Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The cooldowns decision

Following the accident or sabotage that destroyed the poll, we decided to take a decision now regarding the cooldowns.

Given the fact that for more than 2 days the poll has indicated a 50/50 division between those pro and those against, we had decided to go on with the cooldown implementation and with further modifications and additions to make the game more enjoyable and strategic.

So now let me explain some of the new items and measures that will compensate the cooldown for fighters (it has been enstablished that cooldown is good for manufacture and related skills, so no extra modifications will be done in that area).

1. There will be some special summoning areeas where the mana cost will be half the normal cost, cummulative with the conjurer cloak. In that area the summons will be bersek, meaning they will attack eachother, even if they are summoned by the same player.

2. New items:

a. Weapons and armors that will have a chance to cause a life drain, mana drain, mana burn, reset the colldown for the defending player (armor), maximize all the cooldowns for the player it hits (weapon).

b. Hot stone (will remove the current cooldowns on use)

c. Summoning stones (clicking on it will summon an animal, no mana or ingredients, but no exp either. Creating those stones will however require ingredients, summoning level, and will give summoning experience. Some nexus will be required to use them, we haven't decided what nexus[es] and how much.

The resource and mana cost to create them will be higher than just summoning an animal, of course.

3. Various other modifications in the fight system (they will take longer to implement).

Sometimes the greatest gift from god is the unfulfilled wishes.

Note also: we are starting "no tolerance to bitching posts". Any we see will be deleted as they are against the forum rules and negatively effect the developers of this game.

You can use constructive criticism, just follow the forum rules please.

I like the idea about summoning stones.

And question: why not just make summoning stone of lets say bear, require same nexus as it requires now to summon one, and that will require one to be made? (same goes for summoning lvl)

And question: why not just make summoning stone of lets say bear, require same nexus as it requires now to summon one, and that will require one to be made? (same goes for summoning lvl)

Although we haven't decided for sure, most likely they will be all the same lvls/nexus as the normal summoning.

I don't know, we have to think about it first. We try not to think too far ahead, one thing at a time.

ok nice nice

now is Hot stone is this item buy able or you have to harvest and hopefully get it but you have a btter change or getting it then rogostol stone. Or is it make able

and is Feasting Potions going to be made stackable it will be helpful and cool

and you periovus say there will be seconds taking off for food

well it can you take off just liek 10-20 seconds everything too so everything get seconds taken off

and I'm gladd the cooldown stay time for some new updates :battleaxe_rune:

Edited by Kommosta

well, I love it, but I was going to vote for 'yes' on 5th of januar(don't know why), should I still vote, or is it ok now?

anyway, the new items sound really cool and they expand El in many ways, so, I'm happy it all worked out :icon13:

Well i really respect the idea and im not much of a pker but is there any chance that the cooldown will ever be gone :icon13:

Since summoning stones are powerful magical items that can really effect a fight I would suggest making them use magic nexus. I believe other magic items require a magic nexus so why not the summon stones? This is completely awesome by the way. Looking forward to all of the new stuff. There are going to be actual conversations about fights now because it is going to be so much more interesting. Any idea when we get to see it or just wait patiently as usual?

TirunCollimdus I am glad to see that 'yes' votes got all the way to 51% before the poll was sabotaged. =)

I think it would also be cool if non-summoners could use the summon stones. This would add sellable items to summoners and help with the cost of all the feasting pots and items neded to make the stones.

Plus then maybe I could summon a chim to defend me in pking areas..lol :icon13:

also, love the idea that they reqire magic to use.

Edited by WizzKidd

Well Hot stones be make able or well we have to buy them or get them like rosto stones?

I don't think they will be makable. Maybe drops and harvesting events.

is manfacturing the only thing that have a better succesful or alchemy too?

Manufacture like skills (potion, alchemy, etc.)

MarantZ - And will FP be stackable?

Entropy - Yes, but they will have to be slightly heavier.

This is great news. This will address the one big concern I had about cooldown/mixing.

Since FPs weigh 1 EMU, I assume "slightly heavier" won't be more than 2 EMUs per?

And one question: does the existence of cooldown mean that the mixing delays will not return to their various pre-cooldown values? That is, they will stay in the 1-3 second range they appear to be at now?

Given the close 50/50 vote, thank you for making an executive decision and moving forward.

Well Hot stones be make able or well we have to buy them or get them like rosto stones?

I don't think they will be makable. Maybe drops and harvesting events.

I liek this idea but instead of getting one you should get two and on harvesting events you get 4 ^^

with point 3. you mean the spells like stun/paralyze?

and will the life helm/mana helm be less expensive?

making it less expensive wil make more players want one and not only uber strong players wil have one then.

(75k sounds reasonable to me)

hope you can do something with it ;)

with point 3. you mean the spells like stun/paralyze?

and will the life helm/mana helm be less expensive?

making it less expensive wil make more players want one and not only uber strong players wil have one then.

(75k sounds reasonable to me)

hope you can do something with it ;)

I agree

but more like 70k