Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Forgotten Kingdom

First, before I say anything, I'd like to say that I appreciate the work you guys put into this, and the story was great. I know hosting a contest, especially of this magnatude takes a lot of organization, and it's difficult to keep everyone going.

[complaining]

I quit the 2nd part of this contest, I couldn't handle it... first going to Egratia, with one of the characters not in place, then heading back to find him there now, going back to Egratia, only to find the character bogged down (which is not his fault by any means). Then heading to palon (took the shorter path through kusa) got stuck in the library of ancients only to be tp'd back to ida (bethel entrance). walking back to pv, I was instructed to get an item... one that someone with antisocial can't get. getting the ok to move on, i put up the trade, only to have it declined, then told it was ok, asked for the trade again, and sat for 5 minutes.

[/complaining]

again, i'd like to thank everyone who put in hard work on this, i know it takes a lot, but it felt like i was constantly being set back time and time again, with nothing that i could do about it. it killed the story for me ultimately.

I was really looking forward to this...

unfortunately, about 90min before it was due to start... my pager went off (which is 3am local time).

y'see, I'm in the emergency services (as a volunteer) and we had a storm go through. probably 20-25 trees down that we got called to (those that do damage to houses, cars, etc, or block the road... those that fall over in the backyard and don't put a hole in the roof can be left for the professional tree clearers). a few even took down power lines, so we had to wait for the power company's workers to clear them.

there were also a few rooves off, and some other tasks. I came home after 4 hours (most jobs were done by then, and I was worn out), but too late to join in the event.

*sigh*

I had a lot of fun in the first half though, so I'm hoping they'll put another one together real soon *hint hint*

Edited by ttlanhil

I loved the contest. What else can i say i just loved it.

Unfortunatelly i thought i had to go to a pk map (Guardian's quest) and spend a lot trying to find a pk area in Palon.

Thanks guys it was amazing. Count on me next time:-)

It was a hard grind and stressful at times since (I believe) there were more contestees then the mods/adminds/devs could handle and it slowed everything down.

Evalin, I know of what you speak of, but even so - my time I spent in Irilion anyway paid off because I managed to do it. Even though I went afk for some periods (went to pee, sister went on to check her email, had a shave) and had to go back to storage to restock. Overall it was really good and funny at times (though stressful too, I was really impatient).

I wanna say thx to the people involved and I wanna see who was who...a roll call or cast of appearences :)

Tarrant decided to do as the old man told him to. His eyes were big with surprise. Everything he saw around him was completely new and strange. Even the sand was brighter than in his homeland. He didn't know how to get to Idaloran Village, so he followed the crowd to the ship that took him to Idaloran.

The realm he found after leaving the ship was a bit more familiar, although still very different. He was used to the small cities of Seridia and hadn't expected anything so big and overpopulated as Idaloran City. He was completely lost.

Wandering around the City he found himself near one of the City gates. Guards were very friendly and helpful. They told him to go south, which he did. Once he left the city he could smell it. Seridian cities, less crowded, did not have such an odour like Idaloran City. He was happy being able to walk through green fields. He heard birds singing – so familiar. He was thankful for them, they made him know he is still on Draia, they were like a piece of his homeland.

It didn't take him long to find the village. Apparently, all villagers were working in the fields. Only one poor looking beggar was standing next to one of the cottages. He was dirty and smelled... well... unpleasant. Gerald forced himself to go closer to him.

'Hail, my good man. Could you help me?' He asked in his best manners. The dirty man didn't seem to be impressed.

'Good day, stranger! How'ar'ya? What brings'ya here? D'ya've free stuff?'

'Erm... my good man, don't you see I'm a foreigner? I don't have anything but what you see on me! I will ask once again... ' Tarrant was getting angry '... are you ABLE to help me? Just answer a couple SIMPLE questions!'

Beggar started to murmur.

'People are mean! Imma so poor and nobody wanna help poor meh! So sad and Imma so poor! Imma help this rude one, imma good.'

After a while he stopped whining.

'How can I help'ya? Imma busy!'

