Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

More health?

I'm not a fighter... but isn't there a cap on how many rounds of fighting earn you defense xp? I seem to remember there was a limit like 12 rounds or something.

If we increase health by 1.5, it seems like we'd just have more and more people breaking away from fights once the defense xp capped. And there would be less chance of one player in a player-vs-player training of dieing. Great for fighters to have less risk, but doesn't that make a skill (fighting) that already gives double xp (they earn xp in both attack and defense) even easier for them? Where's the challange or skill in it?

14 rounds, actually. BTW, no way can this significantly increase xp (slightly, yes), but you have to remember that it has gotten harder to train (and more expensive) with the cooldown. Anyway, if you risk dying while pvp training, you're not doing something correctly. :D

It really doesn't matter to me how this goes, since it pretty much preserves the status quo... what I'd like would we curved level effects in combat. (So that having greater numbers counts for more than a distraction).

***The above post is opinion only.***

Edited by crusadingknight

i know i posted earier its a bad idea, i still think its a bad idea, yesterday a friend wearing a helm of life, (60's a/d low p/c), was fighting another friend (high 80's high p/c) without the helm of life, both had serps and mirrors, the only problem is that mr 60's won because it was extremely easy for him to restore even around 50-100 health(60's a/d with low pc wins), i really dont get all these changes, pking should be challenging, not making it easier, if anything i like it harder.

edit* pretty soon we'll all have 1000hp!!! huray!....*note the sarcasm

Edited by PuNa

And there would be less chance of one player in a player-vs-player training of dieing. Great for fighters to have less risk, but doesn't that make a skill (fighting) that already gives double xp (they earn xp in both attack and defense) even easier for them? Where's the challange or skill in it?

just in my opinion, it might help make the game more fast pace...you know make it a little bit more exciting. so when you have like 300k exp to go through it's not like...ack!! i'm going to be stuck on this lvl forever!!! :D

i get those days...i don't know about anyone else...

-Kat

just in my opinion, it might help make the game more fast pace...you know make it a little bit more exciting. so when you have like 300k exp to go through it's not like...ack!! i'm going to be stuck on this lvl forever!!! :D

i get those days...i don't know about anyone else...

-Kat

So we slowed down the makers (craft, manu, pot, alch) and speed up teh fighters. Great, that only widens the already off-balanced chasm between fighters and makers

So we slowed down the makers (craft, manu, pot, alch) and speed up teh fighters. Great, that only widens the already off-balanced chasm between fighters and makers

Ahhh, but one of the point of the various cooldown threads is that we haven't slowed down craft/manu/pot/alch. With the mix times reduced to 1-2 seconds for everything, and by using FPs, many of those skills are now making things faster than they did before the cooldown. So the only down-side appears to be a slightly higher production cost due to the FPs.

So I don't think we've slowed them down any. In fact, we may have sped them up and increased the flow of products into the market. Which makes me wonder: just how is it that the cooldown is reducinig supply and helping the economy? :P

In fact, we may have sped them up and increased the flow of products into the market. Which makes me wonder: just how is it that the cooldown is reducinig supply and helping the economy? :P

That's what you're supposed to tell us in an essay :ph34r:

My first post was in favor of this, but now that I've been thinking about it, I'm not so sure. It puts players that put most of their (or all of) pp into phys at a huge advantage to those who put them mostly in coord. I really do like the current system, there's nothing wrong with it. If something's not broke, don't fix it :lol:

personally, I'd like more than 1.5x... but yes, I'd like this. the fights are too short and especially for those with a higher ping, there's not much chance to use strategy

P.S. We might have to adjust the damage of the animals though, since we want this feature mainly for PvP not for easier killing the monsters.

why? just increase their health the same way. the fight is longer, but the match-up is the same

100% agree!

Higher MP and range weapons are the best changes I would like to see in this game.

Both would make fighting much more interesting and tactical...