Eternal Lands Official Forums
Gravito

To the hesitaters (of cooldown and other features)

I want to say, the cooldown isnt the best thing that have happened to this game. But it happened, and im really glad it did, you know why? Im glad because something happens at all with this game. Im glad I have to focus on the gameplay and use my brain to get the best experience out of it. I love the click - click, but I also love that I have to change that from time to time.

For me, every change is good. I think few of all you complainers actually have played another game as long as you have played this game. Think about it, I know I havent.

I love it, I love everything, I love this game. I evolve as this game does and if you cant, play another game!

/The relentless Eternal Land fan - Gravito

Edited by Gravito

You are lucky to use your brain for to get best exp in spite of cooldown because the ONLY thing I can do, when I summon, is to watch a clock on a potion of srs.

I cant see your stat, so I cant to judge your game... your evolution.

Blodoks

Well thats to bad... for you.

And never judge by stats, despite u cant see them. Im playing my third char now. From the 3/3 a/d beginning.

One problem maybe is that old players look too much to past and cant develop themselves when game develops. One of the most interesting and cool thing is also "#reset" which makes it possible that u dont have to start new character to balance your attributes for different gameplay. Summoners sure has now difficult but someone maybe would say that at least for powersummoners etheral points (from wil and vitality) are the most important feature. i dont use my 320 mana for summonig but it only would let me summon 20 wolfs if it still takes 16 mana and also can use fr and maybe sit under mana rain..well..but a lot will also has its disadvantages sure.

For new players who enter EL it can be interesting if they are looking for challenge more than just hit and slash type gameplay.

lol its only your 3rd? :)

yes he lvls them unlike u buying chars lol

LoL!

He baught a cr@p char then :icon4:

lol its only your 3rd? :)

yes he lvls them unlike u buying chars lol

LoL!

He baught a cr@p char then :D

Well some people aren't good in anything :hehe:

Now there's a subject I never expected to see hijacked!

I agree with Gravito, and I hate change. I bitched at first, but found some workarounds and adjusted some goals. Cooldown could be tweaked, hopefully will, but it works.

I'd rather worry myself about pick points and how long it takes to collect them now that my skill levels are around 100k exp apart. I'm harvesting my virtual fingers virtually to the virtual bone!

Words from RUSH - CIRCUMSTANCES came immediately to mind...

Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

A boy alone, and so far from home

Endless rooftops from my window

I felt the gloom of empty rooms

On rainy afternoons

Sometimes, in confusion

I felt so lost and disillusioned

Innocence gave me confidence

To go up against reality

All the same

We take our chances

Laughed at by time

Tricked by circumstances

Plus ça change

Plus c’est la même chose

The more that things change

The more they stay the same

Now I’ve gained some understanding

Of the only world that we see

Things that I once dreamed of

Have become reality

These walls that still surround me

Still contain the same old me

Just one more who’s searching for

A world that ought to be

No flaming please for my Old School music references because "B-B-B-Baby, you ain't seen nothin' yet!"

now about cooldown mabe what this game need is a magor resset. then all cooldown lovers would be realy on the same adge as cooldown haters. i am curios how long it would take to anyone to get magic 40 with cooldown or manual 40? 1month? 1 year? 2 years? or we all go to create fighters only? howmany old players would left for a chalandge? and how many go to vote to MOGD for EL being a best game?

PS. its so cool

Edited by Tenj

now about cooldown mabe what this game need is a magor resset. then all cooldown lovers would be realy on the same adge as cooldown haters. i am curios how long it would take to anyone to get magic 40 with cooldown or manual 40? 1month? 1 year? 2 years? or we all go to create fighters only? howmany old players would left for a chalandge? and how many go to vote to MOGD for EL being a best game?

PS. its so cool

Once the game is done there is going to be a new server. No data from chars or guilds will pass by. That is your chance.

EDIT: Ahh heres the link.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...opic=20717&st=0

Tada!

Edited by sparhawk

What will be, will be. I think to myself that if I came across EL for the first time today, the cooldowns would just be another aspect of the game. The only clue I would have that this is not so, is the complaining in channels about it.