'Yes, you can help me! Just answer one, short question! Is there a bard in this mudhole...' Tarrant was really angry... 'please, short question – short answer!'

'Hey, stop shouting at poor me! I not help'ya you shoutta me.'

'I'm very, very sorry. I do apologise, but can you answer my question? Please, I'm in a hurry. I beg you to help me!'

'Ya here for stories? Hahaha, whatta pity. Our bard just left. He was looking for the magic well, whatever it is! Can'ya believe it? Old fool...

'Me have no idea where he went. Maybe his best friend, fools always find other fools, in the City will help ya. He is spending most of his time in the inn there. He is a historian. Who cares about history?! Only fools! Go, and never come back, Imma finished with ya.'

Tarrant went back to the City. It didn't take him long to find the tavern. He just followed the loud and spicy songs. Even parts he was unable to understand made him blush. He entered the tavern unnoticed by anybody. Even the tavern keeper had not looked at him.

He sat at the one of the tables and ordered ale and some food. People around him were eating really slowly, like they did not have to go anywhere. Slow and long moves with spoons and forks. Looking at them was hypnotising. He felt the atmosphere cool down.

He was listening to the songs, hearing the loud voiced of people talking about their days. He had not heard anything about the man he was looking for, though. He decided that he could not wait longer.

'Hello, I'm very interested in the history of this wonderful city. Do you know anybody that could help me?'

'Whaaaa?' The man he asked seems to be a bit indisposed. 'Erm... lemme think... you must meet Dereck. He's a bit crazy...' the strange sound was coming from his stomach. He punched his chest couple time and burped.

'Doubt you will get anything useful from him. He and his friend, this drunkard that calls himself, listen now, BARD pfffffffff.... are spending here lotsa time talking about nothing.'

His head fell on the desk. Gerald was waiting patiently for a while, but after couple minutes his patience reached its limits. He shook the drunkard.

'Whaaa? Ah, still ya. Hmmm.... I heard Dereck found something strange near the mines on the south east. He took his grandson there to... 'investigate' the thing. Fool... He claimed it was tleprort.... teleprot.... erm, nevermind – it was another of his 'smart' words pffffffff and now run, live me in peace.'

Tarrant decided to spend the night in the tavern hoping nothing bigger than a bedbug will try to eat him. He fell asleep very quickly and the dream... the dream he had the night before whole his quest started came back to him.

The old woman he saw earlier was in his dream again.

'Yes... you're closer... I can sense you... Come... Come... Come... Shadows are whispering great knowledge to my ears... Not everything you see is what you think... Not every man is who you think... Come... Come...'

He woke up rapidly and decided not to waste any minute more. Taking his equipment he left the tavern and the city, hoping he would never have to visit this place again.

He went to the south, he knew the way, since the mines were not far from the village. Once he thought he heard somebody crying in the darkness. He went in this direction.

Near the fallen tree there was young boy crouching and sobbing.

'Grandpa... where are you, grandpa...'

Tarrant walked toward him, trying to make a noise – to warn the child, but not to scare him.

'Hello, boy, what has happend?'

The boy was looking at him. Tears in his eyes made Tarrant want to hug him and make him stop his worrying. Instead he came closer and sat on the tree next to the boy.

'What has happened to your grandpa?'

The boy started sobbing again, when Gerald mentioned his grandfather.

'He disappeared... he just stepped on the strange bluish plate over there and just disappeared. Father will be mad at me... He told me to take care of grandpa...

'Please, can you help me... will you find him...

'Grandpa said that he needed to investigate this plate. He read about it in one of his books... he loves the books and he loves stories in them... he is looking into the history of our realm... please find him, please.'

The boy started to cry again. After getting sure young boy is safe,Tarrant didn't wait much longer, he closed his eyes and stepped on plate.

He heard the waves foaming between rocks and smelt salty air. Soon he saw the beach and the ocean. The sight was amazing and beautiful. The moons shining on the cloudless sky and the stairs... doubled in the calm surface of the sea.

The night was very bright what let him see the camp on the beach with the stage in the middle of it. He went there hoping to meet anybody. Apparently, the camp was deserted.

