Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

More health?

Oh, yeah, just looked over the formulas again. Anyway, like you said, that 0.5 is not goign to make a huge difference, specially on really high levels.

i like this idea, but still think something needs to be done to summoning, and that is the only skill that got hit bad in the new cooldown system has has no way of working around it, as there is no alternatives to sr's. And summoning was one skill that helped drain cash/items out of them game.

Ok, sorry about my short rant, earlier. now that I've had time for cooldown :) , I really like the current material point formula and do not want to see it changed. If you don't like the change that cooldown had on fighting, then change how cooldown negatively affects fighting. Please don't complicate the problem my making more changes that could adversly affect other aspects of the game.

Guest stalag

The problem can be solved with helm of life...put in unbrekable and the problem is solved without more complications.

Erm, my 2 cents...

I allready have 205hp, soon i will have more once i'm done with some PPs assigning..

I don't like the idea of higher OA lvls getting less increacement, becaouse we should not be "punished" for the work we invest in our char, u play and u will have the same amount one day.

The hp increacement sounds more like a try to balance the game out more, to somewhat decrease the edgyness of dissrings cooldown times.

I don't have any objection to it, but i don't mind staying how it is, becouse if you will adjust the dmg that monsters deal, then it really affects only pk-ing, and not in such a big way, as some might think at first.

Will the animals/monster have only higher dmg, or will their health be increased also?

and slight offtopic:

p.s. some1 wrote that Helm of Life and manas should be unbreakable items, i kind of agree, would make ppl really want one.

Edited by crus

Well thats it lets throw another wrench into the EL machine, I mean you already threw in a toolbox with the cooldown why stop now.

:icon13:

nah i dont like this idea

helm of life is enought for pk

Agreed. :)

Increasing the health of all the players is either going to mean re writing the animal and monster stats, or leaving them as is and so making them all easier. Also with more HP it is going to be harder for a newbie to get back to full health. at 60 MP they are going to need 2 or 3 body rests to recover health, not to mention a lot of heal spells. Once you get restore it doesn't make a lot of diffrence, and would actually make the spell much more useful to more people at a lower level. It sounds like a good idea, just not sure of all the effects.

How about boosting the mana as well ( I know already suggested on this thread.) but it sounds like a good idea. Would help PvP (more mana to do spells) as well as summoning as well.

I also doesnt like the idea. It would be easier to change cd lenght of srs and diss rings. Helm of life already gives more than enough mp.

And about helm of life. I think i SHOULD be breakable otherwise in few months everybody will have one and it will no longer be unique item.

I think this needs to be done with everything, to make it so there can be more armor/weapons with a greater range of damage/defense.

sounds like there is a lot of cunfusion going on in this thread...

by the sound of it, entropy wants to increase the health everything have by 50%.

so that if you now have 100, after the change you have 150.

am i right, entropy?

i thought that both monsters and characters used the same formulas for calculating their stats. if so then this change will affect both characters and monsters.

by the sound of it, entropy worrys what this will do to the leveling of combat skills (given that people allready gear down on attack weapons to max the amount of attack xp they can get from a single monster).

in the end its hard to tell how it will affect everything.

but like roja says, it may well open up the room for more weapons now that the high end weapons may not be so high end any longer :)

I dont not like the idea, I just dont think its the most effective way of prolonging pk'ing, as this change would affect everyone, pk'ers or not.

Why not just reduce the damage of all the current weapons, and when you bring in new weapons they will deal more damage, but only similar to what you'd get with a serp or titanium axe currently. You could also improve the current sets of armour in the game. Maybe add a new high-priced medallion that offers +8 armour etc.

You could add magic spells that act as buffs in a pk map, and only work in a pk map (may have to be limited to kf - the spells could be abused in tirnym/tahraji with chims and fluffies etc).. extra armour spells, or defense, that last about 10 seconds.

On a side note, a temporary fix for summoning, and keeping you on the healthy side during invasions, pk'ing etc, would be to give us the ability to make Greater Healing pots and Extra Mana pots. You can always add another rare MP and EP pot later in the game after other changes, that provide 100 MP or EP.

I agree with gunslinger, wouldn't it be easier if greater mana and healing potions could be made?

I'm not a high ranking summoner but I do enjoy summoning, having to wait on the cool down period of

sr's really cut the fun back on it.

While I'm not denying more health would be fun, I do think that it would take a huge adjustment to

quite a few objects, like monsters, weapons aso. And it still would leave the summoners that use

they're summoned animals for fighting behind, having to wait, while fighters have the extra advantage.

But on the whole, I think the health at this point is fine the way it is, I'd rather see something implemented

to help the setback on skills, like summoning, it had already taken a big blow with the feasting potions

being made out of meat, which is one of the main ingredients all summoners try to get as much as possible

off.

i can only agree if coord and other attrib. would also be put in consideration for that raise...

So what u say is better reset and put everything in phy now? to have more hp with the double stuff? not fair to whom have spend the pp not knowing this cuz with this new info some changes would apply in spending the pp.

no cuz with coord you hit them more and dodge em more then with massive physique so you still have a good chance to kill the physique beasts :>

and i think this is a great idea :(

implement ASAP pls :):):):):):)

I do like the idea of increased health, but if I had to choose I would vote to increase etheral points instead. I am more of a summoner than anything (lvl 39) and I have tried my hardest to form a new strategy with summoning, but I just can't. So I say either raise both health and etheral, or just raise etheral.

Edited by LadyWolf

I'm not a fighter... but isn't there a cap on how many rounds of fighting earn you defense xp? I seem to remember there was a limit like 12 rounds or something.

If we increase health by 1.5, it seems like we'd just have more and more people breaking away from fights once the defense xp capped. And there would be less chance of one player in a player-vs-player training of dieing. Great for fighters to have less risk, but doesn't that make a skill (fighting) that already gives double xp (they earn xp in both attack and defense) even easier for them? Where's the challange or skill in it?

I think this needs to be done with everything, to make it so there can be more armor/weapons with a greater range of damage/defense.

Yes exactly, without higher mp there can't be much difference in weapon/armor stats... You can only now let the damage fluctuate between low damagepoints because of low health ...

So i'm a supporter of this idea, and maybe it might be doubled ... Like we get 5mp per 2 phys now (or will) we can get 5mp per physique (or will)

:(:):):):)

i think it is a great idea, but i totally agree with piper.

i came into the game and i loved it and i still do but why make changes when the game was just fine without them???? :D:confused::confused::confused:

but what about this makes the game better :icon14:

the last invasion we had i went to and well i killed 13 female orces 5 armed goblins and 3 male ogers.

when i was fighing the three ogers they were attacking me at once and i managed to kill 2 of them but the third 1 i had no more mana points and then i used a SR and went to 22 mana but couldn't click another SR again cause of cooldown, but i was lucky a nother person helped me kill it.

ALL I REALLY WANT IS THE OLD E.L. BACK :mellow:

all i ask is the cooldown not stop but make it speed it up -_- -_- -_-

otherwize i think it is A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it logic you get killed when a lot of monsters attack you ? I think it is quite boring when you kill all monsters each time in each invasion ... isn't it more fun when you survived the invasion when it was really difficult ? :D

why does it make invasions easier?

Entropy said that monsters will do more dmg when they increase health so it won't make it any easier