Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Items cooldown test

An item cooldown activates when it is used, not when it works. So if you don't want a cooldown for diss rings while being used out of the battle, well, don't use them out of the battle.

Ok, anyone else having the problem Aislin has?

Yes, I have the exact same problem that she described (tested this morning).

Edit: A screenie:

http://web.mit.edu/user/a/m/amynar/Public/EL/cooldownbug.PNG

Holy crap, does that mean, even a skunk hat has a cooldown now? :P

I would blame your windows clients for that, i am using a CVS client which is a few weeks old and i see a blue cooldown.

Aisy, tanni, you are using the last official windows client, right?

Piper

I have the client from the download page.

Version 1.1.2 Beta

And yes that's what happens to me...I have the red, and other items get the red film over them.

The problem seems to be with the color not being rested, as someone else mentioned. But it seems it happens only on some video cards? It doesn't happen on my videocard (ATI Mobility Radeon 9600)

Edit: I actually have 3 different pc's/laptops, here are the results and corresponding video cards:

mobility radeon 7500 (laptop): No problem, everything seems to work as it's supposed to. (OpenGL 1.3.3842)

Nvidia GeForce2 mx/mx 400: No problem either (OpenGL 1.4.1)

Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family: This is the one with the problem I mentioned. I also notice that every time I log in on this pc a cooldown starts on all items. It's strange, EL runs great otherwise on this. (OpenGL 1.4.0)

I have the client from the download page.

Version 1.1.2 Beta

And yes that's what happens to me...I have the red, and other items get the red film over them.

same thing with me.

I have NVIDEA RIVA TNT2 64

Jez

Not sure if this belongs here or what, but noticed another bug on the test server:

There appears to be a bug in still hearing local chat from a map you just left when you change maps.

First, I noticed this when I was talking to bkc56 at VotD, and then I beamed. I could still hear him in local, even though he remained at Molgor. He said he couldn't hear my local, though. Also, I think someone came up and talked to him after I left, but I couldn't hear them.

Then, I had Dunian beam from Molgor while I sat there - he could hear me in local, and so could GaI, who had ringed out to Naralik. I could hear neither of them.

Then, I used a portal room tp spell while they remained at Molgor, and I could hear them all while I was in the portal room.

Last, Dunian noticed that he heard GaI and bkc in KF. when they used the sign. (He'd have to give you details on that one.)

I entered KF from VoTD, heard GaI and bkc56, then exited. After I went back into VoTD, I still heard them in local.

Later I went in again, and after some testing, they exited into VoTD. I talked alittle in local, and they both heard me.

I thought perhaps "local chat" was world-wide on the test server, until we realized that it wasn't working 2-way with everyone. So there is some kind of a problem over there (test server).

Ok, anyone else having the problem Aislin has?
yes, it's the same one I posted up above

Holy crap, does that mean, even a skunk hat has a cooldown now? :)
no :P it's because the colour isn't reset
I would blame your windows clients for that, i am using a CVS client which is a few weeks old and i see a blue cooldown.
in the last release it was red. since then, it as changed to blue. the actual bug, of the colour not being reset, is(or was yesterday when I saw it) still there

The problem seems to be with the color not being rested, as someone else mentioned. But it seems it happens only on some video cards? It doesn't happen on my videocard (ATI Mobility Radeon 9600)
integrated intel i810... maybe it's an OpenGL thing?

in the last release it was red. since then, it as changed to blue. the actual bug, of the colour not being reset, is(or was yesterday when I saw it) still there

For me it was ok yesterday. Only the items which i used were colored blue, not the others.

Im using a NVIDIA 6600 or such graphics card.

Piper

Just very little problem which I just realised. When using quickbar it sometimes "resets" it direction from horizontal to vertical as just happened for me after log on. I had 4 food items on first row and quickbar did show the red cooldown curtain also vertical. But when I changed my quickbar back horisontal...the red curtains didnt follow ..so now I have quickbar horizontal but curtains of all 4 slots are still vertical. Clear enough explained..I bet not? So I still dont know how to get them back horizontal ,they still appear vertical when I eat a veggie. Not much at all problem but anyway...

poor ascii graphics example of this..:)

VeFrFeCm

/

\

|

edit..yes..dunno what the cooldown colour should be but mine is red..and not very clear..with nvidia 6600

also quickbar changing bit difficult..ctrl/shft- left click also drops or eats the veggie..;(

Edited by Ratman

I have an Intel 855 GM (with OpenGL 1.3.0) on my laptop...I'll go test it on my desktops and see if it happens there.