He spotted the humanlike shape lying near the one of tents. He stepped closer, very carefully, since he didn't know creatures of this strange realm.

He was watching the shape for a while before he decided to walk closer. He started the small fire and looked at the old man laying on the ground. He wasn't hurt, just looked extremely exhausted. Tarrant gave him some water and rest of his supplies.

The old man fell asleep and Gerald was watching the wonderful sky. He felt relaxed as never. He even forgot about the dangerous mission awaiting for him.

When the sun brightened up the sky and shimmered on the sea the old man woke up.

'Who... who are you?'

'My name is Gerald Tarrant. I was looking for you. I need your help.'

'Ho... how can I help you?' he still seemed to be a bit unconscious. Rapidly he got up with strong feelings appearing on the face.

'Have you seen my grandson? I left him alone on the second side of teleport. We need to find him... Poor boy, alone for whole night, because of my foolishness and stubbornness.'

'Calm down, he is all right. He is waiting in safe place for you. We will go to him, and meanwhile you can answer my questions.'

'You are looking for my very best friend, Loren. He was looking for some treatment for his aching hands. Before he left, he was talking about a legendary Well in the Palon Vertas. I'm sure you will find him there.

'Tell him that I've sent you to him. It will make him more... friendly... he is in very strange mood for last weeks. So... impatient... worried... and frightened?

They stepped through the teleport and went toward the place Gerald left the boy in. Meanwhile Dereck was talking about the history of Idaloran and other realms of the Irilion, how he called the continent. Once they found Dereck's grandson, they had to take different ways. Tarrant went to the far north – to the passage to Bethel. He remembered the last words of historian.

'Be careful, there are terrible monsters in Bethel, be really careful going there! Farewell and good luck my friend.'

He knew the journey through Bethel won't be easy and safe. Nevertheless he started it, feeling that with each step was getting closer to the final of his quest, whatever it would be.

The journey was long and tiresome. His dreams were getting more and more disturbing. He was waking up screaming. There was not an old woman in his dreams. Instead he had been seeing people being tortured, hellish creatures with evil eyes and dark silhouette of the man in the edge or sight.

Finally he entered Palon Vertas. He was standing like in dream, so wonderful and amusing was the realm. He started to believe in the magic well. Something like this might be only in the place like Palon Vertas was.

He saw high walls far away. That was the direction he went. He crossed the city gates. This place was far more familiar to him than Idaloran. The city was smaller, calmer and made very friendly impression on him

It felt almost like home. People were wandering around slowly with smiles on their faces. They were greeting him like a long lost friend. All of them were happy to help him.

Thanks to them he didn't have any problems with finding the Well and an old man sitting next to it.

'Hail, are you bard Loren? Dereck told you will be able to help me.'

The face of the man was bored when Tarrant started his speech, but when he heard the name of the historian, his attitude changed. He smiled and looked at Gerald.

'Well... what brings you here? Sit down and tell me your story. I will help you with all my knowledge and will.'

Gerald sat and did what Loren asked him for. Tensions, worries and fear of last weeks appeared in his voice when he was telling about the looking for the 'Tome of Revelation'. Deep sadness covered his face when he was talking about King David's sacrifice. Bard was listening to him and nodding his head from time to time.

When Tarrant told him about his dreams a strange expression ran through his face, but Gerald had not spotted it.

'I think I've heard something about it. I will help you! I was looking for such history for whole my life! Your tale will make me immortal! Ha! What a luck, what a luck! And I thought I will never have chance to write a chronicle of something so important. Evil Lord, undead King – wonderful.

'Let's get to work then. We will need to gather more information than I have. There was an old legend about powerful magicians that had hidden something somewhere in our wonderful land, but... I don't know much more...

'However I know somebody that could help us. The old woman in The Forbidden Forest of Idaloran could know something.

Idaloran was blunt and ugly after the miracles of Palon Vertas, wonderful sand of Bethel and Sedicolis Jungle. Nevertheless, Tarrant, was there again. He visited Dereck to get more information about the Forbidden Forest. He learnt that Nymorqu Wood was a strange and cursed place.

