Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

((This aint "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves", Brom....))

Dunian retrieved his blades and helped sling the once undead corpses over the side of the ship. Then he helped the healers attend to the wounded.

After everything was under control, he stood in the back of the ship, leaning on the rail, trying to fathom the mysterious wound that struck down Kendai. Was there some magic at play here? Was the curse of the undead ship still at work?

Before he could think further, he heard "Help!". It seemed as if the words came to his mind rather than his ears. Dunian looked around, and spotted a dark figure near the anchor. But before he could get to it, it had disappeared into the shadows. Before Dunian could move, he heard a faint groan coming from the side of the ship. Looking down, he saw an elf, in tattered robes, hanging on to the anchor.

Edited by Dunian

Bethurc felt aweful. He was seasick from the moment he came on board. He managed to keep his face looking normal though. While fighting the pirates he had slipped and fell which had sprained his ankle. The fall by the way saved his life, although he did and does not know it. After seeing the elf, he screamed" anouther undead!" and charged towards as fast as his wobbly pace could go.

((occ- damn im getting old, i missed the occ post part...edited this post ))

LadyWolf braced against the ast of the ship as Brom yanked her shoulder back into place with a sickening ,very audible "pop!". Lady leaned hardagainst the mast, feeling a wave of darkness wash over her. Brom quickly took a ong piece of leather and cloth and made a make shift sling for her arm.

LW followed Brom into the cabin where they were tending to Kendai, her heart sank. Lady was saddened, Kendai was a good friend of hers. She only prayed that something could be done for her friend. Suddenly she saw Bethurc go running past like a madman. She stepped out in time to see Bethurc knock a raggedly white clad figure ,that Dunian was helping onto the deck, back over the rail. Lady lunged forward and snagged the figures arm, straining to hold the adult elf's full weight with one arm. "Somebody HELP!!!" Lady screamed when she saw Dunian holding Bethurc down on the deck. He had somehow "slipped" mentally abit over the edge.

Lady braced her good shoulder against the rail and held on with all she had. She looked down into the figures face, and suddenly recognized who it was. Zelse!! She exclaimed, and doubled her efforts to hold onto him....

Edited by LadyWolf

((Brom, that was SO uncalled for! that better have been a OOC post!))

As the he saw LadyWolf rushing towards him, he lept into the air and vanished in a burst of shadow. He reappeared outside of the cabin where Brom and Kendai were. He knocked on the door. Brom answered it, and said, "Yes?" The man took off his hood, and Brom almost fell over. Half of the man's face was ripped, and all that was seen was bare bone. The other half revealed lavender skin, and overall handsome features. Where his eyes should have been, there were two glowing green dots that masked his eyes, if any. His hair was a dark violet, and was untamed. "You must let me in, quickly." He strode past Brom, not waiting for an answer, and went to Kendai. He observed her closely. "By the Bane, she has been Cursed..."

((Guys, that was a joke, Out of character...Hehe! To my knowledge Kendai is still in that dreamlike state where her body appears dead.))

Brom reached out and grabbed the ... being ... by the arm and pulled him back from Kendai, slamming him against the wall, "Who What and Why are you here? Speak quickly." Brom was not afraid of the creature, at that moment he was immune to any pain and thus feared little. He had envoked the name of Bane, he may be one of the Brotherhood, then again he may be cursing Bane. Until Brom was sure of this creatures intentions he was not about to let him go.

(OOC- Congrats DN, you got it, Kendai has indeed been cursed to become an undead, thanks to the blade that pierced her :) Shh, no one's supposed to know yet... :) and lmao Brom, that was the best OOC post ever :))

((OOC: im a human not a elf and this healer on the ship has got to go lol))

Zelse slept only for a moment on the anchor when he was picked up by a few members of the ship he was on. Amongst all the people present he only recognized LadyWolf. They took him to a small cabin and had the healer go to check up on him. "It seems that your losing your powers Mr. Stowaway." said the ships healer, "You idiot!!," croaked Zelse "im hungery and tired is all, and what kind of healer insults his patients? if i was in better health and," Zelse was stopped by the ships healer, "now now sir, I meant you no offense I'm only doing my job." Zelse said "YOUR JOB?! how did you ever become a healer?!" exclaimed Zelse. "Now you listen you undead smelling wreck, I can either heal you up or make you sicker than the sea so let me do my job, ive already had a few problems with the injured on this ship." replied the healer. Zelse soon realized that this 'healer' was not up to par with his assumptions of a healer and asked him to leave the cabin and to spare a few essences and food. "ohh man...there are some things that essences cannot fix or heal..." said Zelse as he had a flashback of being the undeads 'drug' and he soon recovered from his ailments. Zelse was about to leave the room when he overheard two sailors talking about the 'pirate stowaway' and a orchan who was cursed by some sort of bane. "hmm... the work of a ture healer is never done." said Zelse, "But it would be best to wait until someone comes in to interrogate me so that I can prove that im no harm to anyone exeptin that so called healer on this ship..."

((Who mentally went over, me or Bethurc?))