As a rule, I'm a pessimist. That's why I try to think optimistically (????) Here's a lyrical motto that perks me up which I stole from the Grateful Dead:

"Lost my boots in transit, babe,

Pile of smokin' leather.

Nailed a retread to my feet,

And prayed for better weather....."

On rainy afternoons

Sometimes, in confusion

To go up against reality

All the same

We take our chances

Laughed at by time

Tricked by circumstances

Plus ça change

Plus c’est la même chose

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

No flaming please for my Old School music references because "B-B-B-Baby, you ain't seen nothin' yet!"

how very freaking nice, i have been looking for a song refrence with those words all these years after i read the shadworun second edition novel with the title of plus ca change. si so love that expression :)

I want to say, the cooldown isnt the best thing that have happened to this game. But it happened, and im really glad it did, you know why? Im glad because something happens at all with this game. Im glad I have to focus on the gameplay and use my brain to get the best experience out of it. I love the click - click, but I also love that I have to change that from time to time.

For me, every change is good. I think few of all you complainers actually have played another game as long as you have played this game. Think about it, I know I havent.

I love it, I love everything, I love this game. I evolve as this game does and if you cant, play another game!

1. That "click click" still took FOREVER to level your skills with, and now that the cooldown is in place you have to be a 12 year old kid who doesnt go to school and has nothing to do but play el in order to level ANYTHING not just summoning, it has ruined alchemy, magic and manufacturing as well.

2. How exactly does cooldown make you use your brain? So you have to buy a few feasting potions now in order to make any ess or armor.... wow must have took you a long time to puzzle out that one.

3. And you are quite wrong I play MANY games: Guild Wars, DAOC, WOW, Call of Duty, and not to mention all the non, online games such as ninja gaiden and fable.

Rabid el fan, even more rabid protester of this uneeded cooldown feature.-Rasberrybeard

Edited by rasberrybeard

Guest Barglord

On rainy afternoons

Sometimes, in confusion

To go up against reality

All the same

We take our chances

Laughed at by time

Tricked by circumstances

Plus ça change

Plus c’est la même chose

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

If you think your old school you'll think I'm anciant, I like classical and Baroque era music! *long gasp*

I don't really mind cooldown much

1. That "click click" still took FOREVER to level your skills with, and now that the cooldown is in place you have to be a 12 year old kid who doesnt go to school and has nothing to do but play el in order to level ANYTHING not just summoning, it has ruined alchemy, magic and manufacturing as well.

2. How exactly does cooldown make you use your brain? So you have to buy a few feasting potions now in order to make any ess or armor.... wow must have took you a long time to puzzle out that one.

3. And you are quite wrong I play MANY games: Guild Wars, DAOC, WOW, Call of Duty, and not to mention all the non, online games such as ninja gaiden and fable.

Rabid el fan, even more rabid protester of this uneeded cooldown feature.-Rasberrybeard

posts like this makes me wonder if not eternal lands should have gone the way of guild wars. 2 "servers". one where you have to spend time leveling, one where you can powerlevel your way into "heaven"...

the problem realy is amount of content. right now el do not realy have much. therefor the xp system have to be streched to make use of what there allready is.

still, entropy have said that the xp values of diffrent actions will change. the thing is that this shakedown month will pinpoint areas (like summoning) where things have to change, vs say manufacturing where people can space out what they are doing by doing harvesting in the cooldown periods and so on.

what the cooldown have done is put a bit of dent in the "factorys", mostly guild fueld, that could just sit and make stuff 24/7. as least as long as they try to fuel it with free food, like fruit and vegies...

what the cooldown have done is put a bit of dent in the "factorys", mostly guild fueld, that could just sit and make stuff 24/7. as least as long as they try to fuel it with free food, like fruit and vegies...

This is true, and it has done that! Of course, there are still ways around cooldown that can keep production going. I'm just not interested in finding them at this point.

sure there are ways, only fools belive in the foolproof system :hehe:

thing is that you have to either add more people doing production or more people doing gathering (like say taking large amounts of gold to get feasting potions) and with more people comes more work for the people organizing the whole thing.