Dereck didn't believe anybody might have lived there, but he told Gerald how to go there. He didn't know, though, how to get to the Wood itself, since it the gates leading to it were locked ages ago.

He found a story of Nymorqu in one of his books. When he was reading it to the Tarrant, he recognised something familiar in it.

Soon after it he left Dereck's house and started his journey to Nymorqu Wood.

It wasn't hard to find a gate leading to the Nymorqu Wood. It looked ancient and was very rusty. He couldn't open. Tired and desperate he sat on the ground looking at the gates. Once, he spotted a small shadow flickering near the one of the gate halves. Strange was there was nothing that could cause this shadow. He got up and jump toward the shadow. When he touched the gate he was surrounded by dark, shadowlike mist and found himself on the other side of the gate. Seemed he couldn't get back same way. He wasn't ready though to get away from the Wood.

He started to looking for anything alive... not including shadows that seemed to have their will and to swimming around freely. It took him a couple hours, but he didn't find anybody... or anything. No bird sang, no deer were running between bushes. Only shadows.

He lost hope when the afternoon darkness covered the forest with symphony of shadows and reds. Then he heard a whisper.

'Welcome to the realm of shadows and sadness. Here I am... shadows told me your coming the chosen. Yes... it is long since they told me something that clearly... My time is ending here... Time to move forward, but before I will do it I shall tell you the story of ancient tome of relevant.'

'Who are you!? Where are you?!' Tarrant was looking around, feeling cold sweat on his back.

'The most powerful magicians of your realm came here ages ago to hide the knowledge that could save your Kingdom, but... in the hands of evil it could destroy Draia, our world. The hid it in the area where even Evil can't see. The used all their life powers to summon and set there a guardian that would stay there until the time that the chosen will come for his heritage.'

He saw something near the small cave not far from him. The old woman hid in shadows. When she realised he spotted her she shook her hand inviting him to come closer.

'You are the chosen one. You are the one that could use the knowledge of ancient times. You are the one who could defeat the evil and bring peace to your Realm. Yes... it's you.... but... will you manage to do it? Even shadows don't know.

'You have to find the hideout of guardian of the Ancient Tome of Relevant, you must do it as soon as possible. Shadows are getting nervous, the Darkness and Evil is coming, once it starts its ruling the end of all life on Draia will come soon. The Lord of Shadows shall lead you... Hurry now... the one who send you to me is not the one who he seems to be... his true nature is hidden... talk to him... go now... and bring him this sign.

She gave him small item made of shadow essence and entered the cave. He followed her, but, what was strange, he couldn't find her.

He couldn't find the way out of the cave for a long time. Finally he spotted the rope hanging from the hole in the cave ceiling. He decided to climb it.

He was back to Palon Vertas, he felt that the knowledge the strange woman in Nymorqu shared with him was bringing him down. Not knowing what to expect he found the bard.

It took Loren only a second to realise that Tarrant had changed. He smile, but this time the smile was different. The wisdom of ages could have been seen in it.

'Ah... you talked to the old, good Erlona. She said I'm not who I am? Don't you think it's a bit stupid? Well... she was right. I'm not just simple bard. It is what I was doing for last couple hundreds of years, though. Yes, my true nature isn't so easy to see...

'You see, my dear, I am the last of the circle that was sent here to hide the Ancient Tome. I am the one who knew the location of guardian. Mind, I KNEW it... I don't remember it anymore. I know only that we had hidden it in the area where the evil can reach. As all magicians and priests know the water is an obstacle the true evil can't pass. We hid the book on the ship at the coast of one of realms of Irilion.

'I don't know what has happend to the ship. All I know is that is no longer sailing. That is what my powers let me see.

'I know somebody that could help you though, there is an old sailor in Sedicolis – when he is sober he knows more than anybody else about the seas and oceans. He surely knows the legends that could help you.

'Once you find him come to me... I will tell you how to pass the guardian.