Edit:

With NVIDIA GeForce 5200, only the cooldown item is red. OpenGL: 1.4.0

With NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420, only the cooldown item is red. OpenGL: 1.4.0 only the cooldown item is red. OpenGL: 1.4.0

Edited by Tanyia

The bug with hearing local stuff in other maps has to do with something else (the shared vision thing). We enabled that code as well (on the test server), figuring we might want to test it too.

The color problems are because of a bug in the OpenGL implementation, as by default the textures shouldn't use a color unless told so by setting the material properties.

Did you try to update your graphic drivers?

I found two bugs with the food cooldown. Both are pretty small and don't impact gameplay, but I wanted to be thorough.

To duplicate the first one get some fruit in your inv and drop all veges. Next go to a vege patch and eat a fruit and then begin harvesting vegetables. The fruit cooldown will show up like it is supposed to but the blue won't appear on the vegetables (sometimes the blue flashes for a second and goes away) until you stop harvesting. It still won't let you eat the vegetables and trying will make the cooldown show up because it stops harvesting.

To see the second bug get some fruit and vegetables. Click the veges to eat one and both cooldowns will start, but the fruit cooldown will start with only about three fourths of the box being blue whereas the veges will start with the entire box being blue. Both cooldown in the same amount of time because the vege's cooldown will spin around faster. You can get the same bug to do something a little different by clicking the fruit. Both start again and this time they both start full. In this one the vege's cooldown will not move until the fruit's cooldown has reached the spot from the first variant of the bug (just past 3/4ths to go). On both variations of this bug, when you click both foods at the same time they will both give the same time no matter whether they are the same percentage full or not.

I am using the CVS version from 2005-12-03

Edit: I found that the second bug also applys to IP rings versus other tp rings. IP rings won't start to show the cooldown until the others have reach the halfway point.

Edited by 70347

70347 - noticed your second "bug" too, noticed it on potions as well. I chalked that one up more to just a personal preference - since they all run out at the same time, even if they appear to start at different places, I didn't think of it as a bug.

To see the second bug get some fruit and vegetables. Click the veges to eat one and both cooldowns will start, but the fruit cooldown will start with only about three fourths of the box being blue whereas the veges will start with the entire box being blue. Both cooldown in the same amount of time because the vege's cooldown will spin around faster. You can get the same bug to do something a little different by clicking the fruit. Both start again and this time they both start full. In this one the vege's cooldown will not move until the fruit's cooldown has reached the spot from the first variant of the bug (just past 3/4ths to go). On both variations of this bug, when you click both foods at the same time they will both give the same time no matter whether they are the same percentage full or not.

I am using the CVS version from 2005-12-03

Edit: I found that the second bug also applys to IP rings versus other tp rings. IP rings won't start to show the cooldown until the others have reach the halfway point.

I noticed this too, and like Arnieman, thought it was supposed to do this because the items have different cooldown speeds and it was done this way so they would all finish at the same time.

The cooldown colour "behaviour"seems first bit odd but then if u practise it a bit more ..at least I feel that there is no bug. If u eat a fruit..it will activate a 60 second cooldown for every food item. But the cooldown colour will begin to decrease different time for every different item because they have different time. Fruit begins right away..veggie after 20 mins (40 sec cooldown) and feasting potions cooldown begin to decrease after 50 seconds (10 sec cooldown). So..if u eat a fruit then u are not able to eat ANY food item before 60 seconds gone.But if u "eat" a feasting potion then u can eat a fruit after 10 seconds...though veggie seems to be better than fruit, 3 veggies give 45 food in 2 mins but 2 fruits 40 food in 2 mins..:P

At least one thing found with potions which makes things a bit easier too..for someones..coordination potion now stackable (well..if not a bug..:). More srs can be taken..though they cant anymore be drunk as soon as bottle of whískey..:D

My cooldown still red even after driver update(nvidia 6600,forceware 81.95)

Edited by Ratman

My cooldown is red, but it doesn't affect unrelated items and goes back to normal after the supposed period of time. I'm using gforce fx5200 in Linux. With the client from the webpage. The driver is the proprietary one (nvidia).

Ent--I tried updating my drivers, but it didn't fix it. Then again, I still have OpenGL 1.3.0, so I'll try getting 1.4.0 and see if it fixes it.

Ent--I tried updating my drivers, but it didn't fix it. Then again, I still have OpenGL 1.3.0, so I'll try getting 1.4.0 and see if it fixes it.

Hmmm oddly enough on my 3 test specimens, one of my pc's with the OpenGL 1.4 had the problem yet my laptop with 1.3.3842 didn't. :P

My cooldown still red even after driver update(nvidia 6600,forceware 81.95)

The cvs client has blue while the one that was distributed during the update is red. Updating the drivers was for the bug that turned everything red as I understand it.