Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

Sora sat on the opposite side of the ship. He sat on the bench with his head down, shivering as memories of him and Kat ran through his mind. He never wanted to return to Kusamura again, but it looks like he would have to.

(OOC- as you remember, Kat and I kind of stopped in the middle of rping on the Irillion Voyage thing. If I can come up with some more stuff of the top of my head, i'll post more about how Kat and I were seperated :confused:))

Dunian pulled his cloak closer as a cold northly wind struck the ship. He was used to the mountain cold, but these frozen wastelands were something else. He couldn't wait until they reached Kasumura, danger or no danger.

A dwarf called down from the crowsnest, "Ship tae starboard cap'n!"

As Dunian reached the side of the deck, he saw the ship bearing down upon them. It was a fluyt, roughly the same size as the ship they were on, but faster. Upon the prow was a figurehead, carved into the shape of a dragon, wings outstreached in flight. Its billowing sails were black as the night, and its ragged flag bore a crimson skull. Pirates!

LadyQolf sat huddled on a crate, wrapped in a polar bear skin blanket. She had totally healed, but the extreme cold made her shoulder ache. She rotated her shoulder, trying to keep the stiffness from setting in, for it was her sword weilding arm.

She was dozing lightly when suddenly she heard someone exclaim "Ship tae starboard cap'n!". She stood up and walked to the edge of the boat where Dunian was. She looked at the massive ship and suddenly realized that this was a pirate ship.

"Oh god, what else is going to happen on this journey?" she thought to herself. She turned and calmly said, " Bit of an issue, seems we are about to be boarded by pirates, if we don't get away, we may not reach our destination."

She drew her sword, wincing at the stiffness in her shoulder. "Im going to get Kendai, She may not be an experienced fighter, but we need all able bodied help we can get."

LW ducked into the hold and ran down the steps to the lower deck in search of Kendai....

((HECK YES!, Im all for a Pirate attack!))

Brom fell into combat mode, he yelled to the captain, "Get all yer hands on deck, pirates are sailing at full steam toward us! If you have any weapons or armors get them ready!"

"All of those with me, To the stern half of the starboard side..." Brom added with an underthought, "That means this side toward the rear of the ship!" Brom stampped his foot so that people could find him easier. "Sailors toward the bow of the starboard side!"

Men and what women they had began to move about the deck, readying weapons and streching out, ready to move at a moments instance. "Does anyone have a spyglass so that we can see them before they reach us?" Berthec ran up to Brom and handed him a long tube with a crystal embedded in the tip to enhance the distance that could be seen. Brom lifted the spyglass to his eye and looked toward the ship. It was much to close, He could see every detail of the dragon carved into the prow. "Its too close, can I bring the vision closer to me?" A quick reply and a short lesson showed Brom that he could turn the crystal for different distances. Now that he could see properly Brom found the sailors on deck were lacking skin and commonly body parts, all had wickedly curved blades and most were rusted. "UNDEAD!" Brom yelled. "Lets hope the curse of mortos does not fall on them! If they are cursed the same as us, We will need to get them in the water after we kill them, so when they come back they cannot stand up and fight us again! Prepare yourselves." Brom took his staff and made a wide arc around him so that he had all the room he needed, then stared with determination toward the ship now comming up on their starboard side. "Bloody pirates." Brom mumbled to himself. Then leaned over to whoever was next to him, it proved to be Berthec the rouge, "Pirates fight mean, they have no honor, so be sure to give them none in return."

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf ran down the hall in the belly of the ship to Kendai's room. She flung the door open, startling Kendai to the point of nearly attacking LW. "Kendai, we are being attacked by pirates. HURRY!"

LW turned and made her way back to the deck, in time to hear Brom exclaim "UNDEAD!". Lw turned out everything else he said. Her blood was rushing hard through her ears, and her shoulder burned deep into the bone. She prayed her arm held up in battle.

LW ran over to where Brom and Berthec stood. She spoke to Brom over a mental connection, "Brom, I'm not sure how well my shoulder has healed. I will fight my best. Where do you want me?"