Dunian grappled with the rouge, trying to restrain him. He whipped out his dagger. "Sorry about this, but I don't have time for this." Holding the blade, he brought the hilt down on his opponent's skull, knocking him out cold. Then he sheathed the blade and turned to help LadyWolf.

((Im not sure, that part is kind of hazy. but I think it was Bethurc when he saw "Another undead!"))

Edited by Brom

((Sparhawk you maniac :shame: ))

"Brom! Let me go" He struggled to get free of the old draegoni's grasp but when angry, he was stronger than a Feran. "Tell me who you are and your intentions!" belowed Brom as his grip on him tightened. "I will tell you most if you.. just... let... me... go!" And Brom let go, allowing him to collapse to the floor. He got up, and took a seat at a stool. "Now tell me!" Brom could be vicous in a state of anger fueled by a hidden fear.

"First, I will tell you of Kendai. While fighting, she was stabbed by a dagger. But not just any dagger," he paused for a moment. "That was the dagger of Necroit. I had killed Necroit himself many eons ago, but he had had his minions take the dagger. He was a necromancer: a preacher of Mortos. He had been amassing a legion of the undead to destroy all of Irillion, and the rest of Draia, in the name of the Dark God. I had killed him and his legion of the undead, with no dark magics to possess thier souls, they fell. But his dagger was imbuned with some of his powers, and know kept those," he nodded in the direction of where the pirate ship was. "Skeletons alive. The dagger is now lost at the bottom of the sea, and for that I thank you, but it had taken it's toll on me. While I fought Necroit, he had stabbed me. I have been cursed, like she. I am," he winced. "An undead." Brom almost lept at him, but he raised his hand. "Wait! I had gone to search for the dagger, his last source of power. But I had ben captured by them, the pirates. I know only one cure that will save your friend, Kendai, from becoming like me."

Brom then said, "But how?" He answered, "The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura." Brom gasped. Was this a coincidence? Or something more...

"I, myself, will give you the only name I know: Dark Nightmare. I was of an ancient order now long gone, and what is left of them, I don't know, but I lost all contact when I found Necroit. I myself was a worshipper of no god but the Overdiety. I am a researcher in the Dark Magics, and now, relenquished of my duty, hope to cure myself and return to my original form." Brom stood motionless...

((Too much? Too little? Awkward? I'll edit it, just no flaming))

It was after a few moments that Zelse heard the door open and saw a small person (Zelse was still seeing things unclear because of the smoke from the undead pirate ship) who he could not make out and determine whether he was a gnome or dwarf, but by the color of his clothing he could tell that it was the captain. The Captain was acompanied by LdayWolf and a person named Dunian who Zelse had met a few times during his travels on Magic School business. "Stowaways usually are thrown overboard if caught beggar, so i think you should either give me what money you have or get ready for a little refreshing swim." said the hasty Captain. "Thats a bit harsh Captain." Said LadyWolf. "I agree," Dunian replied "he probly came onto the ship to escape the pirates." Zelse might have looked like a 21 year old human, but he was a special kind of healer from a cirtain healing clan whose members lived to be around 900 years old. "Now watch your manners in front of your elders little man! I'm 212 years old and ive escaped brutal captors who have all but burned into the oceans abyss." Zelse was very snappy when irratated. "Also." he continued as he stood up and made himself look as respectful and dignified as he could, "You could use a more experienced healer rather than that elf you have who is very timid, anxious and scared of his own shadow." "ohh dear." said LadyWolf to herself. "Heres what we're gonna do Capt'n, since I am the retired White Mage Healer of the Tarsengaard Magic School Medical Wing, I will heal and restore health to the people on this ship to pay for my expense of this ship." Zelse had been a teacher of negotiations at the Magic School for a few terms but the Captain said "Well then, since im the CAPTAIN of the ship I might let you go by to heal the passengers and crew, but you will have to pay for your cabin, food, essences *sniff sniff* and a bath for the seperate expense." "WHAT?!" yelled Zelse, his ragged robes soon turned to a bright white color and we're moving as though a fierce wind was blowing them that no one could feel and he seemed to be twice as tall as Ladywolf if it werent for the low roof of the cabin. "Zelse! Zelse!" said Dunian, "I will pay for your seperate expense." LadyWolf said, "And so will I Zelse." but she thought to herself: the Captain is going to make a big conflict if he keeps trying to rip-off Zelse. And so Zelse returned to his former features of a ragged person, "Alright then, give me acess to essences and I will give you acess to the well being of the persons on this ship." "R-R-right you are sir, b-b-ut can you wash up first? I'll give you some more preferable clothing." said the scared Captain who thought he had the stowaway under his power. "Thank you then Capt'n, but make sure the clothing is as white as possible."

((OOC: hey DN I thought i was the only one who escaped from the pirates lol but i never saw you aboard the pirate ship :) ))

((Um, Zelse? If you're an elf, your "clans'" members wouldn't be round 900. Not even the oldest Draegoni get to that age. You'd have to be enchanted with ancient magics to be like that. And trust me, any magics like that don't exist, that or are hidden or protected.))

