Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New magic weapons (idea, need suggestions/feedbak)

Or just a blade that can steal things from inventory. :) Dagger of stealth. If you fight a player while using it you have a chance to take potions, HE, rings or whatever else they have in their inventory. Ohh fun.

Ack thats ebul!.

Player: where did all my stuff go!

Or just a blade that can steal things from inventory. :) Dagger of stealth. If you fight a player while using it you have a chance to take potions, HE, rings or whatever else they have in their inventory. Ohh fun.

Ack thats ebul!.

Player: where did all my stuff go!

Ha Ha it would not steal THAT much. Just a low chance to grab something from their inventory.

BP and mirrorskin cloaks have certain percentage advantages in fighting.Why not a mace/morningstar/warhammer that has a certain percentage chance of destroying a piece of your opponents armor completely.Add emu disadvantage to balance the use of it.

A sheild that has a percentage chance that if it deflects a blow,it will break or damage the opponents weapon.

Actual 2 handed sword.Attack advantage but you don't have the defense benefit of a sheild.

Wand/staff of smiteing.Like smite summon spell but does x amount of damage to opponents in the grid.Has a certain amount of uses then it breaks.

Wow sounds like a really cool idea :D Here's my suggestion: Shock blade - Has a 15% chance of hitting for the amount of Material points the wielder lost if critical (critical being the point where your hp gets under a certain %)

Edited by TheDesolator

Sword of magical immunity :D your opponent is immune to magic (including their own) for 5 secs per strike (no more restore)

Sword of knowledge - tells you your opponent's stats

Sword of combat (insert skill/stat/att) each hit increase it by 1 up to 5

sword of superior combat (insert skill/stat/att) each hit increase it by 1 up to 10

sword of combat theft (insert skill/stat/att) each hit increase it by 1 up to 5

sword of superior combat theft (insert skill/stat/att) each hit increase it by 1 up to 10

Edited by Tuver

Guest Tarikhen

How about a Joker Staff?

Currently the NPC Joker will give you one of a certain set of items if you find him... A Joker staff would have a small chance to do the same, and send the message in local rather than global...

(*) Player summoned a Joker and failed to receive a Body Restoration (he/she had no room) or

(*) Player summoned a Joker and received a bread

Sort of in the vain of some games having weapons/armour/talismans that increase the loot received from enemies.

and.... ooo first post :(

Edited by Tarikhen

weapon of disarming/disrobing - moves the opponents weapon/ peice of armour from use into their inventory, they have to open inventory up and re-equip it.

weapon of rostogol - never lose this item in a deathbag. EVER. doesnt effect other items though.

weapon of misdirection - useful when used with the invisibility rings that are planned or possibly grants invisibility as well, as this item emits a false target of the wearer, allowing eluding enemies where necessary. this item however would need to be constantly active when equipped with a percentage chance of failure for opponents that have a high perception skill.

weapon of polymorph self - effect active when equipped, changing the user into a harmless looking bunny or other such background animal. Guild tags would have to stay on though, so it appears to be a summoned bunny etc. Would allow for sneak attacks, with the weapons morphing effect de-activated once it gets in a successful hit. re-activation would occur once the item is unequipped then re-equipped. Some good strategy could be used with this one. players name would have to be changed to Brown Rabbit etc as required.

Guild slayer weapon. This is tagged on creation to be used for double damage against a random guild. once created, these weapons will get traded around til they find an owner that will find it most useful in guildwars etc. Some of these will fetch a high price, such as a sword of *CO* slaying (purely as an example, nothing personal...honest...), others will not.

Guild slayer weapon. This is tagged on creation to be used for double damage against a random guild. once created, these weapons will get traded around til they find an owner that will find it most useful in guildwars etc. Some of these will fetch a high price, such as a sword of *CO* slaying (purely as an example, nothing personal...honest...), others will not.

LMAO! :lol:

But I quite like the idea...

Guest stalag

How about a cape that would make u invisible if u don't move...great for pk maps...for a suprise attack

How about a stop time spell...great for pk maps..would allow low avatars to escape or attack higher chars without them doing much things for an amount of time

How about a true mirror cape that would mirror your avatar several times....whta's the true one?...good for pk maps...its kind of evade tatic

invisibility cape? no go, invisibility spells have allready been suggested and put on a list of things that will never be done. what makes you think a cape with the same effect have a chance?

time stop? maybe. one could allso call it snare or similar.

mirror images? someone going summon crasy is allready a clientside lag problem, i wonder what this will do...

smite summoned or heal summoned could be implemented as it affects an area directly around the spell caster (or weapon in this case)

I can think of hundreds of things magical based weapons can do but once again I would like to see a low level magic based weapon to help newbies owing that they don't get to enjoy the new toys

Maybe a weapon (a bow?) (or staff) that can be weilded that helps advance xp to a certain level say 25 a/d which would then let them attack gobs and start leveling from there

Magically blessed arrows maybe? certain arrows in a quiver of 10 or 20

a major headache for the programmers but what a great item (if they pul it off) *NB this is a dig to get you programmers riled up to start typing like crazy eg: IF what the &^%$$ does he mean IF? ^#&^ I'll show him

20 months later There I have sucessfully completed a magical quiver and bow that'll show him.........oh he's dead! DOH!!!

lol

sorry my own little tangent there for a sec

Also maybe with that mirror image thing a hit causes the attacker to disengage and as he goes to strike again he sees 10 ghost images of the same character and cant hit giving the real character time to escape

anyway think about it possibilities are endless

:P

Edited by dragonstriker

time stop? maybe. one could allso call it snare or similar.