Kendai sighed when she heard the news. "Great, just great... coming!" She raced after LadyWolf, grabbing her black quarterstaff. "Bloody pirates... undead you say? Even more lovely." She grumbled under her breath. "Making me come out into the cold again... stupid pirates..."

She watched as the ship drew closer, her muscles tensed for action. Suddenly there was an angry hiss over the sound of the waves. Kendai recognized the sound immediately. "Arrows, duck for cover!"

((Ohhh, now this is fun! For some reason I like to describe fighting scenes. :P))

"Brom, I'm not sure how well my shoulder has healed. I will fight my best. Where do you want me?"

"Fight with the rest of us, we know eachothers strengths and will complement eachother, If you can, seek out those who are the best fighters and kill them first." Brom said over the mental link to Ladywolf. When she got close enough Brom said, "Dont worry about the arm, It will soon be filled with adrenaline, which will temporarily heal any wound, at least as far as your mind knows!"

"Arrows, duck for cover!" came from Kendai as she vaulted out of the lower level. Brom rolled forward to the railing and hid behind it as the arrows wizzed overhead, many embedding themselves into the deck of the ship, quivering. Brom reached out with his mind now, grasping very living thing into his mind so that he could feel the battle about to happen around him. Sailors stuck with arrows in many places, Brom felt one soul slip from his grip. "One down" he thought to himself. Now in the mental mindset needed for battle, Brom stood to watch the undead skeletons leap incredible distances from their boat to ours. "Throw them into the water when you can!" Warcrys erupted from the red and black mouths of the skeletons followed by a surpirsingly powerful warcry from the ship of sailors and serdians.

Broms first tactic was to not let any of the more agile actually grab hold of the ship. The first jumpers could just hang on to the railing, Brom ran down the length of the starboard side, hacking at arms, blood spirting across the railing. An arrow wizzed past his ear, Brom recoiled, found the archer on the opposite boat. With a touch of fire and earth, Brom cut the bowstring from a distance. Brom yelled over a mental link to all of those who were not undead. "Kill the archers" Many people looked around, not knowing where the communicae came from. Looks crossed the faces of the Serdians who knew his tricks. Skeletons were boarding now, they were in range to jump across and boards were being laid across.

Here is where Brom lived, on the boards between the ships. He could easily leap from the gangplanks or on the railings of the ships and move his blade in fantastic arcs. Using the sense of all living things, he could easily sense things happening around him and avoid them, also find weaknesses and exploit them. It was a blur dancing on the boards high above the water. Small wounds would appear on his body and Brom wondered where he got them.

All too soon the pirates were retreating back to their ship and trying to pull away. Brom lept from the railings of the pirate ship and vaulted off the shoulders of a pirate running back to his ship. He landed neatly on the opposite side of the ships railing, He spun to make sure the coast was clear, a few fights were still happening here and there, Kendai was locked in combat with two of the undead fiends.

Brom charged into the fray, yelling something he did not even understand. This would often happen with Brom when his blood was pumping in the thrill and dance of war, he would yell things he did not understand and later get some funny remarks from people that heard him. It did not matter, "All is fair in war and love." Brom told himself, then plunged his titanium longsword into what upper body cavity the undead skelleton had.

Edited by Brom

((Me too.))

Dunain's blade flashed as he fought towards the captain of the undead. He prefered the two handed sword to a smaller one, prefering the greater power and length that made up for the shield. Bringing his sword up and to the side, he struck down a grinning skelliton. Then he spun, his blade forcing the undead back slightly. Not only did this sudden move bewilder the captain who stood before him, but it brought him into a warrior's stance. The captain was not as dull as his crew, and Dunian soon learned this to his cost. The skelliton fought double-bladed, both of his swords curved almost like hooks. He cought Dunian's sword in with both hooked swords and gave it a twist! The blade fairly skimmed across the deck, leaving its owner surprised and disarmed. The captain grinned wickedly as he advanced, flailing with his curved scimitars! Dunian jumped back, barely missing the scyths of death. Grabbing his dagger from his belt, he threw it at his foe! The undead captain staggered forward, his life hissing out of him as the air does from a balloon. Then he fell to the ground. Dead.