Wasn't hard to find the sailor in Sedicolis. Much harder was getting any information from the drunkard. However, Gerald learnt about amazing number of ship wrecks around. Most mysterious of them was seen in Bethel, though. Many people disappeared inside it.

He was on his way to Bethel, still remembering his last meeting with Loren.

'I managed to contact the guardian. Yes... he is waiting for you now. Bring him this pendant you need to weild it before talking to him... he will tell you all what you have to know... Farewell, and good luck. My time on this land has finished. I will follow my brothers of circle. At last, it's time my soul meets peace at last! Farewell!'

The pendant... it was hard to call over 1 meter of titanium sword a pendant, but he could feel ancient magic in the sword.

He entered wonderful Bethel desert and walked to the coast. It wasn't hard to spot the wreck near the beach. The magic of the creature inside was spreading around causing strange space turbulences. There was only a narrow trail he had to follow. Any wrong step was throwing him back to the beach.

Finally he got into the wreck. He saw a strange room. Magic energy was flowing and sparkling around. He took out the sword and moved forward. Once he felt something slowing his moves. He felt like he was in thick mud. Only determination helped him to fight the obstacle. Soon after the first curtain of power he encountered a second. He knew what to do. Imagining his homeland, good King David and the need that lead him so far he went through it.

The guardian was waiting for him.

'Greetings the chosen one. I see your pendant. Listen to me now.

Only in silence word,

Only in dark the light,

Only in dying life.

'This is the knowledge you're looking for. Now...

'Let me explain these lines to you. Listen in silence – only this way you will find the knowledge. You need to find the undead King and fight him, only through his death you will find way to life for you and your people.

'I can see him, Eryk is his name, yes... my spirit found him in the realm called Palon Vertas. Look for trap doors there. Beware... he is strong enemy – but you have to defeat him!

'Go now, be prepared for a fight for your and your friends lives. Be prepared to fight for your Kingdom. When you leave this ship it will vanish from this realm. This is not the place for such powerful knowledge.

The next few days were like a nightmare. Tarrant hardly remembered them. He went back to Palon Vertas again, looking for the bard, but he couldn't find him. Strangely people seemed not to remember him nor bard at all. They were friendly as before – it was just like they were dreaming and then they woke up.

They told him the story about the forgotten temple in the undergrounds of one of the ruin buildings in the western Palon Vertas.

He found it – the small, ruined house with the trap door in the floor. Gerald was hardly able to raise it. The narrow, darkly covered with shadows and spider webs stairs led down. Tarrant followed them.

He could sense the odour of death. He sensed something breaking laws of nature waiting for him downstairs. Suddenly he heard dry laughter turning into cough. The Chosen One knew that King Eryk was waiting for him and that the battle is close.

He took out his sword which started shining with bluish light which was becoming more and more intensive with each step downward.

'Hahaha... you pitiful mortal worm... do you think you can fight with ME...'

Eryk whispered, but the echo made his voice sounded much louder than it was. The echo made it also sounding from each side, so Tarrant couldn't locate the undead King.

The stairs were about to end and he saw him. Staying between 2 doors, King Eryk was armed with both weapon and dark power of magic. The battle started.

They were fighting for a long time. Their swords were like lighting. Tarrant's breath filled the ancient temple with echoes. Eryk wasn't laughing any more, quite the opposite; there was some nervousness in his moves. He started making small mistakes, but there were more and more of them.

Thanks to one such mistake Tarrant managed to pierce through the undead King's defence and hit Eryk's chest with the sword.

'How dare... you... defeating... ME!...'

Tarrant wasn't able to hear anything else that Eryk said. A strange power caught him and threw him through the realms. He appeared in a strange place – full of fire.

A powerful voice was speaking in a strange language, words that weren't even similar to anything Tarrant had heard before. Suddenly another voice sounded in his ears, the voice of the last mage of the ancient circle of power, 'yes... yes... my friend, his death will open portal to the realm of death. Remember, you can't leave the realm until you defeat my brother, Lord Corvin. Only his death can finish this.'

The strange voice was getting closer to him.

'Welcome to my realm... welcome to my prison... welcome to the place of your death.... mwuahahahahaha...

