Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

spinners in ELConfig don't go to min/max

as in the title. if an option has a min setting of 0, you won't be able to set it to 0 (same with 0.0)

the fix for this bug is part of berlios patch #624 (iffn we're still not sure about the rest of the patch, fine, can just use the bugfix part for now)

whoops, I was checking the wrong spinner. okay, int spinners work, float ones have the bug described above

I'm unable to reproduce this. Are you sure it's a bug? And which part of that patch fixes it?

go to elconfig -> audio and try to adjust the volume for either down to 0.0

when using clean-cvs, lowest it will go for me is 0.10

using my modified client, it will go down to 0.00

the patch has been up a while, so the line numbers are off, but other than that it should still be good. the relevant part:

@@ -1979,15 +1979,16 @@
				case SPIN_FLOAT:
					switch (action) {
						case 'i':
-							//if(*(float *)button->data + button->interval <= button->max+0.000001) { //+0.000001 to avoid issues with floating point values
-							if(*(float *)button->data + button->interval <= button->max) { // NOTE: Can't do that, values > max may cause crashes. Change the max value intead.
+							if(*(float *)button->data + button->interval >= button->max+0.000001) //+0.000001 to avoid issues with floating point values
+								*(float *)button->data = button->max-0.000001f;//because of this, we won't have a value>max
+							else
								*(float *)button->data += button->interval;
-							}
						break;
						case 'd':
-							if(*(float *)button->data - button->interval >= button->min) {
+							if(*(float *)button->data - button->interval < button->min-0.00000f)
+								*(float *)button->data = button->min+0.00000f;
+							else
								*(float *)button->data -= button->interval;
-							}
						break;
					}
					snprintf(button->input_buffer, 255, "%.2f", *(float *)button->data);

going to max on a float does work with clean-cvs... sicne the problem is with floating value inprecision, I guess the problem might only show up on some computers

short version: if the increase/decrease would put it over/under the max/min, then set it to just inside the max/min instead

Try setting the minimum to -0.0000001 instead.

for all float options? they already have a min of 0.0, which should be correct (okay, some float configs will have a different min, but y'know what I mean)

it's the widget that has the error, and the change above fixes it safely.