Dunian looked around. Other than a few bodies of undead still fighting on deck, the main body of the skellitons were retreating onto their ship and into the sea. As the last planks fell away, and the ship fled, Dunian searched his essence pouch. Bringing out an air essence, and a fire essence, he cast a spell. At first it seemed like it had fizzled out, but then from the palm of his hand burst a small sheet of flame! It formed itself into the shape of a dragon, no bigger than Dunian's dagger. The firey avenger flew from his grasp like an arrow, straight towards the fleeing ship! It struck the sail, ingniting it instantly. The magical fire spread down the mast to the deck...

LadyWolf heard Brom reassure her about her shoulder, but still wasn't confident. She hit the deck as she heard the string of a bow recoil (having better depth perception) and felt the arrow rip through the hood of her cloak laying on the back of her neck. "Whoa! That was a close one! she thought to herself. She started to stand back up when she was knocked back onto her stomach by an invading skelliton. It had jumped the railing not knowing she was laying on the ground.

LadyWolf put both hands under her and with a burst of strength she pushed her torso upwards and nimbly planted her feet underneath her. The surprised skelliton landed flat on its back and stared at her with its undead eyes. LW, wincing from the terrible pain in her shoulder, flipped her sword around and bringing it in a wide arch sliced the skellie in two.

As Brom had predicted the pain was replaced by shear adrenaline. She slashed and stabbed through a couple more skellies, before she hoped up onto the railing of her on ship. She fought off any new arrivals that tried to jump across the gap onto their ship. Suddenly two skellies charged at the same time and knocked her backwards onto the deck with a thud. As she hit the deck she stabbed upwards and twisted as one skellie lept ontop of her. She then rolled hard to the left and as she landed on her back she brought her titanium serp around in a wide, fury filled arc, decapitating the skellie where he stood.

Lady stood and looked around, she saw Dunian throw his dagger into the chest of the skellie captain. she also saw Brom helping Kendai with two attackers. She looked around and took out the few remaining skellies, and started to make a mental note of any who had perished in this battle.

She looked towards Brom who was also looking around, and she channeled to him,"I count 3 of ours dead, several more wounded, how about you?"

Edited by LadyWolf

(OOC- Eeep, I'm not very good with battle scenes, so I'll play out the aftermath then :P)

Kendai grinned down at Brom as she saw his head over one of the undead zombies that she had been fighting. "Thanks, I owe you one!" Quickly, she hooked her staff underneath the other undead, catching it by surprise as she neatly flung him overboard like a catapult, breathing hard in triumph.

Then she grabbed her side and staggered to her knees. In the chaos of battle, she had been stabbed by an undead blade but had not even felt the pain nor the effects until now. She couldn't tell how bad it was, but she knew she had lost a lot of blood and could feel her head spin around like the blades of a windmill. She looked up at Brom with wide golden eyes, normal purple skin now like early pale lilacs. "Help... me..." She couldn't focus anymore as everything blurred, spinning out of control as it faded to black.

(OOC- Mwahahahahahaha :))

((Yay! I'm back! Well peoplz of the RP, I have learned from lessons past about RPs. I will stick to one char and not greatly and/or drastically change the RP. Everyone give me a big hug and I'll join in :) ))

Lightning flashed in the pitch-black of the southern seas. Wind and violent waves rocked the ship as it continued it's journey to Kusamura. A shaded figure watched through the window at the face of Kendai, unconcious, face partialy exposed to the flickering glow of the dimming candle. The man's black, tattered, weather worn cloak billowed in the wind as he turned away his glowing-green eyes. He walked down the ship and then snuck into the hull. He hoped he wouldn't be found, at least until morning.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((Oops! That was Kendai, never mind, forgive me :) Edited))