'There is still chance for you, worm. Join me and replace this useless crap, Eryk. You proven you're better than him. Join me and the world will cry and kneel before my power.

'Never! I will never join you, Corvin...

'Ah, you know my name. Hmmm... do you know why this all had happened? Do you know how I was betrayed by my best friend?! DO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR WHOLE REALM WAS BUILT ON MY DEATH!

'Yes! I know this all, but my beloved King David sacrificed his life to pay for Bleys's faults. You should be pleased with his death. He was a wise and good king, and now... now... there is no Kingdom, there is nobody to rule it. You destroyed my homeland. You will pay for it. I shall demolish you.'

Shouting this Tarrant took out his sword and leaped toward Corvin. So did the last battle of Forgotten Kingdom start.

Lord Corvin was a dangerous and malicious opponent. Strong with the power of his magic he was teleporting over the underworlds throwing powerful spells at Tarrant. Apparently, the sword gave him a kind of resistance, since the spells that should have killed him caused only pain and pain was something he was accustomed to.

Tarrant was exhausted, but had not stopped in his pursuit of getting closer to Corvin. Suddenly he saw something that did not belonging to the realm of fire. A shadow flickering not far from him. He followed it and saw Corvin surrounded by more shadows.

'What is it? What have you brought to my realm? This land is forgotten by gods, what power managed to get into here'

The voice from shadows answered to these questions, 'yes, Lord Corvin, the power of shadows found you at last. Too long you cheated death. This is the time to finish your existence. The shadows can't kill you, but... the sword of Chosen One can.'

Shadows disappeared. Corvin, looking confused, started to cast a spell.

'What!? Where is my magic!? Who did it to me?! Answer now!?'

The same voice sounded in the emptiness of Underworlds, 'The Lord that is above you, The Lord of Shadows. The Lord that is waiting for you to judge you, prepare. Now, chosen one... his magic will be back soon, hurry.'

Tarrant jumped toward Corvin, his sword was burning with power of magic when it reached the dark heart of Corvin.

Here he was, alone in hell, deserted and exhausted. He wanted to die.

He felt that somebody was sitting next to him. He turned slowly prepared for the next battle. It was King David. His face was made of light.

'As I promised my friend. Here we meet again. The Dark Prophecy is fulfilled. I'm free and you... you my friend are free as well. Gods decided to give you second life in the realm you love. Farewell...'

David slowly disappeared.

The End

The Story of Nymorqu Wood, found in Dereck's library

It was the year of the drought. Gardens of Idaloran dried, fields covered with thick dust. The great famine took its harvests. Many died. Ones that survived started to looking for somebody to make guilty for it.

Only one place in whole Idaloran wasn't touched by drought. The mysterious forest of Nymorqu. People were avoiding this strange place. The tales about living shadows kept even most inquisitives far from the forest.

Not many knew that the Nymorqu was a realm sacrificed to the One who rules from Shadows, god of Death.

Some of the people of Idaloran turned there prays from Gods of Light to the Shadow Lord. What was very strange, most of them survived. No one knew why and these who suspected anything were far from truth.

People were gossiping about the strange chants that could have been hearing from the forest in the nights. The strange sounds were surrounding Nymorqu during the nights when none of two moons were on the sky. Some had reported strange shadows seen on fields and in gardens.

Gossips can kill, and old proverb said. The sad events in Nymorqu Wood had proved it rightness.

One day it was revealed that there is an old woman living in Nymorqu. People claimed she was the priest of God of Death. Nobody knew whether it is truth or not, but victims of the plague didn't need anything more to take their revenge.

They rampaged through the fields and bushes toward the Forest. Shouting and yelling, 'burn the witch, finish the plague'. Nobody was listening to ones that tried to stopped them and convince to calm down. The anger, the fear and the rage ruled the crowd.

When they reached Nymorqu and old Woman was waiting for them.

'What are you looking for? What brings you to the realm of Shadows?'

'You shall burn in hell witch. It's your fault – it your fault our children are dying! It's your fault we are starving. You shall pay for it.'

