Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New client test

Well everything works for me though I'm using some probably outdated drivers.

2,4 GHz PIV-HT and Radeon 9200 SE AGP card here.

However, the shield textures are heavily misplaced (only 1/3 of my shield is covered with a proper texure) and while wearing torso and pants, i can still see a little stripe from my shirt underneath, it happens while using both new exes.

I'll install newer drviers and get back here tomorrow.

EDIT: Yup, you were right, the textures are now ok, seems i'm not a experienced WinRar user.

Edited by Ulrih

It's also a little bit annoying that you can't see people/animals/monster that are a little farther from you but are still in the window, you only can see them when you come closer, but like when I kill an animal and run away from it, I can see the deathbag on the ground but not the dead body of the animal ...

Sometimes i can't trade npcs and have to relog and then it's ok.

Edited: The same with players.

Edited by NitageR

on lower resolutions the new client is almost twice as fast (FPS) than the old one. On 1280x1024x32 they are about the same (with all shadows, reflections etc. turned off).

I am using AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 768MB, NVidia GeForce2 400 MX,

I have ZEP's daily linux cvs build..

It is kind of different, i can't really say if it's faster or slower, but i have big issue with NPCs, almost every storage npc is detected as Beaver, and i can only "eye" the npc and attack it..

relogging sometimes help to solve the issue, and sometimes (more often) not..

i'm sticking to old binary for the time being.

Same problem with NPC's here and im running the lastest self compiled CVS client.

And the reflections on water are broken, or, at least look a little bit strange, flickering. But i updated my drivers for my NVIDIA graphics card too 2 days ago, so im not really sure who to blame for that.

Piper

Same problem with NPC's here and im running the lastest self compiled CVS client.

And the reflections on water are broken, or, at least look a little bit strange, flickering. But i updated my drivers for my NVIDIA graphics card too 2 days ago, so im not really sure who to blame for that.

Piper

I had that flickering too on older cvs. Its the wave effect. When i toggled frame buffer support, it worked. On the cvs im using now. 20051226 22:00, its working.

The gfx i have is Nvidia 6600 GT.

Sometimes i can't trade npcs and have to relog and then it's ok.

Edited: The same with players.

I have this problem too, but I'm not using the test client. Molgor and William are especially bad - often can't get a speak icon at all. Sometimes I get an attack icon instead (yep, I made sure I hadn't accidentally hit the attack button). Also had some problems getting a trade icon on other players (and them with me).

Right-clicking to cycle through icons never works. Logging off and on doesn't always work (about 50/50). However, taking a step and trying again always fixes the problem (so far, at least).

Also, recently did a storage trade at Grim's. Everything worked fine until we both hit Accept, then we got "Trade session failed. XXX can't carry all the items." (XXX = the other character). We were both almost on top of Grim, so proximity to storage wasn't the issue. We tried a few times, even stepping around a bit, then gave up and went to trade at VOTD (worked fine there). Don't know if that's related.

Anyway, sorry to throw in an off-topic post; just wanted to let you know that this bug isn't exclusive to the test client.

Using CVS from around 22:00 CEST 26'th December with the following options:

OPTIONS=-DBSD -DELC -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DNETWORK_THREAD -DNEW_WEATHER -DNEW_TEX -DANTI_ALIAS -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER -DUSE_LISPM -DWIDGETS_FIX -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX -DNEW_FRUSTUM

When i use NEW_FRUSTUM, lots of 3D objects dissapear. If i turn the view, they can come back. I can't harvest anything.

Interaction with NPC's and other players work though.

The -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX Fixed that problem for me.

As for me, I can run with the NEW_FRUSTUM But my FPS Drop drastically. I do love however that we can see forever. Without NEW_FRUSTUM I run at about 20-30FPS. With NEW_FRUSTUM enabled it depends on which direction I am looking, how much is being rendered. If I face the outside of a map or I am in a corner my FPS will skyrocket to 60ish. But, If I am in the corner looking toward the opposite corner, I am rendering the maximum amount and my FPS can drop as low as 4.

Also, If I run over to lakeside I can see the smoke particles from the fires from a very long distance and they do not look good. Im not sure if you can set this up, but disable rendering particles unless within a certain radius of the player. I think this NEW_FRUSTUM would look fabulous on a high-end graphics card though.

Note: "-DMINIMAP_ds" you complied with. I have been compiling with "-DMINIMAP" Is there a difference?

Edited by Brom

FreeBSD-Makefile already in CVS? Would be a good testcase on my Sempron 2800+, 1024 Mb, GeForce4 MX400...

I play with the Windows testclient on XP the whole day there wasnt any problem.

Even trading with Molgor works fine now for me. And it chrashed only once today :hiya:

Brought up one lvl in craft, def and potion.

Im using p3 with nvidia 5200 FX.

But now I want to harvest coal in diamond cave (WSC), the rock near the entry comes and goes with the light is changing. I mean when its dark the rock cant be seen only the coal, and when it turned to bright the rock appeared.