Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Draym

Weapon holding/drawing

Well this is a simple proposal that won't add much to the gameplay itself... but will just look cool :w00t:

As well as we have the sit down/get up command, that is useless but looks nice for roleplaying, we could add another one that would allow us to hold back or draw our weapons if we have one equipped. That way, if you equip a sword, you can choose to put it away to your belt and draw it later, just the same way you sit down/get up (with a button in your toolbar or a shorcut like Alt+(something)). If you're caught in a battle while having your weapon held in your waist, it would automatically be drew, to be put away again after the battle.

This will add a bit more roleplaying to the game, will look great and specially if you make each kind of weapon look different: swords will be held downwards with the hilt up, hammers and axes will hang from the belt attached to it by their handle, staffs could be put on the back or the character could use them to walk (or disable the put away command to this kind of weapon). Shields could be left on the player's left arm or put on their backs, not sure about this point.

Well so, what do you think? I really think it would look nice :)

Maxim Ironfist

Edited by Master Maxim

If you're caught in a battle while having your weapon held in your waist, it would automatically be drew, to be put away again after the battle.

better do it like that you can choose yourself. like if you are training on some kind of monster, you can draw your sword with some kind of command quickly, this is handy when you are about to die, and this will save you a slot in your inventory that you can now use for 1 more srs :)

and make shields appear on your back :w00t: that would look way cool.

It is a visual addition, and I do not think it is high on the list of things to do, but yes animations will be included in the game. I love the idea of being able to have your character run with a shield on his back and a sword in a sheath, then get to combat and pull them out and in the ready position. I love the idea, but I think its a bit far away at this point.

animations would allso be nice for stuff like magic, harvesting and other activity. it would bring the world to life a bit more.

but there is only roja, and right now she wants to put more monsters and similar into the game.

have patience, i belive it will come, in time...

Highly unlikely to ever happen.

I chose to make you hold the weapons the way you do, so they can be visible when equiped.

Who says it has to be placed in a sheath? It could just be stored away in your belt, sheathless

ah, your refering to the kind of weapon. as in, people can tell that your carrying a sword, but cant tell if its a iron short or a titanium serp with thermal :P

how about not using sheaths but belt loops?

that way the blade is fully visible ;)

(ill see if i can dig up a refrence)

hell, there is no need for extra models or skins with those. just a extra attachment point for the weapons and shields.

if wielding a sword or similar short weapon it will be placed at the hip when idle. shields and larger weapons (staffs mostly) would be placed on the back.

That's basically what I said in a more detailed form >_>

and i started to write it before you posted. only that i didnt post it at ones as i went looking for a page refrence.

base i can come up with is http://www.myarmory.com

nice place to look for general inspiration when it comes to modeling diffrent stuff ;)

edit:

hrmf, best i can find is something that seems the be known as "frog".

basicly a construction in leather that would hold both the sword and the scabbard/sheath at the same time, allowing them to be removed without the need to remove the whole belt (just just disconnected/removed them from the frog).

im guessing that maybe a person would put a sword without a scabbard/sheath in there in desperation, but i cant find any refrence to it being done. atleast not so far.

Edited by duran

un the quantrar the sheath is like a second part of the sword it-self so how can i sword be hidden in itself?

:P

The BLADE is hidden by the SHEATH, if it's a full sheath.

Now i'm locking this thread because you're just asking stupid questions now, and I already said it won't EVER HAPPEN!