Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
warmastermage

Tropies/Bounties

How about when you pk someone you get a part of thier body like a finger or an ear as proof that you pked them. Trophies can be traded but when you use the eye icon, it says the name of the person you actually killed the guy instead of the person i possesion of the trophie. This would be useful for two things: Showing off showing off the ear of someone strong to your friends and for bounty. Lets say someone bagjumped someone and refuses to get the stuff back. Then the person would go on the general chat or market channel and say that he is buying the ear or finger of the person who bagjumped him. Missing fingers and ears will not show on your char(it grows back).

Feedback please. ;)

Edited by warmastermage

This will be the start of a whole new skill: pickling. People won't want their trophies to rot, so they'll...anyway, this will be the start of a great new era in Seridia.

Would you like to buy Crus's toe? Or one of Shivar's devil-horns? I thought not.

Since this idea turned out to be a bad one, i would like to place the blame on the people of Blizzard because i ripped the idea off from DiabloII  :D

215414[/snapback]

Glad to see that you finally got that this aint Diablo II :D

What complicates this is if there are several ppl attacking. Then one could say it would be "unfair" to the one who did, say, 99% of the work, but the 1%er got the "trophy". Part from being morbid, this wont work in EL sisnce there are no bodies to scavenge. All eternals are under the curse of Mortos.

Edited by Derin

I like this idea.......if its any conselation

We've got pking true, but I DO think we should have rich harvesters and alchers ordering assasinations. Mainly for the hyumor value...and you'll know if you annoyed someone. It won't be abused, as whos gonna pay 5k for someone to kill a level 10 player?

Heh. Ive played a game with this. Only we used a command. After you had PKed someone you could "behead player" and carry his severed head with you. PKer had HUGE collections of heads. They also doubled as a decent food source, so if you were in character as a blood-thristy killer, you could pull out your last kill's severed head and eat it. Muahaha!

What about public stats with kills and deaths for non-private players?

216063[/snapback]

Good idea, but it would take some implementation. It would improve PKing. :medieval:

What about a bounty-NPC? Somone pays to that NPC and the bounty for certain player is triggered (may also result in altering someones nick-colour, not red-for-pkable, but mabye gold, or smth). Then, the person who kills the triggeres character, gets either the "finger or ear", or the server remembers his name, so he can get the reward from bounty-NPC.

That kind of feature probably needs hundereds of codelines in EL so... no idea if it's a good idea. :devlish:

What about a bounty-NPC? Somone pays to that NPC and the bounty for certain player is triggered (may also result in altering someones nick-colour, not red-for-pkable, but mabye gold, or smth). Then, the person who kills the triggeres character, gets either the "finger or ear", or the server remembers his name, so he can get the reward from bounty-NPC.

That kind of feature probably needs hundereds of codelines in EL so... no idea if it's a good idea. :P

216304[/snapback]

Wow that would be interesting. Moderators would have fortunes on their heads! So would a few other people I can think of.

Edited by Brom

Ewww...

If somebody got a body part for every time I died, I wouldn't have a character left anymore :D

:D What ever softcore you die way to easy to be making any comments!!!

I do like the Idea of someway of proving if and how many kills on a person!!

FirEBallS