'Fools, Lord of Shadows has nothing in common with the drought. Do you think he cares about you or this realm? No! He has more important aims than couple deaths. And... all of us will be his minions earlier or later. You shall be happy your children don't suffer any more. Fools! Go back to your houses and start praying to your weak gods. Maybe they will help you. Shadow Lord won't.'

With these words she disappeared in shadows. The crowd stayed in silence for a while when somebody threw a torch to the forest. Soon hundrets of torches followed it. Nothing had happened for couple seconds. Suddenly the fire burst in the forest.

The crowd, hungry of vengance, was watching it with perverse pleasure. Once the fires stopped they came back to their houses. They felt better, however the drought lasted for next couple months.

Once the drought expired some were looking toward the place where the Nymorqu Forest used to be with kind of sadness and self-blaming in eyes. They preferred, though, thinking they were right.

Years past and the forest was green again. New trees greened and the shadows were back. The forest were not safe place any more. Ones entering it were never seen again. Mayors of Idaloran decided to surround the forest with a wall and lock it forever. They had the magic gates built, once locked they were never possible to open again.

People stopped disappearing, but... strange whispers still were heard near the forest. Strange shadows were flickering around it. The Lord of Shadows took control of his domain again.

Ones that were near the forest in the late afternoons were talking about the shadow figure wandering in the forest, the figure of an old woman.

Awards:

Overall

I MoonShadow

II Brain (contact molime please)

III Tanyia

Best RPer

Moonshadow

For each part

I Muppet and MagpieLee

II ttlanhil and Damned_Angel

III Kedan (contect me please) and bep

Best RPers

crus and Damned_Angel

Sidequest

bep and teira for 'hammer' quest

sweettea and MoonShadow for 'falcon quest'

'Big heart and steel will' award

Lachesis

I would like to congratulate to all who take part in it, to all winners. To Corpus Opis guild for amazing team work.

I would like to say thank you to all who helped me with the contest:

Molime, Clephptahre, mr00wka, infern0 and Tom_Tom of Seridia Viatoris guild

Aislinn, Soldus, SysteMa and Lumen of Eternal Guardians guild

Atahn of Hospitaller Knights guild

Derin of guild Brotherhood of Bane (he will be dead when I get him though :)

Kylara of guild Crusaders

and....

Roja of guild RolePlaying

Thank you all, without you it won't work.

CAST

Part 1

King David - Roja/Vanyel

Master of Brotherhood of Trust - Molime

the_Seer - Derin

Dark Dwarf - Soldus

Priest of Mortos in Naralik - Aislinn

Priest of Morots in Mynadar - m'lady Lumen

Part 2

Matad - Tom_Tom

Grdhyln, drunkard in Idaloran City - Soldus

Tarm, historian grandson - Aislinn

Dereck, the historian - molime

Loren, the member of ancient circle of power and a bard - Atahn

Erlona, Shadow Woman of Nymorqu - clephptahre

Seagrahm, Old Sailor - Kylara

the_Guardian - Lumen

King_Eryk - infern0

Lord_Corvin - SisteMa

Edited by vanyel

CAST

Part 1

King David - Roja/Vanyel

Master of Brotherhood of Trust - Molime

the_Seer - Derin

Dark Dwarf - Soldus

Priest of Mortos in Naralik - Aislinn

Priest of Morots in Mynadar - m'lady Lumen

Part 2

Matad - Tom_Tom

Grdhyln, drunkard in Idaloran City - Soldus

Tarm, historian grandson - Aislinn

Dereck, the historian - molime

Loren, the member of ancient circle of power and a bard - Atahn

Erlona, Shadow Woman of Nymorqu - clephptahre

Seagrahm, Old Sailor - Kylara

the_Guardian - Lumen

King_Eryk - infern0

Lord_Corvin - SisteMa

Woohoo! Nice work lads and lasses!

I hope I wasn't too harsh on you when I was 'role-playing' :lol:

I think many people already said it ingame or before alraedy, but I will do it again here.

So what I have to say is that the contest was really great and we really had alot of fun!

