Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Random days

I have a very interesting idea, but I would like your input on it first, so I won't implement it and then just hear everyone bitching.

Basically, my idea is to make a few special days, which will be selected randomly at the beginning of each ingame day.

So there will be a chance for a day to be special (maybe 30%) or just be a normal day.

Now, the special days will be good or bad.

Here is a list I came up with, but it's not final:

Good days:

1. Increeased chance to get rare items while harvesting

2. Increased chance to get special items while manufacturing

3. Summons have increased life (twice as much)

4. Increased experience for each skill (each skill with it's own day, not all at once)

5. Day of no tears (no items break that day)

Bad days:

1. Tough monsters (more attack/defense)

3. Day of fasting (no eating that day) [edited]

4. No rare items while harvesting.

5. No rare items while manufacturing.

6. Day of breakage (increased chance for the items to break).

If you have ideas, oppinions, suggestions, etc. let me know.

And yes, I would like slightly more bad days than good days. Each day will have an equal chance.

Further edit, courtesy of Arnieman:

Another idea - random chance of 1 per 3 months in EL - "Really Bad Day".

1.) Monster Magnetism and defense levels are ignored completely.

2.) Animals become aggressive.

3.) Players a/d levels and phys and coord stats are effectively halved for the day.

4.) No bonuses for harvesters.

5.) Drastic increase of disaster for harvesters.

6.) Drastic increased chance of critical failures in manu/alch/pot/craft/etc.

7.) Nexii all go to 0/current, cannot use any armor or make anything requiring a nexus that whole day (and if wearing armor in battle, it breaks instantly.)

8.) All NPC stores close - NO NPC (not even quest NPCs) will talk to the players.

9.) Scotty's Vacation - #beam me (up) doesn't work.

Final thought - Isla Prima should remain as a "buffer zone" against this happening to newbies, I think. Give them a place where they can get acquainted with the game without having to have the bad luck of joining on a bad day and being so ticked off they just leave.

Edited by Entropy

Sounds like a good idea but i got a few questions. Will the days be per player or for everyone?Also will it be broadcasted or will the players have to find out for themselves?(that would be ebul if they would have to find out)

Sounds like a good idea but i got a few questions. Will the days be per player or for everyone?Also will it be broadcasted or will the players have to find out for themselves?(that would be ebul if they would have to find out)

sounds good

sounds good only this rule

3. Day of feasting (no eating that day)

make it if you eat you get only 50% from the food becourse if you cant eat you cant do nothing.

Guest Navelfluff

Sounds like a great idea. Guess the feasting is a good day and not a bad day tho. Will there be any ways to see if its a good or bad day, or will you just have to figure that out yourselves (eg. having made 20k fe's and no efe)?

Keep up the good work :)

3. Day of feasting (no eating that day)

I assume you mean fasting (feasting would be more food when you eat, or lower food cooldown time or something. which sounds like not a bad positive day to me)

this would be a really bad one, you can harvest, explore, or fight and that's it (and even those are at a disadvantage)

perhaps in exchange for fasting people could regain 1 food per minute and not heal per minute? for this, you'd probably want to stop reading (stomach growling makes it hard to read ^_^ ), but it could work without being really bad (in fact, full fasting would probably make many people go do something else for the EL-day... many of them complaining on the forums about how EL is too fighting-focused :) )

basically... I like the concept, but not some effects

Edited by ttlanhil

Basically, my idea is to make a few special days, which will be selected randomly at the beginning of each ingame day.

So there will be a chance for a day to be special (maybe 30%) or just be a normal day.

IMHO very good idea! It could be fun. But I'd suggest lowering the rate for special days. Otherwise they won't be so special.

I think 10% is high enough.

Will we have some message from god that a special day occured or it is to find out by experience for players?

Regards

Chryzopraz

Edited by Chryzopraz

Guest Demjicof

I think it's a pretty good idea. Maybe you could, (for noobs that is) have zones that the bad days don't effect?

As far as I am concerned this is a very good idea, and it will insert some additional life in game! :)..

Very nice!

I like this idea. Its like religious festivals. Some days you are blessed by some gods, and some days you are cursed by some other gods (the EL gods that is).

However, I think the chance should be much lower for a special day (good or bad). The average day should be "normal" imo. By much lower chance I would say like 5% (~ 1-2 special days per month).

@Demjicof

Such days should be for all or none, noob or not.

Edited by Derin

lol....that idea is quite kwl but what u mean find rare items while harvesting is it like u find a penny lyin on the floor or an armour got stuck in corn field?? :)

But I like The Idea... :)

:lurker:

lol....that idea is quite kwl but what u mean find rare items while harvesting is it like u find a penny lyin on the floor or an armour got stuck in corn field?? :)

But I like The Idea... :)

:lurker:

Rare items = Rostogol stones, serpant stones, etc.

I like the idea too-it adds some more spice to the game, in a very unique way. I give it :):icon13:

Edited by Tanyia

Sounds okay with me. It'd be great to have something like this.

But let's not have too much days like this. Maybe a much lower chance of a random day?

- SisteMa`

In general I think it's an interesting idea, but I have a few points.

30 % seems a bit often to me (I know, it was just an example).

3. Day of feasting (no eating that day). Special day is special day :)

Hm, no eating at all is a bit much maybe, that will practically be a non-playing day. An alternative could be only being able to use feasting potions? Would at least finally make them get used as well.

I also agree that it sounds like a wonderful idea. I also agree with a few others that the days should be few and far between. 30% to me would be a bit...stressful for regular daily players wondering when they will be blessed or ...shall we say not :) that day.

Sounds like a fun bit of variety!

The days won't be announced ahead of time, I hope. Noone will play on 'bad err day'.

Most of the benefits and detriments are vague enough for nooberts to not have to worry about, and mysterious enough for mega-ELers to not notice right away thus making them worry....

I hope it's a simple arrangement to complete and doesn't take preference over more popular demands of players. I haven't made any suggestions, or dug into the category yet but there seem to be clamors of demands here and there.

Got my vote as a good idea! Now can you make it rain a little less? Bob always comes out in the rain....

I like this idea. Its like religious festivals. Some days you are blessed by some gods, and some days you are cursed by some other gods (the EL gods that is).

I like this idea. One God it's happy or angry a day with a specific advantages or handicaps. It looks more "logic" and u can manage not to have a very bad day adapting yourselve to Gods humour.

Sounds cool but the Day of feasting is kinda hard because it would be pointless to play on that day when you cant do anything with -30 food lvl after your food lvl runs out.

Anyways, keep upthe great work :)