you hit one?

You get the damage from the gas, why not find an item like a stone. Something in the value like an ore, which must be used in future to make something. Not high leveled like rostogol stone or serp stone, but something special.

Maybe you can colour items with it or make a funny hat or such things.

Since the radon pouches are annoying like hell, this would add a positive effect to it.

Maybe you can use this item to add a feather to your hat or add poison to your stick or bone or.. well, something funny. So the radon pouches are not only annoying.

Just my 2 cents.

Piper

Yeah, up with this one!! :P I hit 2 pouches straight a while ago while harvesting titanium and was annoying like hell... at least it would add something possitive to it: like piper says, maybe a stone or ore jumping out due to the explosion, or special item uncovering with the effects he says.

Well, summing up, I like it.

I love this idea. It will make mining more enjoyable - even when you get hit by radon - well... you won't be bitching that hard as you would.

Radon pouches are just another harvesting event; I've been hit harder with crashing walls, and I get much more annoyed from breaking pickaxes :ph34r: Besides, we've already got harvesting rewards: gc, xp (though both minor), serp stones, and rostogols.

I'd like more variety in these rewards, but I don't think they should happen more often. Also, the idea of linking these positive rewards to negative events is cool (i.e., positives only happen simultaneously with negatives), but I don't see why radon pouches should be singled out.

What about a kind of vial which can catch the radon? You get the damage anyways, but you keep the gas. Might be really useful for radon mines or some other engineering item.

/EDIT

to make this a bit clearer:

- one item (manuable) to collect the gas with a low break rate (you have to have this in your inv to catch the gas)

- regular vials or special vials (craftable) to store the gas

- radon mines (engineering skill)

and about the gas damage (depending on harv skill maybe, and you have to have the gas collector item of course):

- X% chance to get no damage

- Y% chance to get a little damage

- Z% chance to get even more damage because you really inhaled that gas deeply. plus no gas in the vial

Edited by Florian

Or when you get the gas in the vial, how about throwing them at your enemy? Ranged skill is about to be here if I am not mistaken.

as a harvester who gets hit by bad events more than good ones...

i like it :P wouldnt mind getting a random essence if i hit a radon pouch

Maybe a temporary effect like "I glow in a dark" perk for 5 minutes or something

Love the event and perk idea, but not terribly useful while mining (usually.)

Maybe use the collected radon gas to manufacture a stone/medallion that gives the "I glow in the dark" perk. Empty vials catch the gas...?

10 vials radon gas + 1 serp stone + 1 Titanium bar = "Medallion/Stone of Radiance".

High break rate during combat, and when it breaks, it deals 10 radon gas events worth of damage?

Mix and match ingred, I just pulled those out of the air....

For ONCE people would be hoping something would break :P

Love the event and perk idea, but not terribly useful while mining (usually.)

Maybe use the collected radon gas to manufacture a stone/medallion that gives the "I glow in the dark" perk. Empty vials catch the gas...?

10 vials radon gas + 1 serp stone + 1 Titanium bar = "Medallion/Stone of Radiance".

High break rate during combat, and when it breaks, it deals 10 radon gas events worth of damage?

Mix and match ingred, I just pulled those out of the air....

For ONCE people would be hoping something would break :D

Nice idea with the Radon medallion, however 10 radons worth of damage is very overpowered, it's double the BoD effect, nobody can withstand 300 damage without CoL and very few can with it, considering, they have full health in additon. I think even 2 radons damage would be very nice.

Well, thinking about radon pouches, why not have an item you get if you hit one?

You get the damage from the gas, why not find an item like a stone. Something in the value like an ore, which must be used in future to make something. Not high leveled like rostogol stone or serp stone, but something special.

Maybe you can colour items with it or make a funny hat or such things.

Since the radon pouches are annoying like hell, this would add a positive effect to it.

Maybe you can use this item to add a feather to your hat or add poison to your stick or bone or.. well, something funny. So the radon pouches are not only annoying.

Just my 2 cents.

Piper

Mmm what a wonderful idea!

Well, mind about adding this?

1.if you are hit by the event "radon pouch exploding", you have a chance to actually collect some gas, depending on your Engineering* skill (you must have x number of vials ready, collecting the gas does NOT prevent damage).

*or Harvesting&&Engineering (feels better this way)

2.Next step, you can combine said vial full of gas (one made out a radon_pouch_event+x vials with the automatic Eng attempt), with some leather (test: alchemy+engineering(+manufacturing maybe)? - high level) to make something like a gas bomb, usable (like a Ring of Damage is used) against an enemy (medium delay). Practically you filled a bag of leather with explosive gas (it's like a gas-molotov XD)

My 2 cents *begins avoiding stones*

Edited by Malakh