((OOC: i wanna join in on the role playing too ive never tried one of these lol))

BAM!!! Zelse, The White Mage Healer of the Tarsengaard Magic School awoke from the loud boom and smell of fire amongst the smell of his undead captors....Zelse had retired from the Magic School Medical Wing to go live in his homeland of Palon Vertas where his sister lived. But the undead pirates took the ship he was on and sunk it, Zelse was lucky for his healing abilities which he was forced to use on the undead, it made them feel more 'alive' but he was running out of the essences to do so. But a new flame burned within him just like the flame that engulfed the pirate ship. A fire had burned a hole in his cellar which he easily kicked into a larger hole to escape through. The undead we're too busy to notice the healer escaping among the flames that engulfed their ship. Zelse checked what essences he had and said "*cough* enough to teleport me." he could barly make out the ship pulling away from the pirates and decided to teleport to it but the smoke blurred his vision of his destination and he barly made it onto the ships.....anchor. Zelse looked back to his captors and heard a faint moan from the pirates who lost their 'drug' as he was often refered to that made them feel better and then he fell asleep.

The moon appeared through the clouds as the storm died, shining like a beacon of hope in the ominous darkness of the night. The man rose from hishiding place, and rushed outside. He had sensed a magicall presence come from the pirate ship, but he had been so busy escaping himself he hadn't noticed. He raced into the calm breeze. He ran to the boat's chain and looked down. Clinging to the anchor there was a elf in tattered robes- more of rags. The man called out in a coarse, hollow, cold but strong voice, "HELP!" The passengers physically didn't hear it, but thier minds burned with the voice....

((Welcome Zelse, I know you have been heading up a lot of RPing in game lately, you are more than welcome. Also welcome back DN, I do not know exactly what you have planned so I will just call you a man for now.))

"I count 3 of ours dead, several more wounded, how about you?" Brom fell out of his fighting trance now that all of the undead foes were removed from the ship. He watched as the sail then the rest of the ship caught fire and it began to sink. "The bloody work is done, I guess it is now time to count the totals and make things right again. I counted four of ours dead, all sailors. Two taken by arrows, one in swordplay and the last was shoved off and since no one could get to him, he drowned when an undead fell on him and snapped his neck."

Brom paused with the memories flooding through him. "Most are injured, only a few with fatal wounds, including Kendai who sustained a very nasty stab in the side. She passed out a few moments ago, I am not too concerned about her at this point because she seems stable physically, something was twisted with the blade that cut her. It has put her outside of my reach, but she is still alive. I cannot help her and we can only heal her body, She must fight against whatever evil plagues her" Brom thought Ladywolf knew enough now of him and his "abilites" that she would not ask how he knew who died and how. A small depression fell upon Brom, just as it did after any conflict where people were killed in bloodlust. A glimmer of hope shined into his mind. "I can still help people feel better at this time." Brom said to himself, then resolved to do it then. He looked around and found he was harmed little, cuts on shoulders and arms were common, his leather vambraces under his sleeves were cut through, he would need to repair or fix them, but besides that He was fit as a fiddle, and with pleanty of energy suprisingly. With a strong voice aimed at the captain of the vessel who was holding his arm, "We must sail to the nearest town on the main continent, we will get off there, take what crew you have and get us going. I trust your good work and I will leave you to it, Please tell us if we can help, until then we will see to the wounded." A nod from the captain showed he was up to the task and started ordering his men around the ship to repair lines that were cut and check the stabilty of this and that, Brom stopped listening, now focused on the wounded...

Edited by Brom

((Thnx Brom, and enjoy me now, for one day, we shall all die.))

((Once you're done, don't leave this topic, for right nw my mind is bubbling and plotting a sinister and ultimate plan like a unstoppable super-computer...))

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((You mean a plot for YOUR CHARACTER right? The RP will go wherever it goes, we all have control of it. You may bump it this way or that, but know that in roleplaying you rarely get exactly what you want...or even what you wanted at all, That is the fun it it! Go with the flow and enjoy creating your character, not the story. Im going to bed, I will post more tomorrow should I find time.))

