Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

"Land Ho!" The cry rank from one side of the ship to the other, as passengers and crew alike crowded in the fron of the ship, straining their eyes to catch a sight of land...

((I know, not too long, but it'll get us to Kasumura))

Edited by Dunian

As he saw Sora enter and poke the dead body, he barked," You, humkey! Get away from there!" The humkey screeched and left the cabin with it's poking stick. Hm... I think I'll go poke one of those gnome fellows she thought as she scurried off to poke another person. Dark got up, and out of his cloak he took a bottle. In the bottle there was a green, bubbling liquid. There was a cork on top in the shape of a skull. He unscrewed the cork and poured no more than a drop on her cold lips. He then took his seat again...

As Zelse made his way to the cabin that Kendai was in he saw a humkey sreech past him in a big rush. "Hahaha humkies... gotta love their curiousity." said Zelse as he made his way into the cabin. He heard a sailors yelling "Land Ho" and "Land ahoy!" but he was not concerned, he felt safe on this ship and knew that their was still a few injured people who needed his attention, but Kendai was first. "Oh man! i've never seen a Orchan so white, it makes my robes look black." said Zelse as he shivered, "SHE is Kendai, SHE is turning into a undead, and who do you think you are coming in here?" It was Dark Nightmare, and Zelse's first reaction was to fight the hidious looking undead that startled him, Zelse had no weapons with him exept for his bare hands and essences but that was all that he needed. Then the undead said "I'm not here to hurt you, im here to help," but Zelse's fear of undead from the pirate ship didn't give him a reason to think twice so he made a protection spell to guard himself, "Stop before I have to hurt you!" said Dark Nightmare.

((OOC: someone can take over what happens here lol))

He saw as Zelse cast a protection spell. "Stop it!" Dark despised magic. Not in the way dwarves did, or at least people say some of them did, but in a way as to magic disturbed him, seriously. When he used magic, it was okay, but certain magics irritated him. Without thinking, he protruded a night-black staff with a dark violet orb at the end. He pointed it at Zelse, and it started glowing with a brilliance that made all other light sources look like a shadow.

Zelse felt the darkness surrounding him, so he made his protection spell grow brighter and brighter as if it were the last light of hope, but he would not hold out for long, the staffs powers gave Dark Nightmare the advantage also Zelse was unarmed. Dark Nightmare's eyes winced at the brightening light made by Zelse and Dark Nightmare shot a sort of fire spell at him which didn't penetrate the sheild. Then Kendai started shaking...

Dark suddenly snapped out and lowered his staff. "Quick!" He rushed over to the corpse of Kendai and took out his vial. He dropped another drip of the green liquid on her lips. She gave a sudden jerk, and then fell silent and motionless again. He himself collapsed to the floor, making small murmurings. He felt a surge of pain, and then settled down. He layed on the ground, motionless.

((Im in a very Joking mood... Heh.))

Brom watched the two fight, not daring to interfear when such magics were being used, not even mentally. If one of them was to turn his magic on Brom, he could not protect himself aducately. The two stopped when Kendai started shaking, Dark ran over and placed a greenish slimy potion on Kendai's inner lip, so that it dropped down into her mouth. Then he fell to the floor. "These undead are strange folk!" Brom muttered to himself while trying to rise Dark from the ground. In his attempts however, he failed, Dark still lay motionless on the ground, unable to die. Then with a louder voice so that people in the cabin could hear he said, "We must find those Jewel monkeys very quickly, no more waiting or disturbances." A decision split Brom's mind and he chose one, acting on it. He calmly walked outside and raised his voice so that all could hear. "We will be leaving immediately, going through the night and not waiting on anything, if someone falls behind, they stay behind unless they can catch up, It is imperitive that we reach these jeweled monkeys immediately!"

The boat was close to the docks now, Sailors were running about throwing ropes to men ashore and the ship was being pulled in. Ladywolf walked over with a look in her eye that Brom could not read. He did not care at this point, Helping Kendai was his primary concern and he would put forth 120% until she was either cursed for life or healed. He walked to the railing of the ship and rolled out a map taken from the insides of his leather jerkin.

continent2_plan.jpg

We will need to run north-west, Then we will need to find the temple and somehow get into it as fast as possible. Are you with me Lady? I might be acting like a madman, but my thoughts are clear.

((We just landed at "12" Kusamura is "9" It is a jungle map, and full of interesting creatures, none of which reside on Serdia))

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf walked out of her cabin heading for where they kept Kendai. As soon as she stepped into the hall she was greeted by Sora slamming into her. She chuckled as he bounced off her and went sprawling on the deck. "Silly monkey-boy, watch where you're going." LadyWolf growled and he screached and ran away.

LadyWolf walked into the cabin and saw Zelse surrounded by the brightest light she'd ever seen, it really hurt her draegoni eyes. She looked over and saw the most hideous "thing" she'd ever seen, her immediate reaction was to reach for her sword, but she saw Brom just standing there so she didn't react.