Thanks to all the people who organized it and played the roles. We really enjoyed it. :-)

Thank you. :-)

Well I had loads of fun doing it, even with magpie :P J/k, I know it was all in good fun! (Lol I went from one player tousling my hair reassuring me to magpie basically calling me a wuss and yelling at me!)

Congratulations to all the winners, it was great to see so many people really get into it. The fun part was a LOT of them were people I never expected to see rping...

Also a huuuuuge special thanks have to go to vanyel...for writing this, organizing it into parts, making characters, getting us all together, getting the prizes together...too many things to mention them all. He did such a great job. :P:hug:

Yeah well...

"Town drunk"

Grdhyln: Hmmm.... I heard Dereck found something strange near the mines on the south east. He took his grandson there to... 'investigate' the thing.

MagpieLEE: hah! I have already spoken to that old hag.

Grdhyln: Fool... He claimed it was tleprort.... teleprot.... erm, nevermind it was another of his 'smart' words pffff and now run, give me peace!

MagpieLEE: you waste your time on the bottle, and your life on the drink

Grdhyln: *hicks*

MagpieLEE: farewell drunken one.

MagpieLEE: another sight of you and I shall smite thee

"Grow up young one"

MagpieLEE: Tarm, I have seen your Grandfather

[PM from Tarm: Tell grandpa I will wait for him here. And tell him that his favourite falcon is back home, he will be so happy.]

MagpieLEE: He sends word that he is fine, though he was injured

MagpieLEE: I shall do that.

Muppet: *ruffles tarn's hair* i'll be get this potion to your grand dad, i know right where he is ^_^

MagpieLEE: Tarm, your lack of courage is frightening. As your grandfather lacks youth

MagpieLEE: lol

later

[PM from Tarm: *cries pitifully*]

[PM to Tarm: have courage young one! Drink some mead with Grdhyln!]

Other examples

"Rum? Thats one for the gag reel"

Seagrahm: and a bottle of rum, hips

MagpieLEE: Rum?

MagpieLEE: There's no rum in Draia fool!

"typical--old-hag-with-visions-who-need-a-companion-other-then-the-voices-in-her-head"

Erlona: good luck chosen [one]

MagpieLEE: I shall do so...

MagpieLEE: may I also say, that if shadows speak. What do they whisper when an axe bears through its bark?

MagpieLEE: the forbidden woods have made who you are

Erlona: lol

Erlona $

MagpieLEE: I suggest companionship with the has-been with the Hammer, or the drunk in the Tavern

"Finale"

Zap! You were sent to Aislinn!

Lord_Corvin: You fool!!!

Lord_Corvin: You think you will manage to stop me now? When I've almost got my revenge? Never!!!

MagpieLEE: The Underworld.

Lord_Corvin: I will kill you myself! And your soul will watch your body serve me for eternity!

Lord_Corvin: Your end has come...

MagpieLEE: Die fool!

MagpieLEE: Ha! Tarm could hit me harder!

Your enemy used the ring of disengagement, so he fled, and you can't move for ~5 seconds.

Lord_Corvin: Is that all you've got?!

Lord_Corvin fertilizes the ground.

later

MagpieLEE: Erlona hits harder then thou!

Lord_Corvin: I was going easy ;D

Aislinn: lol what about Tarm? :hug:

Hyperion: rofl

MagpieLEE: Even Tarm can smite thee!

Aislinn: hee hee

Those were my own attempts at hardcore roleplaying :P How did everyone else do?

Please note some was edited to remove chitter-chatter. And there were more but I didn't want to overspam

Nice event, many things wen't really bad! :/

Loren didn't tell us about the sailor, then sailor said nothing about pedant..

But hey :/ i understand that u guys had a really tuff time dealing with all pms and such..

Tnx for the RP award, and i glad u liked our (*CO*) teamwork :)

Great job Vanyel, thanks for everything! It was very fun! :)

Thanks to everyone who participated. Hope you had fun.

Congrats to all the winners. Enjoy your prizes.

And thanks to all the helpers. It couldn't have been done without you.

- Sistema Silverwish.