Edited by Brom

((Yes I mean me! Who else cares but me! *slaps Brom*))

((Yes Dark, you should have learned by now the rest of of don't care for all of the "silliness" that you try to bring us all into.))

LadyWolf went to sheath her sword, but dropped it as she felt excruciating pain rip through her right side. She felt around, and felt no visible injuries, but decided to take her cloak off to be sure. She was struggling with the cloak, working with only one arm,when a handsome sailor stopped, and silently assisted her. She looked slightly down at him (yea for being draegoni and taller than all but orchans!!) and smiled an appreciative smile. He limped of towards the captain.

Lady, feeling it was safe to disarmor herself for the moment, released the buckles on her titanium chainmail and shrugged it off. She examined her shoulder, seeing no wounds, but noticing how twisted the socket was. "Brom, my shoulder is dislocated, nothing major, but I'm in too much pain to set it by myself." LW channeled to Brom.

LadyWolf sat down on a nearby crate, slightly dizzy from the pain. "I wonder if my shoulder will ever heal properly. Will I ever be able to effectively fight again?".....

Edited by LadyWolf

((Got to work early, Here is the time I wanted. :)))

Brom, my shoulder is dislocated, nothing major, but I'm in too much pain to set it by myself." Brom had a slight smile then responded with, "Ha! we both seem to have dislocated our arms within a week of eachother, see if you can get ready, Ill be over there in a second to set it back, be prepared for pain." Brom finished tying a bandage around a sailors wounded bicep. Brom said while pulling out a small vial from a bag, "Drink this then wait one hour, then move that arm around as much as possible. You will fully heal from this." Brom walked toward the other side of the boat where Ladywolf was set and ready for the pain that would soon hit her.

((Perhaps Zelse the white mage healer knows a way to heal your arm fully. :medieval:))

Edited by Brom

(OOC- I hope Blaki doesn't mind if I steal a plotline from his story... *whistles innocently* ;) Brom made me do it, he inspired me! ;) And if we ever do go after these jewel monkeys, I have a "solution" in mind too, no worries ^_^)

Poor Kendai. The wound only seemed to get worse and worse as the healers brought her and the other wounded inside, out of the elements. Though they had bandaged her up and stopped the bleeding, which would have normally allowed her to go on the road to recovery, Kendai still seemed to be barely gripping on to life, weakened terribly, her violet skin now the palest shade of lavender, almost gray like the skin of a carcass. In desperation, the healer assigned to her and others around her hovered like a flitting sparrow, trying to think of why Kendai, who was perfectly healthy before the battle, was now dying of a wound that had already been closed. Suddenly Kendai's pale eyes flew open as her body stiffened, grabbing on to the healer's arm with a deathlike grip.

"Help... please... undea..."

Unable to finish the sentence, she fell back on to the floor, her entire body now going limp. The healer, now frightened out of his wits, cried for help as he saw Kendai's breath turn more ragged and shallow, her chest slowing to a stop. He could only shake his head in shock and disbelief as he felt for a pulse. There was none. Kendai was dead...

(OOC- ...or is she?)

[[Out of character post]]

Brom strode into the room and watched as Kendai gasped and fell, She appeared to be dead and the healers actually relaxed a little, it was over, she could rest now and so could they. Brom walked over and said. "She is not dead! only in a dreamlike state, the only thing that can bring her back to us is loves first kiss!" Brom bent over Kendai and prepared to give her a kiss.

Kendai woke up and kissed Brom passionately! Both started laughing and soon the whole room was erupting in laughter. "You broke character!" Brom said to Kendai. "You did first!" countered Kendai. They all decided to go back a few minutes and start again.

I could not resist!

Sora walked in and saw Brom and Kendai kissing. "Damnit!" he thought. "I owe Lady Wolf 100 gold coins now, I never thought they would hook up." The humkey walked off angrilly to the deck.

((ooc- Wow, I never knew you guys had that type of a relationship O.o))