Cries of "Land ho" rang out acroos the ship. She felt somewhat disturbed at reaching land. Suddenly the fight was over when Kendai started shaking, and the undead person hit the floor. Brom tried to help him up, but did not succeed. LW walked closer and looking down at it she felt utter disgust. She reached out with her foot and gave him a slight kick.

Brom was rammbling on about the Monkeys and as usual Lady tuned him out. Something didn't feel quit right, but she couldn't place her finger on it. She saw Brom look at her and knew he was trying to read the expression on her face, but could not. She had learned to block out the elder draegoni, which was no small feat. Brom had taught her well.

Lady was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Brom ask "Are you with me Lady? I might be acting like a madman, but my thoughts are clear." Lady nodded and placed her hand on Brom's shoulder, further troubling the elder draegoni, for Lady wasn't much on physical contact with others, unless it was in hand to hand combat. "I'm with you Brom, till the end. We must save Kendai, and I'll do whatever it takes." She emphasized the word "whatever", and Brom knew that she meant it...

The first liquid that the undead man had given her appeared to have no effect, at least on the outside. Inside Kendai's mind, however, her subconscious had awakened, making her no longer mindless.

~inside the mind~

Kendai looked around in the darkness, seeing nothing but black. Where am I...? She couldn't feel anything, hear anything, see anything. Her body felt numb, like she was floating in a sea of pitch. What is this place? Am I dead? But this couldn't be; Eternals couldn't die, plain and simple. But why wasn't she in the Underworld then? What kind of trick did Mortos play on her this time? Suddenly jolts of pain shot through her as she screamed...

~outside the mind~

Her body began to jerk about, as the parts started to reanimate. The liquid that Dark had given her this time allowed her body to wake up more naturally, without as much pain as a normal undead would undergo. It would also calm her hunger, at least for now...

Kendai's eyes flickered open, chest still motionless, having no need to breathe. Her normal shimmery gold eyes had been replaced by a pale cold yellow. She groaned softly, still in a bit of pain from when her limbs had jerked back into "life," or at least a simulation of it. "Wh... what happened...?" Her voice was hoarse, mouth dry like cotton.

((OOC: yes, kusamura is filled with black panthers, mountain and forest chimerans, cycolps', female orcs, grizzly, black and panda bears, and i think a troll, it is also a PK map, i think...))

Zelse saw Dark Nightmare fall to the floor after he gave Kendai a nasty looking potion, he also saw Brom and Kendai talking to each other from the corner of his eye. Zelse quickly stopped his 'white magic' and scrambled down to his opponent and the Orchan who he guessed was Kendai and heard Dark Nightmare saying something about the jewled monkies of Kusamura. Zelse was talking to the two peoples on the floor as he usually did to those he was treating, (Zelse commonly reffered to all races as 'peoples' because hes not a hateful person :P )"The myth about the monkies...I doubt that those can help us...or you two, I should be saying...hmm both of you should be in the underworld...let me check up on the both of you..." Zelse examined their bodies, ignoring their shaking. "They both show signs of being alive....but....they are undeads," he said aloud to Brom and LadyWolf, "or at least one of them is...the Orchan seems to be forming undead characters. That means shes losing her spirit or soul, whichever you prefer to call it...I can slow down the process but...it looks like shes going to do most of the work keeping her spiritual self in her body before completly becoming an undead," Zelse continued, "...its too late for this fellow over here though...its been way too late for him." Zelse mixed various essences together that formed into a misty matter that he cautiously put onto Kendai, it made a dim aurora around her body and a little color came back to her skin. Kendai was concious before he filled her with the aurora but he knew that he was to hurry if he was going to help Kendai keep her soul. "Wh...What happened...?" croaked Kendai, Zelse smiled in relief. He then took a sniff of the green potion that was on the floor and said, "Yuck! goblins make better potions than these, but ive never seen this kind of potion before, Im a healer not a potionist although ive worked very closely with them, Brom, you and LadyWolf tend to these two, I must go and tend to those still hurt from the pirate attack before they leave, I still have to pay my fare for riding this ship..."

Edited by Zelse

LadyWolf looked over at Brom. "Can you believe this guy? I'm no healer, I do better at killing."She said to Brom across a now half open mental link.

She looked back down at Dark_Nightmare and shook her head. Something about his sudden appearance here disturbed her. Her heightened sense of smell did not like the scent she picked up from him.

Kendai lay muttering under her breath, nothing audible, but at least she showed some signs of life. "Brom, what are we going to do with these two? We can't take them with us. Someone has to stay behind with them." She asked, still half deep in her own thoughts. She was looking down on Kendai, when suddenly Kendai's eyes popped open. Lady jumped back, bumping into Brom and knocking him over, landing hard on the floor next to him. Laughing nervously, she stood up and offered him a hand. "Sorry about that old friend, guess I'm a bit out of sorts."she said as she pulled Brom to his feet....