Wouldnt that be a bit tricky on a mmorpg?

I used to play a mmorpg who had a very high level time stop spell. When a powerful wizard did that all the server stopped. A friend of mine managed to macro that spell and make the server nearly unusable for 10 mins, when he finally got banned. :)

Anyway, the spell should restricted for a particular map, or be extremly expensive, like using 10 or so Enriched Magic Essence. Itens stopping time in the whole server at a frequent basis? It's just madness.

Edited by Lorck

Axe of all enemies. Has 1 in 1000 chance of making your opponent pk-able on any map for a random duration (i.e. 1-24 hours)

or maybe just 1-30 minutes, i think that'll be more than enough :P;):)

Guest unknownsomeone

Allow me to throw some ideas in:

How about magic staffs that act as anti-staffs, canceling out the benefit of an opponent's item? For instance a staff that would make the "axe of enemies" or a variety of other items suggested above unable to affect you.

And it would be interesting to incorporate staffs which have unusual looks when worn so that your opponent has no idea what you are really using against them. For instance, they may think that you have a staff to increase mana, but it is really a staff that steals items. Perhaps this could be a rare thing when manufacturing such as an enriched essence.

What about a staff that forces cooldown upon some of your opponent's items? Make them unable to use their precious healing potions. :P Such an item could prove to turn the tide of a battle.

Such magic staffs could also backfire, causing a massive health loss, item loss, or any other kind of negative effect. That way, items don't become serpent swords and body piercing capes in that they are the only option to use.

I just though of something I reckon would be fun to play with: morphing swords

each time you remove from storage, log in, or on the new hour, the sword morphs.

you might get an iron sword, you might get a thermal serp (magic effects would obviously be rarish)(it won't actually be one of those swords, it's still the morphing, but it has the traits of that sword)

you can also add a lot of other options to what the sword can do (like the stuff above)

when in storage, they're all in the default state of 'morphing sword', so you only have 1 (or 2, damaged) storage slot used, while you have have a lot of variety in the item itself when in someone's hand

the change each hour/login/trade/pickup/withdraw means you can't expect it to stay a good weapon for a long time (though it might go from a serp to a serp of fire if you're lucky on the new hour)

you can probably expect people with one of these who want to use it to be at storage at the start of the hour, putting it in and out till it's something good :(

I think there should be a critical hit sword. Like it will be a regular attack but its critical hit will be realy big.

I may be a little late with this but here are some of my thoughts anyway :lipssealed:

I would like the creation of these magic weapons to be a crafting skill for three reasons:

1. crafting uses magic nexus.

2. there are no high level craftable items.

3. it would be nice to have more craftable items that aren't monster dropped.

Something like embedding combinations of polished gems/essences into the hilt of a regular sword. The higher level the sword the more magic it can hold and therefore the more powerful the effect.

I think that we should have magic weapons that you can throw and for a certain time noone else will be able to pick them up. Kinda like having a bow and arrow, I guess that might be hard to make but I have played other MMORPGs and they all had rangable weapons.

Just a segesstion, but give us something in return for this cooldown.

I may be a little late with this but here are some of my thoughts anyway :D

I would like the creation of these magic weapons to be a crafting skill for three reasons:

1. crafting uses magic nexus.

2. there are no high level craftable items.

3. it would be nice to have more craftable items that aren't monster dropped.

Something like embedding combinations of polished gems/essences into the hilt of a regular sword. The higher level the sword the more magic it can hold and therefore the more powerful the effect.

There could be something like modable weapon+some efes=sword of fire. (with ewe ice, eme magic, and efe+ewe thermal). Obviously the better swords need more efe. And it can be releated to crafting skill (and require high magic nexus).

I think that we should have magic weapons that you can throw and for a certain time noone else will be able to pick them up. Kinda like having a bow and arrow, I guess that might be hard to make but I have played other MMORPGs and they all had rangable weapons.

I thought about ballistic weapons too, but they would require a different combat system. As of now, players are just "in combat", sitting at the screen to see how the dices roll. Most MMORPG's I looked at had a click-n-attack kind of combat system, with the opponent automatically defending (and so on, and so forth).

Ballistic weapons (like throwable magic) would require a combat system similar to what Radu proposed in another thread. I have a lot experience with paper-n-pencil RPG's, and I think the combat system that is used with those games could be implemented in EL, without making the combat to much like "click the fastest and win!"