Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nati

Compiling with Linux

I'm the leader of the French version of the game (as Entropy called me :blink: ) and I'm currently trying to compile the client under Linux for the release of the game in two days.

I asked to a friend to help me but in order to make the linux release, he needs some static libraries. Could someone help me and send me those files (linux version)?

libs/libSDL_net.a

libs/libSDL.a

libs/libopenal.a

libs/libvorbisfile.a

libs/libvorbis.a

libs/libogg.a

libs/libxml2.a

libs/libcal3d.a

libs/libpng.a

libs/libasound.a

It would help me a lot and I should be able to make happy some linux french users who're dreaming of a free linux game :D

Hoping someone really kind is going to answer, thanks a lot.

Nati

mj@landes-eternelles.com

Are you 100% you have the libs (and development libs) installed. If so, aren't these available in /usr/lib or /lib?

You might wanna try:

find / -iname *SDL*.a

That should produce a list of the SDL files you mention (obviously replace SDL with the others, eg png and asound, alternatively search for .a).

You'll probably need to copy these to a local static directory under your source directory for safety.

Actually, the linux distribution of the guy who helps me doesn't integrate those static libraries (it's only integrating dynamic libraries). So, they are'nt available on the computer he is using and it's why we are looking for the .a files.

Are you 100% you have the libs (and development libs) installed. If so, aren't these available in /usr/lib or /lib?

You might wanna try:

find / -iname *SDL*.a

That should produce a list of the SDL files you mention (obviously replace SDL with the others, eg png and asound, alternatively search for .a).

You'll probably need to copy these to a local static directory under your source directory for safety.

Hmm, I would check the licensing issues before doing a compile with static libraries...

I can supply them, And even do a staticly linked binary, Is the source basicly the same just with the translation xml's?

As long as the originating source is open, And correct documentation is added.

Also Rogue will have to aprove it to be hosted the zep.tfm.ro, but i carnt see why it would be to much of an issue.

If the source is modified, direct me to the location, either full source or a patch is fine, and ill set up an automated build for it.

If all goes well maybe i could get someone to translate the current page into french, So then your users could read it and use it.

That's really kind from u Zep. Actually, the source is not completely the same, several changes were done in some .c files. Is it ok for you if I just give you a link where an archive with all our sources can be downloaded? We haven't a public CVS yet.

I can supply them, And even do a staticly linked binary, Is the source basicly the same just with the translation xml's?

As long as the originating source is open, And correct documentation is added.

Also Rogue will have to aprove it to be hosted the zep.tfm.ro, but i carnt see why it would be to much of an issue.

If the source is modified, direct me to the location, either full source or a patch is fine, and ill set up an automated build for it.

If all goes well maybe i could get someone to translate the current page into french, So then your users could read it and use it.

Sure, if you need them to remain private pm me the links.

better throw in a server address to so i can test it, make sure its working before i add it to the automation.