Edited by LadyWolf

Sora went to the supply part of the deck and grabbed some armor and a Steel two handed sword. He then walked off of the boat and started on his way to the Forgotten Islands. He stopped half way off shore and murmured to himself, "this place may tell me what I really am, and if i'm the only of my species." "I may return here." He turned his head, and looked at the ship one lass time, and he walked off.

Zelse was finishing the last healing of the ships passengers and saw the humkey walking off the ship with a large sword. He then overheard a dwarf saying that is prize steel two handed sword had been stolen along with his armor for a very important customer in the background :ph34r: . "I wonder if i'll ever see another humkey again." Zelse said to himself and off he went to go find Brom and LadyWolf to check if they were taking care of Kendai like he asked but first he went to go pay the captain his 'fee'. "Wheres my 1000 gold coins?" said the rude captain. "Acually..." said Zelse, "wheres my 5000 gold coins?" "Whatdoya mean?" replied the captain. "Well I'm a professional healer and you got me to heal YOUR passengers so you owe me a total of 4000 gold coins..." Zelse then went on about the expenses of essences, his security and short stay, his time and energy and how it all added up. "Err... how 'bout we each owe eachother nothin pal?" said the Captain whose head was hurt with mathmatics, "I dont know Captain, but since you let me stay on this ship after the pirates got me i'll let you off easy." and with that Zelse made his way to the cabin that Kendai was in.

LadyWolf and Brom were talking on the front deck, watching the approaching land. A golden flash temporarily blinded them as they tried to shield their eyes. As the flash subsided, Nightmare stood in between the two of the. "I hate teleportation." Brom winced in irritation, and LadyWolf just hung her mouth open from the surprising entrance. "Now, I have to tell you two something very important. The temple in Kusamura is very dangerous. The manner of creatures guarding the treasures are not that of this world. And whatever Shadowbane told you, he has forgotten the 4th Monkey."

((OOC-Hello, fellow men. I'm new to RP so this is my frist attempt. Wish me luck :confused: ))

The sun set in the lush jungles of Kusamura. As they did, all manner of creature walked in the perpetual twilight. Leopard, panther, and panda all came out to eat and prowl. A elf lad with long, shimmering white hair dashed through the jungle. He paused for a moment and took a deep breath of the fresh air. It was his favorite time of day. Where the light and dark met. He could see the moon rising in the west, and the sun setting in the east. He wore a black robe with loose white leggings. His boots were almost as old as the elf himself, but showed no record of the hardships they had endured. Covering the elf's head was a simple hat woven from bamboo, no more than a disc starped to his head by a silk string. In his hand he carried a bamboo staff with some tea and bamboo leaves tied to the end. He started to run again, but paused as he heard a familiar groan from behind. He turned around and smiled as he saw his best fried, Paegren the Panda Bear. He strode over and gave him a hug. "Hey there, you big lug." Paegren gave a rolling growl- a chuckle- and rolled onto his back, exposing his belly. He started panting like a dog. "I thought you were a bear, not a mutt." The bear stood upright again and grunted. Vetarai, for that was the young elf's name, got onto the bear. It gave a growl, and then started off south, to his house...

Edited by Vetarai

((OOC: Welcome Vetarai, im new to forum role playing as well, it looks like people are going off in their own direction of adventure...I hope we run into yall in the future))

Zelse walked over to Brom, LadyWolf and Dark Nightmare and said "Many of the people who i've healed were headed to Kusamura Jungle but i told them to think otherwise, if they get wounded by undead then a wound from a living thing would be far worse especially when the creatures that inhabit that jungle are strong enough to tear undead to shreads, if they werent so foul hahaha." The two draegoni laughed with teh healer but Dark Nightmare only smirked but Zelse continued, "If you three are going to Kusamura to save the Orchan then perhaps i can accompany you, i may not be able to stand up against any of the monsters there but i do know my way around North West Irilion very well and i can tend to Kendai, so what do you all say?"

((OOC-Welcome Vetarai, we spoke in game already. This is only the third time I have participated (damn you Brom!), but i am already addicted. Hope you enjoy our little forum RP's :))

LadyWolf looked over at Brom, waiting for him to give some direction. She was still bothered by something she couldn't quit put her finger on.

Kendai blinked at the human as he said something to her, she wasn't sure quite what, she felt so numb. Then he was gone from her sight and the cabin grew quiet as outside there were distant noises of passangers and crew dismebarking. Groaning, she tried to sit up, her limbs shaking a bit. What had happened? Suddenly her memories came flooding back to her, the battle with the undead pirates, the stab in her side, and then darkness... she looked down at her side where the blood had caked over the wound. At least it was closed now. Moving slowly she stood up, wondering where everyone had gone. Kendai felt like she had just had a rough day. She didn't even realize she was technically dead...

(OOC- Welcome to the RP Veterai :) Aww, my favorite smilie is gone... :D You shall be missed, ^_^. lol)

Edited by Kendai