Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EngelNacht

Devoid of Happiness

A sharp streak of irridescent lightning danced through the sky and penetrated the dark Forest of the Fall below for a split second; though a split second was all that was needed to illuminate the preternatural eyes of Engel Nacht as she sat nervously upon her prancing onyx equine. With a curse, she pulled gently though hastily upon the leather black reins and urged her horse into a swift canter; the trees lashing and biting at her delicate pale skin; the leaves tangling and pulling at her long crimson hair. Just as she had expected, the thundering hooves of her hunters' steeds echoed throughout the forest, closing in on her from three cursed directions. She had no choice but to spin her steed around and gallop through the dense trails to the northern edge of the forest. Just as she neared the trail to Tarsengaard, her body wretched with an invisible force and she flew backward off of her horse. The hoofbeats of her steed faded away and the merciless rain became nothing. She stared into the eyes of fate and let her body become consumed with pain. She drifted off into darkness, and could barely feel strong rough hands picking her up and binding her arms in shackles.

"Let me the f*ck go! What in hell!? Release me!" Her screams were futile after she awoke to find that her hands were bound in irons, and her body stripped of her weapon and armor. With a growl, she lunged from her confines to a boulder and grimaced when the irons dug into her flesh..."Damn them," she whispered, her eyes searching for an answer.

If it weren't for her and her stupid desires for obtaining a horse, she wouldn't be here. That and the many other charges pressed against her- use of magic in unappropriate ways, wooing of a councilman, impersonation of a god, vampirism in public view, teasing of goblins, tavern teasing, and unlawful fights against desperate males; and that was merely during the recent month. But truly, she had to do what she had to do in order to obtain the mystical and legendary steed. It was true, she was a far better horseman than the steed's previous owner, and the equine cleary adored her. Pity that the beautiful beast was also trapped here, tethered to a boulder feet away.

"Shhh...Epona...quiet...come..." she whispered to the anxious horse, who tossed its fiery silver mane and nickered, pulling at the tether with its teeth. The horse squeeled and yanked free, shaking its onyx body and trotting over to Engel. "Come...good girl. Go and find Mortecia and warn her of my predicement, leave me, and escape." The horse nodded in acknowledgment and reared, leaping off into a swift gallop toward the east. Engel sighed, now alone, and wondered what awaited her.

((BTW, What do you mean by "please no godmoding or powerplay"))

Lan Mandragoran leered over the boulder he was lying on toward Engel Nacht, the girl that had wooed him without so much as a glance and wink. He had awoken one night to hear a horse running at top speed away from town, Lan ran to the window and looked out all he saw of the rider was the crimsion hair flowing behind her. He knew who she was, he had only spent three days and two nights with the girl, but he could now pick her out of a crowd. Lan got dressed and mounted his own steed, ready to follow her to the ends of the earth. When out of the grey morning mist seven soldiers from White Stone charged after her. Lan followed carefully. He snuck up on the guards and watched as they through bolas around Engel's mid-section and yanked her off of the horse to the ground, They were quite mean with her. "What has she done wrong? stolen a horse? Thats no reason to be so unkind." Lan's question was answered when the captain of the troops began leveling charges against her, Most of which Lan thought were trumphed up, his heart did drop a few times to hear of this girls indescrestions. Dispite what the charges said, Lan was with this girl to the end. Why did his heart have to follow so quickly? It was the same with his last girlfriends, only two and Engel in his lifetime. At 22 he was no longer a youngling, but the solders were easily ranging 28-35 in age and he knew he could not take more than three, So he waited for them to leave.

"Come...good girl. Go and find Mortecia and warn her of my predicement, leave me, and escape."

The horse left at top speed, back toward the Tirnwood Vale.

Lan crept forward toward Engel.

Edited by Brom

((if I remember right, godmoding is playing an superpowerful or undefeatable charactor. I think powerplay is saying what other ppl's charactors do?))

Edited by Dunian

Maxim Ironfist, a human master swordsman, had been walking around northern White Stone City area all day long, paying close attention to the gargoyles at the diamond mines. He liked to improve his own combat abilities and keep the miners safe at the same time.

-"Gods, am I tired..." Maxim said with a yawn while laying down in the fields.

He decided to have a walk to Vermor castle then, there were some gargoyles there as well, and maybe he would drop by Unolas' temple, one of the gods that he was following. When he was walking near south-western edge of the forests of the Fall, one of his boots' cord broke.

-"Oh, great..." he said while kneeling down to fix it. It was then when he felt a 'woosh!!' over him - "what in the...!?" he exclamated while getting up, drawing his sword and looking around him.

A beautiful horse had just jumped over him, and seemed to be hurrying towards Tirnwood vale.

-"Maybe the horseman riding it fell off in the forests" Maxim tought quickly, as he ran the opposite direction the horse went.

OOC: Well didn't know how to start exactly... so if you want me in you can make me appear in your next post :blink:

Edited by Master Maxim

The obsidian-black cloak was still as the hooded man stared at the desolate road through the downpour with his piercing gaze. He could sense that there was a presence coming, so he hid behind one of the many ruins in the Forset of Fall. He then saw an ebony horse plow through the gray haze, ridden by a young girl. He watched as she was knocked down by some magic of a hostile source which he saw as a red flash. His eyes opened fully, and he raced out to help her, whilst thinking "Is this the girl I've been searching for...?" But he froze and doged behind a tree as a group of soldiers captured her. A little later, he saw a boy of only 22 pass by, running. "Is that-" He then ran off, towards those that could be his ultimate doom or his great salvation.