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((OOC: Nightmare, i'm a human not a elf, and you'll understand what I mean by being up to 900 years old as the Role Playing goes along so dont jump to conclusions :) or make assumptions just yet lol

((Well, even if you were an elf- never mind!. And as a human, around 80 is max age, 110 tops. And I don't mean what you mean by 900 years or anything))

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((ooc- for petes sake dark it's a rpg, if you can pretend to be an undead, then why can't zelse be 900 years old??))

LadyWolf scowled at the captain "What a jerk she muttered and stood to leave the room. Pain washed over her from her shoulder, and she abruptly had a seat. Zelse came over to her and asked her what was wrong. She toldhim about the artic chims attack, then the dislocation. He asked to take a look at it, but Lady caught a wiff of him and insisted that he get cleaned up first... :)

Edited by LadyWolf

((OOC: if it makes you happy Dark, ill just be 'very old' and young looking lol (I am :o))

*Inconsiderate* Zelse thought to himself as he went out of the cabin to go and wash up as best he could *I heard that* said LadyWolf in her mind towards Zelse which gave him the chills, he wasnt used to having his mind read. But he went off and washed up pretty good and changed from his ragged robes to some clean white clothing that looked very similar to the sails from a ship, "eh, this will surfice." said Zelse to himself and went to go look for LadyWolf and fix her shoulder.

Edited by Zelse

Brom was in a rage. This... This.. Undead spits out words as if he were Bane himself. Still if there was a chance, Brom would take it to save a friend. Brom pondered for the right words to ring true to this.. undead.. Dark. "Dark Nightmare" Brom said with a formal voice, "Will you spout out these lies and leave or will you stay with us and help to see that they are true?" There, Brom had him, and he would keep that undead under his watchful eye the entire time. Brom did not wait for a response, he knew the answer with the look in the undeads complextion. He strode out of the ship to where a man garbbed in white was now looking over Ladywolf's shoulder. Brom went over to introduce himself as Lady appeared to be a friend.

"Allow me...," said Zelse in a calm soothing voice to LadyWolf as he felt around her shoulder and massaged it, "your shoulder bone was where it was suppose to be but your veins and inner body parts were out of place, they wont be hard to mend and heal so long as you keep your shoulder warm and keep it in cold water for about five minutes each day," with that Zelse got a matter essence, health essence, energy essence and a water essence and cast them together which formed a warm liquid-like material that seeped into LadyWolf's shoulder "...all better." Then a large draegoni walked towards them, "Hello, my name is Brom," said the draegoni "I'm from Seridia, and you are?" Zelse stood up and then had to look up to greet himself "I'm Zelse the retired White Mage Healer of the Magic School in Tarsengaard." He then bowed his head down knowing that if he shook the large draegoni's hand his arm would break, and Brom did the same. "Zelse is a very good healer Brom." said LadyWolf as she moved he arm without pain. "Zelse, can you come and take a look at my friend Kendai please? she is in a very serious condition." said Brom in a grave but strong voice, "I sure will, but if her condition is as serious as you make it sound then i'd better tend to the less serious injuries on this ship for practice, besides its better to have just one person with a serious condition than two because that second person could not recieve medical attention in time." said Zelse in a kind voice to cover the hard truth. *I hope he understands, ive had to heal many persons in battle and at times let them die if they have a slim chance to save someone who has a greater chance of survival* thought Zelse, he was thinking logically to save more people but he had to hurry, angering a draegoni is the last thing that he wanted to do.

LadyWolf heard Zelse's thoughts and scowled. "Kendai is a good friend of ours Zelse. She has been stabbed by an undeads dagger and needs your help." Ladywolf emphasized her words so that he understood that Kendai was more important to this journey than the sailors would ever be. She watched as Zelse blinked at her.

"Brom, I'll be in my cabin if needed. I need to get some rest, my body is stressed altho my shoulder is now healed." LadyWolf half growled. I really need to settle down and stop running off like im a kid on these adventures. I'm getting too damn old!" She thought. She smiled when she heard Brom second that statement in her mind....

"OK OK OK, ill see to your friend LadyWolf." *I need to find a way for them to keep reading my mind, well id better go check up on this kendai person before both of the draegoni put me on there bad side.* Zelse thought to himself, which was probly a bad idea. :) He then followed Brom to the cabin that Kendai was in.

Kendai still laid on the floor, skin cold and almost white. In all legal terms, she was dead. No heartbeat, no breathing, no bodily functions. Just an empty carcass waiting to be buried at sea like all those before the Curse who had perished on the treacherous waves. The sea giveth and it taketh away. But this had not happened since the Curse... in all logic, Kendai's body should have disappeared along with her, doomed to find her way out of the Underworld and return as an Eternal of the lands. Instead, poor Kendai laid there, cold and empty and definitely dead, on the floor.

(OOC- someone poke me! :))

((Pokes Kendai and says, "Yep, shes dead, throw her over!" Hehe. Ill post later.))